14;

Of Blood and Desire

Yoongi hung at the back of the group as they quietly and cautiously walked through the corridors of the jail. He looked around nervously knowing his uncle could be anywhere. They were approaching the entrance of the jail when Yoongi paused to look around.

Hoseok glanced back at Yoongi. “What’s wrong?”

Yoongi frowned into the darkness of the jail and swore he saw something move in the shadows. “Run,” he said and they all bolted for the door. Jimin was the first out followed by Lucas who was still carrying a sleeping Jungwoo. Jungkook and Hoseok both reached the door at the same time only to be bounced back from an invisible forcefield blocking their way. Yoongi swore under his breath and his heel to see his uncle sitting on a chair as if he were waiting for them.

“What a pity you’re alive again, Yoongi,” Taewoo said with annoyance. His fingers toyed with a tarnished broken piece of silver as he spoke. “I would’ve liked it if you stayed dead like your dad, but at least this means I can kill you again and make you suffer for sure this time.”

In a flash, Taewoo had thrown the chair at Yoongi who just barely managed to dodge it. It made contact with the wall and burst into hundreds of pieces. Before Yoongi could react, Taewoo was already in front of him and landed a hard punch into Yoongi’s stomach sending him flying back. Jungkook and Hoseok both started forward to help but Taewoo raised a forcefield up to hold them back. Jungkook growled between his teeth and punched the forcefield.

Taewoo snickered. “You two are next. I want you two to watch as I kill him.”

Yoongi groaned as he slowly rose to his feet. He clutched his stomach in pain and looked at Jungkook and Hoseok. Hoseok had his gaze on Yoongi worriedly and Jungkook had a dark glare locked on Taewoo. Yoongi spat blood out of his mouth and charged toward Taewoo. Taewoo let out a long sigh and lazily raised a hand to swiftly block Yoongi’s punch. He ducked below a kick and lifted Yoongi into the air and threw him against the ground. Yoongi coughed as the wind was knocked out of him and groaned as he lay on the ground helplessly gasping for air.

Taewoo leaned over him and picked him up by his hair and flung him at the forcefield blocking Jungkook and Hoseok. Taewoo smirked when Yoongi slumped to the ground. He walked over and pulled him up to his feet.

“What’s wrong? Are you already at your limit?” Taewoo asked darkly, his eyes staying on Jungkook and Hoseok to watch their reactions. “Too bad. I’m not done yet.”

He placed his hand on the back of Yoongi’s head and slammed his head against the forcefield hard. Hoseok flinched and watched in horror as Jungkook desperately tried to push past the forcefield. Taewoo smirked and yanked Yoongi back again. “This is where you die.”

He pushed Yoongi’s head again to slam it against the forcefield but Yoongi’s hand raised up and hit the forcefield instead. Taewoo frowned and tried to jerk Yoongi’s head forward but he wouldn’t budge. Hoseok frowned and looked at Yoongi confused. His head was bowed down and his face bloodied.

“Yoongi? Are you okay?” Hoseok asked.

Slowly, Yoongi’s head raised. Both Hoseok and Jungkook gasped audibly and took steps back. Yoongi’s eyes were blazing a bright, iridescent red, a red they had never seen before on a vampire. The whites of his eyes slowly hazed over with a deep, dark black making the red appear brighter.

“Yoongi hyung?” Jungkook muttered softly.

In the blink of an eye, Yoongi was gone from in front of them and appeared behind Taewoo. Taewoo didn’t have time to react when Yoongi took hold of his head and started to repeatedly bang Taewoo’s head against the forcefield so hard that cracks were starting to form.

“How does it feel, huh?” Yoongi asked, his voice sounding dark and sinister. He pulled Taewoo back and threw him across the room. Taewoo rolled across the floor and groaned.

“H-How?” He slowly sat up and wiped the blood from his brow. He tried to stand as quick as he could but Yoongi was already next to him.

Ignoring his question, Yoongi tilted his head and placed a foot against Taewoo’s shin. “Now, I’m going to make you suffer.” He brought his foot down on Taewoo’s leg easily snapping the bone. Taewoo howled in pain but Yoongi wasted no time in breaking the other leg.

Taewoo’s screams echoed through the empty jail as he clutched his legs. Yoongi smirked. “So much for becoming the most powerful vampire with no weaknesses, huh? Even a normal vampire wouldn’t be able to recover from two broken legs so easily.”

“ you,” Taewoo spat. “I won’t die from this anyway. You can’t kill me.”

Yoongi chuckled darkly. “Are you sure about that, uncle? Sure, maybe you can walk out into the sun without a problem and maybe silver won’t affect you, but you didn’t think of one thing.”

“What’s that?” Taewoo watched as Yoongi made his way over to the pile of broken wood on the ground. He picked up the biggest one and flipped it to the pointed end.

“Take a guess.”

Taewoo’s eyes widened as Yoongi stepped toward him. “You… Do you really think that will kill me?”

Yoongi kicked Taewoo onto the ground and leaned over him. “Everyone can be killed by a wooden stake to the heart. Humans, vampires… and even you.” He pressed the sharp end of the stake to Taewoo’s chest earning himself a soft groan from the other. “Any last words?”

Taewoo smirked shakily. “I’ll be seeing you in hell.”

Yoongi’s lip twitched and he plunged the stake deep into Taewoo’s chest. Taewoo choked out a groan before his body exploded into dust and his forcefields were lifted away.

Yoongi let out a long breath and stumbled back. Hoseok was quick to catch him before he fell. “Are you okay?” Hoseok asked as he checked Yoongi for cuts and bruises. He wiped the blood from Yoongi’s face and was surprised to find no wounds present anywhere on his body.

“Yeah, I’m fine. Just a little light-headed,” Yoongi replied. He looked up at Hoseok and gave him a small smile.

“Ah, your eyes are back to normal,” Hoseok observed.

“What do you mean?” Yoongi asked.

Hoseok and Jungkook exchanged looks and slowly explained to Yoongi what they saw.

Yoongi frowned. “Are you two sure you saw right?” They both nodded. “There’s no way.”

“We saw what we saw,” said Jungkook. “It happened.”

“Weird,” said Yoongi. “Anyway, can we get out of this place? I hate it in here.”

 

As they walked back to headquarters, they ran into Jimin who had gone back looking for them. “Is it done? Is he dead?” Jimin asked.

Yoongi nodded. “Yeah. He’s dead.”

“Thank goodness.” Jimin let out a sigh of relief. “We reunited Lucas and Jungwoo with their friends. They seem happy.”

“That’s good,” said Hoseok as he looked to see them all huddled together in a tight hug.

“Oh, and Taehyung went to get Jaebum hyung and Jiwoo if that’s okay,” said Jimin.

Yoongi chuckled. “Jaebum is going to be surprised to find out I’m a vampire now.”

“Why?”

“He always asked me if he could change me but I always refused. Told him I preferred to be human.” Yoongi shrugged. “He might be jealous he wasn’t the one to change me.”

Jimin raised an eyebrow. “Why would he be?”

Yoongi glanced at Jimin. “I forgot that you don’t know… I used to date Jaebum back in the day.”

Jimin’s eyes widened. “What? Really?”

“You can ask him about it later if you want,” Yoongi said as Jaebum walked up to them with Jiwoo and Taehyung following.

“What happened? Are you all okay?” Jaebum asked. “How’d you all get back?”

“It’s done with, that’s all you have to know,” said Yoongi. “Oh, also that I’m a vampire now because of what happened.”

“What? Why?”

“It’s a long story.”

“Who changed you?”

“Jungkook did.”

Jaebum fixed his gaze on Jungkook. “He did? But how does he know how to change someone? He barely knows anything about vampires.”

“Hey, I’m not stupid, you know,” Jungkook shot.

“I told him,” said Jimin. “I read it in one of those notebooks in your room.”

Jaebum paused and glanced at Yoongi. “You’re okay with being a vampire?”

“I mean, it’s either that or be dead and dead sounds boring,” Yoongi replied with a shrug.

“I’m a little upset that I didn’t get the chance to change you, but…”

“Can someone please explain to me what’s going on?” Jiwoo interrupted.

“I can,” said Lucas as he stepped up. “Um, first, I want to apologize on behalf of both me and Jungwoo. We weren’t completely honest with you guys. Uh…” Jungwoo stepped up next to Lucas and grasped his hand. He smiled softly. “Um, Jungwoo and I were being threatened to do horrible things. This man was killing our friends if we didn’t do his bidding and this is all we have left.” Ten stepped forward with Jisung, Chenle, and Haechan.

“So…” Lucas glanced at Jungwoo and they both slowly got down on their knees. “Please forgive us for lying and the horrible things we’ve done. We promise we did want to become slayers, and we still do…”

Jiwoo looked at Jungkook who shrugged. “We forgive you but there will be punishments since you’ve endangered many lives, even if it wasn’t on purpose.”

“We’ll do anything it takes to make it up to you guys,” Jungwoo said.

“And what about your friends here?”

“We’re all hoping to stay here,” Ten spoke up. “We don’t have anywhere else to go and it’s safer here for us and the young ones.”

Jiwoo scanned the group of them slowly and nodded. “Alright then. You can all stay.”

Lucas and Jungwoo both grinned and stood back up onto their feet. “Thank you for giving us another chance,” said Jungwoo. “We promise to make it up to all of you.”

“There’s something else that happened back there that I think you should know about,” Yoongi said as he turned to Jaebum. He opened his mouth to continue but both Jungkook and Hoseok quickly covered his mouth to stop him.

Jaebum frowned. “What? What’s wrong?”

“Nothing. Uh, just that we should probably break that building down,” Jungkook replied.

Hoseok nodded quickly. “Right. Many really bad things happened in there and since we don’t use it anymore, we should probably get rid of it.”

Jaebum blinked. “Uh, okay. What do you think, Jiwoo?”

Jiwoo shrugged. “Yeah, we probably should.”

Hoseok grinned and hooked his arm with Yoongi’s. “Great then. Anyway, we’re going to go rest.”

“But I have to tell him about—”

“Nope, no need. There’s nothing else to tell him about,” said Jungkook as he hooked his arm with Yoongi’s other arm. “Let’s go.”

Yoongi frowned and exchanged a confused look with Jaebum before being dragged away. “What was that about? Why don’t you want to tell him?”

“I don’t want him involved in anything else that involves you,” said Jungkook.

Yoongi snorted. “What’s that supposed to mean? Don’t tell me you two are jealous.”

Jungkook stayed quiet as Hoseok hummed softly.

“Mm, just a little. Besides, we can see the way he looks at you. And if we tell him about what happened in there, he’ll want to study you and be around you more. We can’t have that happening.”

Yoongi shook his head. “Oh my god. You two are jealous.”

“Also, we know it’s hard for you to be around him because of everything that happened between you two. I don’t want you to be upset,” said Jungkook.

Yoongi exhaled deeply. “Aigoo. Is this really what I’m going to have to deal with now? You two being jealous and overprotective?”

Jungkook and Hoseok looked at each other and nodded firmly. “Of course.”

“Geez,” Yoongi grumbled.