Promises

One More Day Stranger Kim Jongwoon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Fast forward: 5 days after. Saab’s itinerary list is replaced with nothing but endless cuddles and movies with Jongwoon.

 

“Selene, my .” Saab missed her best friend so much. “How’s everything?”

“My life is boring. Let’s talk about yours. How is HE?” Ahh. The endless teasing.

“He is fine? Why do I feel like your question is so suggestive?”

“I didn’t say anything.” She quipped, laughing at the obvious. “How is he I mean, as a boyfriend? Isn’t it difficult for you two to go out? God, I would be so bored.”

“Hmm. He doesn’t have any schedule so far so we are just hanging out in private, here in my room or at the café after hours. He’s a night owl.”

“Wow. Private. Juicy.”

“My God, can you shut up?” Saab laughed. I hate her. “When are you coming to see me? Come on do something.”

“Well actually, I called because of that. I have a three-day vacation! Yey!”

“O-M-G!!!!! Are you actually coming over? Tell me you are.”

“Yes. Later.” She giggled. “Are you for real? Stop ting Selene!”

“No, I’m serious. I’ll be there by 8 pm I guess.” Saab screamed and jumped on her bed. She is so excited to introduce Jongwoon to her best friend. “I’ll pick you up at the airport?”

“ no need, just tell me which hotel you’re staying at.”

“Alright. Omg. See you.”

______

 

“Hyung, is your phone dead?” Jongjin asked.

“Huh? No. I’m charging it. Why?”

“Saab is trying to call.” He whispered. Yesung’s friends are looking at them suspiciously.

“Oh. . Tell her I’ll call.” He said, rushing to get his charging phone from the wall.

“Hello. Is there a problem? I’ll go over there in a bit I’m just hanging out with friends.”

“No, it’s okay. Actually…” Saab seems to be hesitating. “Hmmm. My best friend, Selene, she came to visit for three days and ahm…”

“Oh. Do you want to stay with her for tonight? Should we just meet tomorrow?” Yesung said, trying to keep his voice down. Namo is smiling at him.

“Actually, she wants to go to Armoire. She’s really stubborn and hungry for cake. Selene is very outgoing so she wouldn’t be able to stay still in a room.” Saab laughed. “Is it okay? We’ll just go sit on another table. Don’t worry.”

“Sure. Why not. Why would that be a problem?” He smiled despite his friends looking at him. Saab is hesitant, almost shy, the behavior is so weird for her and he can’t help but find it cute.

______

 

Selene keeps on staring at Yesung, Saab want to pull her hair so much. “ what the ?”

“What? I’m just curious. Hmmm, he looks more ordinary without make up. But yeah, he is good looking. That other dude is more handsome though?”

“Who?” Saab shook her head at her best friend.

“That dude who comes and go.”

“Jongjin?!” Saab couldn’t help but be shocked. Jongjin isn’t the usual type of Selene.

“Oh, nice name.” She smirked.

“That’s his brother.” She whispered. “You crazy .”

Her eyes turned wide in disbelief. “Really? Wow yummy runs in the family.”

Saab spit her drink and laughed like crazy she can feel Yesung glancing at her in amusement.

“Can you stop?” She begged. “Shut up. Isn’t this why you want to see me so bad.” Selene said and winked. She’s right.

They waited until the last customers of the café was gone before they finally joined Yesung and their friends on their table. Surprisingly enough, Yesung introduced her to his friends. It was a fun night and weirdly, her and Yesung keep on glancing at each other, this time not because they miss each other but because they are amused with the way Jongjin and Selene seem to enjoy each other’s company.

“Aren’t they ignoring us too much?” Yesung whispered to her ear. She giggled. The two looks like they want to get out of there and “talk” in private. She didn’t peg Jongjin as the type to but wow, life is indeed full of surprises. “I think they need a room.” She answered to Yesung without thinking. He blushed and combed his hair. Saab laughed at his reaction.

At midnight, Yesung’s friends started scrambling to go home which left them in the company of two flirting adults. Saab felt nothing but cringe as she watches her best friend inch closer to Jongjin while the night deepened. She was about to joke about it when she felt Yesung take her hand.

“How was your day?” He asked. She smiled. She was focused on the real-life chick flick or more appropriately an intro to in front of her she almost forgot her boyfriend. “It was fine, uneventful. You?”

“Same. “Why do you look so tired? Do you want to rest now?”

“I just need sleep.” She yawned. Yesung pulled her to a light embrace. “You should sleep more. Really. It’s not good to sleep always late.”

“But how can I sleep early if I’m dating an insomniac?” Saab pouting, Yesung laughed and pinched her nose. “Why do you always have a retort to everything I say.”

She pushed him teasingly, “Ahm, maybe because not to lose in anything is my job.”

“Ah right. I almost forgot.” She didn’t answer. She doesn’t need to. Yesung put her head on his chest, combing her hair while looking at the night sky. How can a person relax me so much? How can a person make me forget about everything with just his mere presence? She asked herself, her eyes closing automatically.

“Aisshh. What the .” She opened her eyes in shock at Yesung’s sudden outburst.

“Opps. Sorry.” Says her bestfriend. What did she do? Saab just laughed at Yesung’s cringing face and the flirting couple in front of them.

“Hyung, I think Selene needs to sleep early.”

What bull. Selene never sleeps early especially on her vacation days. I think I know what these two are going to do. She chuckled and waved at Selene and Jongjin now preparing to leave “Enjoy your sleep. Don’t forget to put protection on, I mean, drink your vitamins. Its cold?”

Yesung laughed beside her, flustered but waving at his little brother.

“Wow.” She shook her head.

“What?”

“I didn’t think Jongjin is the type to hook up with a girl that fast. I mean… Really. I did not expect that.”

Yesung blushed, unable to say anything. “What? That’s completely normal I just never thought he would be like that. It’s not like it is bad or anything.” She smiled to him. “Aren’t you jealous?”

This time he clearly choked on his own breath. “Saab. Please.”

“Yes please? Or No please?” She said, her face crossing the distance between their faces, Yesung is almost cross eyed. She giggled inside at his discomfort, finding the way his adam’s apple move up and down in nervousness amusing. “I—”

His phone is ringing.

Wow. Saab thought, I thought this only happens in movies. Is it the air in Korea that makes everything so dramatic? If this is in Canada, she would be climbing on his lap already. Or maybe NOT. DEFINITELY NOT.

“Yes hyung. I don’t have schedule tomorrow yes.” She sat back on her chair, giving him space if he needs it. But he inched closer and held her hand instead. Ah, this guy is indeed too sweet for me.

He finished the call smiling at her. “Looks like I need to MC for Teuk hyung. He is sick.”

“Why you?” She blurted out without thinking, about to apologize but he doesn’t look any bit offended so she let her stupidity slide. “I guess everyone’s schedule is packed.” He laughed bitterly. “Pretty sure they won’t call me if there is anyone available. I am quite nervous it is my first time to MC an award show. Thank god Dong Yup sunbaenim is gonna be there. Maybe that’s why they relented to send me there.”

Saab didn’t bother to ask too much, keeping herself in check as well. “I’m sure you will do great. I have to meet my client tomorrow as well. Hmm. I guess you have to sleep early today? You have to prepare, right?”

“Right.” He said, his high spirit dissipating as he realizes he needs to go home. “It’s totally fine. I will be busy tomorrow as well.”

She hates to admit it but she felt the need to go back to her hotel room quick. She stood up and pulled him up to leave.

________

 

“Yesung-ah, are you ready?”

Shin Dong Yup is asking him. The red carpet is done and the show is about to start. He put his phone in silent mode and prepared his cue card. “Yes hyung.”

He got up, flattening his black trousers, brows furrowed, bothered by the fact that Saab’s last m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter