Lull

One More Day Stranger Kim Jongwoon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Are you sure you can manage?” Yesung asked Saab, seeking assurance from her face. Jongjin and Selene is going to hike together. They asked them if they want to tag along. She was concerned for Yesung but Jongjin said it is unlikely for them to be spotted since it’s an off-peak season and a private climb, it will be fine. So, she said yes, while Yesung is worried sick that she just recovered from her fever.

He must not be used to it or maybe he is just a natural worry-wart. She already explained it always happen to her. She gets sick at this particular month and he doesn’t have to worry.

“Do you really want to go? We can still go back.”

She pouted at him. They are already sitting in car on the way to the jump-off point. “I will be fine. Worry for your bones Grandpa.”

He finally laughed and relaxed beside her. “Since you are already back to your usual sassy self. Okay then. ALSO, I AM NOT A GRANDPA.”

Selene laughed aloud at the front seat. “You shouldn’t worry about Saab. She’s like those wild grass in the park, she will survive anywhere.”

“Really? She can’t even walk when she’s hungry.” Yesung joked back.

“Yah!”

“Tell me it isn’t true. When we first talked, I mean properly talked, you ransacked the café for cake because, say it with me, YOU WERE HUNGRY.”

“Say it with me, what? Are you in a concert?!” She rolled her eyes. He just laughed and clasped her hands to his. “Just admit defeat Miss Saab.”

“Fine. But who can last without eating? That’s hell on Earth.”

“Are you seriously asking?” Jongjin quipped. “You are holding his hand right now.”

Damn he is right. Yesung doesn’t eat to maintain his visual.

“It’s an occupational hazard.” He retorted.

“Nah hyung, you just don’t want to go to the gym.”

“I have disc injury you idiot.” He answered, annoyed only to realize he is with Saab. “Ah, sorry. He’s driving me mad.”

“You can curse all you want. It’s not like it’s my first time hearing you. Oh, wait yeah, it is. I only hear *beep beep beep* when you curse on tv.”

Did he forget I am an ELF? Did he actually forget half of the videos on the whole Super Junior cursing series is just him with flying shoes on his mouth?

“Hyung she’s your fan.” Jongjin teased.

“Right. I always forget.” Yesung admitting defeat while laughing. “How can I not forget when she is so intimidating half the time when we are together, I feel like I am with a Company Director.”

“You silly. You are an idol. My talentless should be the one intimated.”

Selene laughed and adjusted on her seat to look at them. “What do you mean you are untalented? You are very talented Saab.”

“Me? With what? Scamming people to sell their business?”

“Nah, other than that.” Selene said, her eyes twinkling in a weird way. Then she realized. She warned her with her eyes. “Shut the up.”

“Wow cursing in English hits harder.” Yesung laughed. “More.”

Saab never laughed as much as she did with that. He is so funny when he doesn’t try.

They spent the rest of the trip just laughing at Selene’s antics and Yesung’s random jokes. It’s almost lunch time when they arrived at the jump-off point. Their guide was waiting for them in sweat.

The climb wasn’t stiff. In fact, it’s a beginner trek. The camp site isn’t very far either but nonetheless a sight to behold. The camp site is right next to a cold river with a flag and bonfire area uphill. The trees create a canopy around the site just right enough for privacy. Jongjin knows what he was doing when he booked the spot. No wonder Yesung never travels without him. She gets it now.

The brothers pinched the tent while she and Selene went to the uphill clearing to check the view.

“Wow.” Selene screamed. “I suddenly miss my hometown.”

She must be talking about Sagada. Selene is a Filipina and always talk about the Philippines; like Saab’s mom bu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter