Stone Wall

One More Day Stranger Kim Jongwoon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Why are you smiling like that?” Yesung fixed Saab’s robe. They just finished their breakfast and her are peeking he felt hot. He still hasn’t recovered from last night. Why is he doing three rounds of at his age? He must be nuts.

“We are going out today.” She winked. She is really scaring him. The way her mood changes so quickly. She might think he doesn’t notice but he does. Yesung felt like he knows her then the next minute she felt like a stranger; distant and aloof. Maybe he is just paranoid because right now she is smiling so brightly, teasing him like the first week they met.

“We are?” He said, acting surprised.

“Yeah. I prepared your outfit.”

“What outfit?” Is this why she said not to bother putting clothes on after the shower?

She got up and took a paper bag from the closet.

This seems familiar? He laughed. “Don’t tell me that’s a high school uniform again?”

“No.” She said, wagging her finger at him. “Try again Mister.”

He snatched the paper bag from her to look. He ended up laughing so hard at what he’s seen.

“What is this—” He can’t breathe from laughing. It’s not a high school uniform. It’s a kwajam, a baseball varsity tracksuit. “Michyeosseo. Don’t tell me we are going out wearing helmets again.”

“OMG! How did you know?” She laughed and hugged him tight. He hugged her back; wondering why his heart is beating so fast.

“Let’s go out again. Please?”

“Okay.” He took out the tracksuit and helped her into it.

He will do anything for her.

Anything.

______

 

Yesung watched Saab run on the street like a child. He felt exhausted but happy. They spent the whole day walking in the neighborhood; eating street foods like a local. She even insisted on buying matching shirts on thrift stores.

She is acting like a kid. Now she is tracing steps on the sidewalk.

“Be careful.” He screamed at her. She just laughed. “Come here Saab please. Can we sit?”

“No, let’s walk more.”

This woman, jinja.

He complained to himself but he ran to her and took her hand, clasping them together tight.

They walked for a few minutes. His feet matching hers; letting her take him wherever she wants to go. The night has become increasingly quiet; only the footsteps of people hurrying to get home for dinner disturbed it. He wanted to remove his helmet. Just like the first time, he wanted to see Saab’s face framed by the beautiful moonlight. But he can’t.

“Wait.” He pulled Saab gently to a stop. She obeyed; eyes focused at the falling leaves above them. “Are you repeating our first date? Why are we here again?”

“Jongwoon—”

“I told you, didn’t I? Did you forget? This road is cursed. Couples who walk here usually—”

He stopped. His heart felt constricted. No.

“Jongwoon.” She looked at him at last. “I need to leave.”

“Ah. When is your flight? I knew something was bothering you. You could just tell me. I will drive you to the airport. I know you have a job to do. Really, its okay. We have internet. I can go visit you anytime. You can go back here as much as you want—”

“Yesung.”

He wanted to rip her helmet off. He wanted to see her face. “I need to leave at 10 pm. I don’t have time.”

“Okay. You should have told me. Let’s go back to the car.”

“Yesung.”

“Stop calling me Yesung. Its Jongwoon for you. Kim Jongwoon.”

“You don’t have to drive me to the airport.”

“Why wouldn’t I? You’re my girlfriend.” He almost screamed. The frustration he felt; no, this is not happening.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter