02;

Of Blood and Desire

Yoongi groaned as he brushed the leaves from his clothes. “Stupid rock,” he grumbled and glanced at his elbow as it stung. He wiped the blood from his elbow on his shirt and whined softly. “Aish…”

He picked up the bucket he dropped when he tripped and made his way through the trees to the river. He saw the river just ahead and started into a jog until he saw a dark lump by the riverbank. He slowed in his steps and walked over cautiously. He thought it was an animal at first until he got closer to notice that it was a person.

Yoongi approached cautiously. They were in a secluded part of the forest, there was no way it would be a person, would it? “Hey…uh, you okay?” He moved over to the motionless body and gently poked it with his foot. “Hey…”

No response.

Upon further investigation, Yoongi quickly recognized the person as Jungkook, the son of, as his dad would say, ‘that bastard vampire slayer.’ Yoongi’s dad constantly reminded him to avoid contact with vampire slayers but more importantly Jungkook and his twin sister, Jiwoo. Yoongi stood, moving over to the river and filled up his bucket with water. He turned to walk away but looked back at Jungkook. He didn’t want to just leave him there.

“God, I hope I don’t regret this…” He set his bucket down on a tree stump and pulled Jungkook onto his back. Yoongi groaned. “Aish...This kid is heavier than I thought,” he grumbled. He picked up his bucket and held onto Jungkook as best he could with one arm and brought him to his dad’s cabin.

“Oh man, if my dad were here, he would kill me seeing me with you,” said Yoongi as if Jungkook could hear him. He set Jungkook down on his bed and sighed. He set the bucket down on the floor and pulled up a chair to sit down. He pulled a bandage from the nightstand and set it on the cut on his elbow and glanced at Jungkook as he stirred a bit in his sleep.

He sat quietly staring at Jungkook’s sleeping face, examining his features. He looked so serene in his sleep save for the frown on his brow and the dirt on his face. Yoongi pulled out a cloth from the bedside table and placed it into the bucket to wet it. He gently wiped the dirt and sweat from Jungkook’s forehead and face careful not to wake him up.

Jungkook twitched slightly in his sleep but didn’t wake. The frown on his brow tightened as he groaned out loudly, his mouth hanging open as he unconsciously gripped his stomach in obvious pain. Yoongi’s eyes widened when he noticed the fangs in Jungkook’s mouth.

“He...He’s a vampire?” He quickly stood from his chair and made his way to his dad’s study, grabbing a bag of blood from the refrigerator. He transferred some of it into a cup, cringing at the smell and went back to the room. He bent close to Jungkook’s side as he tried to tip the cup slowly by the other’s mouth. Right before the blood made contact with Jungkook’s lip, his head turned away. Yoongi tried again but got the same result.

Yoongi set the cup down and placed his hand on Jungkook’s shoulder. He didn’t have a choice but to wake him up. “Hey,” he called out as he shook Jungkook gently. He didn’t get a response and began to shake the other harder.

“Hey,” he said a little louder.

Finally, Jungkook groaned softly as he opened his eyes slowly. He raised a hand up and rubbed his forehead. His vision blurred as he looked up at the ceiling. When his vision finally focused, he frowned and slowly sat up on the bed and clutched his stomach in pain. He was in an unknown room and had no idea how he got there. The last thing he remembered was fainting on the forest floor.

“You’re finally awake,” Yoongi said obviously startling Jungkook who jumped in surprise. His eyes were wide as he looked at Yoongi.

“Who are you?”

Yoongi stared at Jungkook’s eyes and bit his bottom lip nervously. He picked up the cup and held it out to Jungkook. “Drink.”

Jungkook grimaced and pushed the cup away from him. “No way.”

“Drink it. You need it. Your eye—”

“What? What about my eye?”

Yoongi pulled a small handheld mirror from the nightstand drawer and held it out carefully. “Here…”

Jungkook looked confused at first until he looked into the mirror at his reflection. Panic started to rise up in his system as he noticed his left eye colored black with a bright red iris like it was when he was a rogue vampire. “Wh-What, but...I thought that was over. Why is it…”

“Have you ever drank blood before?”

“No, I haven’t… Why? Is that why my eye is like this?”

Yoongi sighed. “I think because you’re refusing your body blood, it thinks that bringing back the rogue vampire is the only way it’ll have blood. So, you have to drink.” He held the cup out again. “If you don’t drink, you’ll become a rogue vampire again.”

Jungkook swallowed as he stared at the cup. “But… I heard stories of vampires dying because they refused to drink blood. Why isn’t that happening to me?”

“You would rather die?”

“To be honest, yes. I shouldn’t even be alive. I’ve been told that I shouldn’t have survived longer than when I turned into a rogue vampire. I shouldn’t even be here.”

“Isn’t that more reason for you to live?” Yoongi tilted his head. “I know how it feels to not want to live. I shouldn’t be alive either and yet, here I am. A living, breathing abomination.” Yoongi folded his hands into his lap still holding onto the cup. “Don’t you have a reason to live back at home?”

“I guess. I mean, I have my sister and my friends,” said Jungkook.

“How about a girlfriend?” Jungkook shook his head. “No? Boyfriend, maybe?” Yoongi noticed a slight pink hue on Jungkook’s cheeks when he shook his head. “Well, that’s fine, family and friends are important, if not more important than a lover anyway.”

Jungkook bowed his head and sighed heavily.

“So, you have a choice, drink this or become a rogue vampire again and break your sister’s heart and your friend's hearts if they have to kill you.” Yoongi held out the cup again.

Jungkook grimaced but took the cup. He sniffed it first and quickly shoved it back into Yoongi’s hand. “Oh god, no, I can’t. The smell makes me want to throw up.”

Yoongi rolled his eyes. “Just drink it. You don’t have much of a choice here.”

Jungkook shook his head and looked in Yoongi’s direction and noticed the bandage on his elbow. “Did you hurt yourself?”

Yoongi put a hand on the bandage to hide it. “Uh, yeah. I tripped in the woods getting this bucket of water…”

“So, that was your blood I smelled before I fainted…”

Yoongi cleared his throat and pushed the cup into Jungkook’s hands. “Come on. Drink.”

Jungkook sighed and brought the cup up to his lips to drink. The smell of the blood filled his nostrils and almost made him gag but he held it back and took a small sip. For a moment, it was okay but the blood came right back up and Jungkook threw it up right over the side of the bed into the bucket on the floor. Yoongi grimaced.

“I was going to use the water in that bucket, you know.”

Jungkook quickly set the cup on the nightstand and wiped his mouth with the back of his hand. “Sorry…”

Yoongi bit his bottom lip nervously. “So… normal blood won’t help you then, will it?”

“I guess not. But what other type of blood is there? I’m not drinking animal blood.”

“There’s… another type. But I know vampire’s don’t drink live blood anymore so I don’t know how you would feel about drinking my blood.”

Jungkook rose an eyebrow. “Your blood? Is it special?”

“In a way.”

Jungkook sighed. “Well, it’s either drink your blood or become a monster again, right?”

“Right.” Yoongi got up and sat on the bed next to Jungkook. “And I promise you won’t get the weird blood sire thing that vampires usually get if you drink from me.”

“How do you know?”

“I just know.”

Jungkook sat up, moving closer to Yoongi. “Can I know your name first?”

“It’s Yoongi,” he said as he turned to Jungkook.

“I’m Jungkook. Though, I’m sure you know that already.” Jungkook sighed as he examined the other’s neck. “So, how do I do this without hurting you?”

“I can handle it. Don’t worry.” Yoongi pulled back the collar of his shirt and tilted his head to present his neck. Jungkook swallowed. He could hear the blood pumping through Yoongi’s veins and it almost drove him crazy. He bit his bottom lip as he stared at Yoongi’s unmarked neck and felt a strange urge to want to mark it all over.

Jungkook leaned forward and placed his hands gently at Yoongi’s hips. He held onto him ever so gently almost like he was scared to break him and slowly sank his fangs into Yoongi’s neck. He felt Yoongi tense a little but the other relaxed quickly. Yoongi mewled softly as Jungkook drank from him.

Jungkook didn’t know why but the small noises Yoongi made got him excited and paired with the warmth from the other and the sweet taste of his blood, he couldn’t help but feel something strange happening in his body. Jungkook pulled off of Yoongi’s neck when he felt he drank enough and without even realizing it, he pulled the other closer by the waist and delicately the excess blood that spilled over from his feeding and began to pepper kisses along the curve of his neck. He gently on small patches of skin as if he were set on marking Yoongi as his own property. Yoongi’s soft mewl snapped Jungkook back to reality and he quickly pulled away.

“Uh… sorry, I don’t know what came over me,” Jungkook panicked.

Yoongi shook his head, his cheeks colored a soft pink. “It’s okay. How do you feel? Your eye is back to normal again.”

Jungkook grabbed the mirror again and checked his reflection. “Ah, so I really did need blood. I feel great… Thanks.”

Yoongi nodded and stood up off the bed. “Good, so, I’ll leave you to rest. And I’ll be just outside if you need me.” He grabbed the cup from the nightstand, as well as the bucket from the floor and left the room without another word.

Jungkook groaned and smacked his forehead with his hand. “What the hell was I thinking doing that to him? Oh my god…”

 

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

 

Taehyung grunted as Jimin whacked him in the back with a wooden sword. He held his back in pain and glared at Jimin. “That hurt, you know.”

Jimin shrugged. “No pain, no gain. Besides, it’s payback for yesterday.”

“Payback? What did I do?”

“You left me hanging. I would rather get hit by a sword than left hanging like that.”

Taehyung clicked his tongue in annoyance. “Yeah? Then turn around and let me hit you.” He held up his sword like he was about to his Jimin only for the other to laugh and block quickly.

“Only if you can beat me this once.”

Taehyung growled softly. “Geez. You’re so…”

“What? Handsome?” Jimin grinned wide and moved to push Taehyung back with his shoulder but Taehyung was quick to move out of the way and tripped Jimin with his foot. Jimin stumbled and almost fell over but Taehyung caught his arm in time.

“I was going to say cocky.” Taehyung grinned and let Jimin’s arm go for the other to fall on the ground with a thud. “Looks like I win.”

Jimin let out a breath of annoyance as he stood up and brushed the grass from his clothes. “Where did you learn that?”

“I see you forgot that Jungkook trained me extra yesterday.”

“Oh, right. Speaking of Jungkook,” said Jimin as he checked the time on his phone. “Where is he? It’s almost noon.”

“He should’ve been here by now,” Taehyung said. “Isn’t your dorm on the same floor as his?”

“Yeah, but I didn’t leave the dorm last night thanks to you.”

Taehyung grinned innocently. “Hm, Hoseok hyung is your roommate right?”

Hoseok twitched hearing his name and tried to hide behind a training post but it was too short and Taehyung had already seen him.

“Hoseok hyung,” he called, “did you happen to see Jungkook last night? Don’t you take walks at night?”

Hoseok bit his bottom lip nervously and pretended to think. “Uh, no, I didn’t see him.”

“Should I go tell Jiwoo?”

“No!” Hoseok shouted scaring Taehyung and Jimin a bit at his sudden outburst. “No, I… I’m sure he’s just around headquarters. Let’s all go look for him.”

Taehyung frowned. “Sure.”

Hoseok smiled nervously and turned his back as the two younger males followed behind him. They looked everywhere including the nursing stations and the bathrooms and even parts of the forest directly behind headquarters. As they made their way to Jungkook’s dorm, Hoseok felt guilt start to knot in his stomach.

He really wanted to tell them. He didn’t want to lie to them, but he had to keep it a secret. Jungkook asked him not to tell anyone and Hoseok wasn’t about to break another promise he made. Jimin knocked first before turning the doorknob.

“Jungkook?” He peeked his head in and frowned. “He’s not here. Let me call his phone.”

Jimin pulled his phone from his pocket and dialed Jungkook’s number. When the call went through, the sound of Jungkook’s ringtone went off from inside the room. Jimin spotted the phone on the armrest of the couch and ended the call.

Jimin closed the door and sighed. “Where is he if he’s not here or anywhere in headquarters?”

“What if he ran away?” Taehyung asked.

“He wouldn’t do that.”

Hoseok was silently hitting his head against the wall as the guilt in his stomach started to overflow. He wanted to tell, but he couldn’t.

Taehyung glanced at Hoseok and rose an eyebrow. “Hyung? Are you okay?”

Hoseok looked at him and smiled. “Yeah, just fine. And you know, I’m sure Jungkook will be back. Maybe he just went for a walk. That’s all. Nothing to worry about. He’ll be back in no time.” Hoseok sounded nervous as he spoke. “Anyway, let’s not worry about him right now. You have to train more, so come on.”

He his heel and quickly made his way down the hall with Taehyung and Jimin following behind him. When Hoseok turned the corner to head down the stairs, Jimin stopped Taehyung.

“Do you really think we shouldn’t worry? This is the first time Jungkook’s disappeared like this. Should we tell Jiwoo?”

Taehyung shook his head. “No, I don’t think we should. It might cause an uproar in headquarters. We just have to trust him, I guess.”

“I guess you’re right.” Jimin sighed. “Hoseok hyung was acting a bit strange, don’t you think? He definitely knows something.”

“Yeah, but I’m sure he would tell us if it were a concern, right?”

Jimin nodded. “Right. He would. Definitely.”