Eye Dance

One More Day Stranger Kim Jongwoon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Saab is so annoyed. Her client pushed their meeting back again. The jerk knows he wouldn’t be able to say no if he talks to me. Everything depends on this deal. Her life, her future, her freedom. Everything. Pacing back and forth at her suite she tries to think of another strategy.

Why does his face keep on popping in my head?

This won’t do. I usually jog to refresh my thoughts. Would it kill her if she goes for a run at 10 am?

Screw it. I changed to a tracksuit and jogged in the neighborhood. I got to admit, Gwangjin is really a nice place to live in. It’s the epitome of a thriving city, it has Konkuk university, known parks, an array of artistic cafés, luxurious hotels, cozy restaurants. Anybody would fit right in. It is safe as well compared to other cities she went to. She would love to live her. Though, with her skills, Japan would be a greater choice. But I don’t want to think about that yet.

Catching her breath, she stopped for a while. I’ve decided. I will work on the rest of my prospect list. If I can’t get that big deal, I will sign three more. Either way, I will request a vacation leave and tour this city. Win-win.

Satisfied with her decision she went to a run again. Her feet automatically taking her to Hwayang-dong, to Armoiré. What can she do, she loves the aesthetics?

“Annyeong! Welcome back!”, Jongjin greeted her. I was surprised. There are no other customers yet. And that Jongjin recognized her.

“Am I too early? Cappuccino please. No need to give me the buzzer, I guess? I’ll wait here”, I smiled at him. Yesung’s brother is so hard working. He personally made the drink for me. “Here you go. Careful.”

“Gomawo.”, I pointed up the stairs, “Is the rooftop open? Am I really the first customer? Now I’m nervous.”

He looked amused, “Why would you be nervous?”

“Oh. There’s this practice in some businesses. You know like the first customer will determine if your profit for the day will be good or not? If the customer is lucky, more people will buy. If not, you will have a very bad day.”, I paused. “But don’t worry, I’m lucky.”, and gave him a wink. Well guess who is in a good mood? I am.

Jongjin looked taken aback and laughed, “Looks like we will have a bad day then. You’re the second.” Why does he look like he knows something I don’t? Laughing at him I waved and climb the stairs.

The first customer must be on the rooftop, the second floor is empty. I don’t care I’m not staying long anyway. Huffing at the top steps, I let my hair fall from my pony tail. My eyes stopped.

Yesung is looking at me. He has his Harry Potter specs on. It’s too late to back out now. I would eat worms before I look stupid in front of him again. I bowed to him and carefully put my drink on the table.

He looks like he wants to say something. Please don’t.

“Hello?”, he paused and smiled,” You are that ELF.” .

“Yes, Saab’s the name.”, I tried to lighten the mood. Hell, it was awkward. Somebody please save me.

“Did you jog all the way from Riviera?” Why won’t he shut up.

“Yes, I did. It’s a short run.”

We were talking with tables apart. If it isn’t painfully awkward, she would find this funny. I met his gaze. His eyes are glinting. He is enjoying my discomfort, isn’t he? Is this the same Yesung I biased for 8 years? Where did he get this sudden confidence?

I smiled at him again before I sipped on my cappuccino.

“Enjoy your coffee.”, he said at last. Thank heavens. I smiled at him and sipped more. He looked at me and whispered, “Don’t forget to refill.”

I spit my coffee. I was laughing. He looked so serious then he laughed so loud. That broke the ice.

I tipped my cup to him in salute and shook my head.

Jongjin walked into the rooftop at that moment. He was looking at us like we are asylum escapees. I can see Yesung at the corner of my eye still looking at me. Jongjin between the tables, shifting his eyes on our faces, deciding to ignore and gave his brother a questioning look instead.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter