Coffee and Glances

One More Day Stranger Kim Jongwoon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Saab’s officemates aren’t wrong. She is a workaholic. In fact, not a week has passed and the car ride is totally out of her mind. Can’t blame me. I am looking to close a very profitable deal. Even though the client is being a complete arse he will say yes. No one can say no to me.

My hotel offers the best amenities but luxury irks me as of the moment. Talk to different money grabbing people daily and you’ll understand. Also, I’m too busy to explore so I’ve been spending my meeting free hours on Mobit and Café Armoiré for days now. Though I haven’t seen Yesung at all.

Frequenting one café for days have perks, the staff almost always recognize me. I smiled at the cashier and asked, “Annyeong! Is the rooftop table available? Please tell me if a big group wants to sit there later. I would transfer to a small one.”

“Algaesumnida.”, he replied while taking my order.

“Thank you so much.”

Clutching my laptop and suit, I sat on my favorite spot. The rooftop is really beautiful. No one is sitting on the other table too. Perfect.

I’m so absorbed studying a company report I didn’t notice that two hours has passed. I don’t give a damn about my surroundings when I work. I am usually like this anywhere. Give me coffee and I can go on for days.

Not taking my eyes off the document, I reached to swirl my coffee and took a sip. Its empty.

“ I need a refill.”

One more paragraph I said to myself. That one paragraph became two and three. Totally engrossed I took a sip from the empty cup again.

Someone coughed chuckled on the other table. Did he/she saw me sipping from an empty cup?

Looking up, I saw a lone guy in a black beanie, large sunglasses, oversized shirt, and ripped jeans. I felt my cheeks color.

It’s Yesung.

______

 

I am bored. I have no schedule for today. I am not in the mood to watch a movie either. “Omma, you’re not going to Mobit? I’m going to Armoiré”

“Arasso, I’m going later. I will wait for your father!”, Omma answered from the kitchen.

Melo and Kkoming are sleeping. They must be so tired from all the walking we did. Cute babies.

“I’m going now Omma.”, I went over and gave her a hug. “Call me if you’re going to Armoiré.”

Walking to the parking lot alone feels weird to me but I feel like driving today. I rarely drive. My herniated disc bothers me. I don’t think fans even know I drive. Speaking of fans and cars, I suddenly remember, what’s her name again? Saab. Yeah. That Canadian ELF. I wonder if she’s still in Riviera. Catching my face on the mirror I blushed, why am I smiling like a fool?

Come to think of it. That fan is really something. She’s different.

What am I even thinking? Stop it Jongwoon.

I parked near Mobit and walked to Armoiré. He’s lucky today. They haven’t spotted him yet. It’s not like he doesn’t love his fans. His fans know how to respect his personal space too. It’s just that lately he wants to be alone. Maybe he is getting old. Chuckling to himself, he put his glasses on and entered the closet door.

The café is packed as usual. He waved to Jongjin and went to his favorite spot, the rooftop.

Only this time it’s not empty. A girl in a peach formal dress is sitting alone. She is so focused on the paper she’s holding it is covering her face entirely. He walked to his seat and took out his phone. She didn’t notice me? Is she snubbing me? I’m not arrogant at all but I am used to visitors of the café taking pictures and looking. The girl is not moving at all. Maybe she’s not a fan.

After playing two games, I stood up to get coffee. The girl is still staring at the pape

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter