09;

Of Blood and Desire

Jungkook walked into the bathroom to find Hoseok at one of the sinks, washing his hands. He made a quick glance to make sure they were the only ones in the bathroom and cleared his throat to gain his hyung’s attention.

Hoseok dried off his hands and looked at Jungkook. “Yes?”

“Um, I, uh…” Jungkook cleared his throat again awkwardly. “I know what you and Yoongi hyung did last night.”

“Okay?”

“He smelled like your shampoo.”

Hoseok blinked and raised an eyebrow. “Look, if you’re not going to tell me what you want, I have to get back to Taehyung. He has a bruised pride I have to tend to since he didn’t manage to push Yoongi back at all.”

He turned to walk out but Jungkook caught his wrist.

“No, wait… It’s just… I… I need help.”

Hoseok frowned. “With what?”

“I just...know that he liked better with you and… I need tips…”

Hoseok chuckled. “Why would I tell you? If I stay better than you, he’ll come back to me for it.”

“B-Because we’re friends,” Jungkook muttered shyly as a dark blush spread over his cheeks. “So...please?”

Hoseok sighed. He knew he couldn’t say no to Jungkook, especially not when he looked at him with his shining doe eyes. He rolled his eyes and pulled Jungkook into a bathroom stall and locked the door. “I’ll give you these tips, and even if I didn’t figure it out for Yoongi, it’s still useful for improvements.” He turned to look at Jungkook, his eyes flashing a soft red. “First off, Jungkook, you have to stimulate more than one place at a time. Second, you need to find their sensitive points. And third,” he said, setting a deep gaze on Jungkook making the other flinch slightly, “you have to find out their kinks.”

Hoseok pushed Jungkook against the wall and began to pepper kisses along the line of Jungkook’s neck as his hands slowly but surely hiked their way up and under the other’s shirt. Jungkook’s breath hitched at the sensation and immediately flushed a bright pink. He felt his knees wanting to give out as Hoseok began to nip softly on his ear lobe. He let out a soft mewl and shivered as Hoseok gently bit on his ear and his hands began to play with his s.

Hoseok smirked against Jungkook’s skin. “I see you still have the same sensitive spots, baby boy.”

Jungkook twitched slightly at the nickname and blushed. His cheeks now burning. “D-Don’t call me that… I… I’m not a baby anymore…”

Hoseok chuckled low in Jungkook’s ear sending a shiver down the latter’s spine. “No, but you’ll always be my baby boy. Isn’t that right?”

Jungkook let out a soft gasp as Hoseok pressed his leg against his crotch and threw his head back against the stall wall. Hoseok smirked and nipped softly on Jungkook’s neck, leaving back a light pink bite mark.

He a stripe up Jungkook’s neck to his ear and whispered huskily, “Remember these tips next time, okay?”

Hoseok pulled away from Jungkook and said nothing else as he left the bathroom. Jungkook let out a breath and looked down at the tent that formed in his pants. He swore under his breath and shut the bathroom stall door.

“Screw him…” he muttered.

 

Later that night, Jungkook was sitting at the dinner table with Taehyung. He stared over at the table next to theirs that Yoongi and Hoseok were sitting at and laughing and feeding each other. Jungkook poked his cheek with his tongue in annoyance.  

“Look at them being all cute and ,” he said.

Taehyung peeked over to their table and blinked. “Are they dating? Since when?”

“What? No, of course not. Why would they be dating? They’ve only hooked up once. They’re just… hanging out tonight and then… going to go watch the stars…”

Taehyung looked at Jungkook and chuckled. “You sound jealous.”

“I am not!” Jungkook crossed his arms and puffed his cheeks. “I don’t care if they go on a date…”

“Sure you don’t,” Taehyung said nudging his side. “But which one are you jealous of? Yoongi hyung or Hoseok hyung? You like them both don’t you?”

Jungkook huffed. “I’m not sure anymore… I don’t like either of them for leaving me out.”

Taehyung laughed. “Aigoo, you silly boy.” He ruffled Jungkook’s hair playfully as he stood up. “Now if you don’t mind, I have to go.”

“Go where? You can’t leave me here by myself.”

“I have to go tend to Jimin. He’s not coping well with the video and the pictures of you and Yoongi hyung.”

“Why not?”

Taehyung chuckled. “It’s not your business anymore so don’t worry about it, okay?”

He tapped Jungkook’s shoulder once before walking off. Jungkook let out a huff and looked over at Yoongi and Hoseok who were now whispering to each other. Oh, what he would give to know what they were telling each other. Or even to be going on that date with the both of them.

 

Taehyung sighed as he stood outside Hoseok and Jimin’s dorm room. He knew he had to go in but he couldn’t bring himself to it. He looked over to see Lucas and Jungwoo walking down the hall to their dorm. Jungwoo gave him a small wave before they disappeared into their dorm. He let out another sigh and walked into the dorm as quiet as he could.

He heard Jimin’s soft sobs from under the covers of his bed and felt his heart clench. He didn’t want Jimin to be sad. He walked over to his bed and placed a hand on Jimin’s shoulder to which the other twitched.

“G-Go away, Hoseok hyung…” Jimin’s voice sounded hoarse as if he had been crying for almost the whole day.

Taehyung bit his bottom lip and yanked the blanket off of Jimin. The other got startled and started to yell but he stopped himself when he realized it was Taehyung in the room with him. Hoseok was nowhere in sight. It was only him and Taehyung.

Jimin sniffled and quickly wiped the tears from his cheeks. “W-What do you want?”

“I’m here to comfort you.”

Jimin huffed. “I don’t need comfort… Leave me here to drown in my sorrow.”

“No, you need comfort. This is ridiculous. You’ve been crying over this for the whole day. And for what? You know that Jungkook didn’t have the same feelings like you have for him,” Taehyung said.

Jimin pouted. “I know…”

“So what the hell? Why are you acting like this?”

“B-Because… I feel like it… Now, leave me alone…” Jimin sniffled and tried to pull the blanket back over his head but Taehyung caught his hand and threw the blanket back down again.

“I’m not taking that as an answer. Give me an actual reason and I’ll leave you alone.”

Jimin bit his bottom lip and shook his head. “I just watched a video of someone I fell in love with making out with someone else. What else am I supposed to do? Do you even know what it’s like? To see someone you love so hopelessly make out with someone else?”

Taehyung sighed. “No. But I know what it’s like to be in love with an idiot who’s hopelessly in love with someone else.”

Jimin frowned and looked up at Taehyung. “What do you mean?”

“I mean, I like you, you dummy. God, you’re so stupid, aren’t you?”

“What? But...don’t you like Jungkook?” Jimin asked, looking up at Taehyung.

“No,” Taehyung replied. “It’s always been you. You’re the one who assumed I liked Jungkook.”

“B-But… I… I can hear your heart beat faster whenever you’re with Jungkook...”

“My heart only acts like that for you. You hear it like that whenever both of us are with Jungkook, right?” Taehyung scoffed lightly. “Literally, after everything we did that night, and how I told you that my heartbeat is yours, you really still ing thought that I liked Jungkook? I’m a little offended.”

Jimin blushed and said nothing. Taehyung let out a long sigh and tilted Jimin’s chin to make him look up at him.

“I should punish you for thinking that, but I won’t. You tortured yourself enough today,” said Taehyung as he glanced at Jimin’s phone which had the video of Jungkook and Yoongi paused on the screen. “Let me help you forget about all of this. And after all of it, I want you to look at me and only think of me. No more thinking about Jungkook. Got it?”

Jimin stayed silent and nodded. Taehyung took his hand and locked their fingers together. He pulled him out of the room, leading him down to his own dorm room.

 

Yoongi smiled looking at his and Hoseok’s intertwined fingers as he followed the other through headquarters to a spot just outside the back forest. There was a blanket laid out under a tree that Hoseok had set up beforehand. He helped Yoongi to sit down on it and took the place next to him and smiled.

Yoongi looked up at the sky and frowned. “It’s cloudy. We’re not going to be able to see any stars tonight.”

Hoseok hummed and looked up at the clouds in thought. “These nights are my favorite to see stars. The night sky is always better after it rains.”

Yoongi blinked and looked over at Hoseok. “So we’re going to sit here in the rain and get wet?”

Hoseok shook his head. “No.”

“But you didn’t bring an umbrella.”

“I know.”

Yoongi frowned as he stared Hoseok down. “You’re strange…”

Hoseok smiled. “I know.”

Yoongi chuckled. “Geez.”

Hoseok hummed and laid down on the blanket and pat the area next to him. “Lay with me.”

Yoongi lay next to him and Hoseok pulled him in against his side. Yoongi smiled and cuddled against the other’s side and wrapped an arm around him. They both laid in silence as they watched the clouds roll by. Hoseok lifted a hand up and waved it above the both of them.

Yoongi frowned. “What was that?”

Hoseok grinned. “You’ll see.”

Yoongi rose an eyebrow and looked up to see raindrops starting to fall from the sky. He braced to be hit with the water droplets but nothing happened. He looked up and noticed the drops were bouncing off of an invisible barrier above them. He watched in amazement and looked up at Hoseok.

“Did you do that?”

Hoseok grinned and nodded. “Yeah. That’s my vampire power. I’m a shield.”

Yoongi reached up and chuckled softly when his hand came in contact with the shield above him and Hoseok. “Wow. That’s so cool. Is this why I always feel so safe around you?”

Hoseok nodded. “Yeah, it is. I don’t know why but my protective instincts like to kick in around you and I can’t help but want to put a shield around you.”

“Thanks, but I can take care of myself.”

“I know you can. There’s just something about you.”

Yoongi smiled. “Yeah? That kind of makes me feel glad. No one has ever told me they’ve wanted to protect me before. My dad always pushed me to learn to protect myself. Lucky for that I could get out of bad situations in my past relationships.”

“Oh?” Hoseok glanced at Yoongi.

Yoongi in a breath and thought carefully about his words. “Everyone here puts their utmost trust in Jaebum, and I know he’s changed, but he changed after we broke up. Really bad things happened between us and that’s all I remember about him. Every time I see him, all the pain rushes back.”

Hoseok brushed the hair out of Yoongi’s hair and gently touched his cheek. “Sorry to hear that. I wish I had met you earlier. I could’ve protected you.”

Yoongi smiled and leaned against Hoseok’s touch. “I’m glad to hear that, but it’s fine. It just wasn’t meant for us to meet each other before.”

Hoseok grinned. “Right. And I guess now it’s time for us to be together.”

Yoongi sighed. “Look, uh… I’m sorry to have to tell you this now but you deserve to know. You seem to really like me, and I like you too, so this is why I have to tell you...”

“Okay?”

“Remember how I said that I only came here because of Jungkook?”

“Yeah.”

“Well, uh, after I’m done helping him and I’ve switched him over to carton blood, I planned on leaving headquarters and going back to my dad’s cabin in the woods.”

Hoseok blinked, keeping his gaze on the other. “Oh… So you’re only here for a little while?”

Yoongi nodded slowly. “Yeah.”

Hoseok was quiet for a bit while he thought and then a wide smile formed on his face. “Well then, looks like I’m going to have to try to convince you to stay here with me then.”

“What?” Yoongi looked up at him surprised. “Why would you do that?”

“Because I like you. I haven’t felt like this about anyone in a very long time and I’m not about to let you leave that easily.”

Yoongi looked dumbfounded. “You… barely know me…”

“I don’t care. I would even leave headquarters with you if that’s what it took.”

“That’s stupid.”

“Love makes you do stupid things.”

“There are better people out there than me.”

“Maybe. But there’s only one of you. And you’re the one I want.”

Yoongi pursed his lips together, a blush finding its way across his cheeks. “What if I told you that I don’t feel for you the same way?”

“It won’t stop me from loving you.”

Yoongi let out a soft chuckle. “You’re crazy.”

“I made the mistake of not going after someone I loved before, I’m not going to do it again,” said Hoseok. “I mean, it’s not the same situation, but it’s similar. In a way.”

“What happened?” Yoongi looked at Hoseok. “If you don’t mind me asking.”

Hoseok looked up at the sky. It was still raining down hard. “There was this girl. I kind of wish you knew her. She was great. We had dated for about six months. I, uh, I didn’t want to tell her that I was a half vampire because of what happened with Jungkook and she knew I was hiding something from her. She got angry at me, we had a fight and we broke up. It was a day before the rogue vampires attacked headquarters. I didn’t find out until the battle was over that she died. If I had just gone after her after our fight… If I had just told her my secret, she would probably still be alive.”

He looked at Yoongi and stared him deep into his eyes. “I never thought I would find love again. And then you showed up here with Jungkook. I couldn’t tell you why I fell for you when I first saw you, but I did. And I fell hopelessly hard. I couldn’t sleep the first night you came. I kept thinking about you. All those nights prior, I only thought of her and the moment I saw you, everything changed.”

Yoongi smiled softly. “I see…”

Hoseok his side and looked at Yoongi straight into the eyes. “While we’re talking, I want to ask what you’re keeping from me. I know you have a secret. You don’t have to tell me if you don’t want to though. Just… I want you to know that you can trust me with secrets. You don’t have to hide from me. I won’t tell.”

Yoongi bit his bottom lip. “How’d you know?”

Hoseok shrugged. “Just a hunch.”

Yoongi glanced around to make sure no one was around, but Hoseok grabbed his chin to make him look at him. “No one can hear you while you’re in my shield. That’s kind of the beauty of it. You didn’t know but I used it when we were hooking up to make sure no one heard us.”

Yoongi chuckled. “Oh, I see. But still, to be cautious, I’ll just whisper it to you.”

Hoseok smiled and Yoongi leaned in by his ear to whisper softly.

“I’m just like you,” he whispered.

Hoseok blinked and looked at him. “What do you mean?”

Yoongi leaned in again and whispered, “I’m a half vampire too. Just like you.”

Hoseok looked at him with surprise. “What? Really?”

Yoongi nodded. “I was really excited when you told me that you’re like me but I’ve always kept it a secret that I couldn’t even tell you at all. Plus, there’s something really bad going on that I promised I wouldn’t tell anyone else.”

“Something bad?”

“It’s a long story that doesn’t involve you in any way so you don’t have to worry about it.”

Hoseok hummed and pulled Yoongi to his chest. “Okay. I’m glad you told me.” He looked up at the sky and noticed the sky was still dark and rain still came down. “Well, we still have some time to kill while it rains.”

“Yeah? And what are we going to do with that time?” Yoongi asked.

Hoseok shrugged. “We could make out. Or talk about something. Or make out. Or you could tell me more about yourself. Or make out…”

Yoongi chuckled. “I have a strong feeling you want to make out.”

Hoseok grinned wide. “I may be a small bit obsessed with your lips and I want them on mine at all times.”

Yoongi let out a laugh. “Wow. We hook up one time and you’re already obsessed.”

“I already told you that I fell for you since you came here.”

Yoongi stuck out his tongue playfully. “Yeah, but you haven’t proved that to me yet so I can’t believe that.”

Hoseok chuckled. “You want proof?”

Yoongi nodded. “Lots of proof.”

Hoseok smiled and cupped Yoongi’s chin lovingly. He leaned in and started their kiss slow. He felt his heart skip a beat feeling Yoongi kissing him back shyly and pressed their bodies closer. Hoseok’s hands began to slowly roam the other’s body over every curve, down to his where he gave a soft squeeze. In response, Yoongi’s breath hitched against their kiss and Hoseok smirked. He slowly began to travel his kisses down along the curve of Yoongi’s neck as he hooked his hands around the other’s legs and wrapped them around his waist.

Yoongi mewled softly and turned his head to expose his neck for Hoseok. His heart started racing as Hoseok gently and lovingly nipped at his neck. Something about Hoseok drove him crazy and he didn’t even know why. Something about Hoseok makes him never want to ever leave this place and be with him forever. Yoongi let out a soft moan when he felt Hoseok start to grind their hips together.

Hoseok smirked against Yoongi’s skin at the reaction he got and peered up at the other curiously when he did it again. Yoongi threw his head back in pleasure as a soft, breathy moan escaped his throat. Hoseok smiled softly. He didn’t know why he found this side of Yoongi so endearing and he didn’t want it to stop. He leaned back up and captured Yoongi’s lips again. The other kissed him back desperately as his arms wrapped tightly around Hoseok’s neck.

They kissed for a long time, neither of them pulling off of their kiss even once until Hoseok pulled back on the kiss slowly and they both panted for much-needed air. He smiled as he leaned his forehead against Yoongi’s and gently swiped his thumb over the other’s bottom lip. He leaned forward and pecked his lips softly. “It’s time.”

“Time for what?” Yoongi asked.

Hoseok pointed up as he moved off of Yoongi for him to see. “It stopped raining. Look.”

Yoongi blinked and looked up at the sky. The clouds rolled away revealing a beautiful night sky adorning a large full moon and countless stars. Yoongi’s mouth dropped open with awe as he stared up at the sky.

Hoseok smiled keeping his eyes on Yoongi. “Beautiful, isn’t it?”

Yoongi nodded. “I’ve never seen the sky look like this before. Then again, it’s not like I ever took the time to go outside and look at the sky before. At my dad’s cabin, there were trees everywhere blocking the sky so I never got to do something like this before.”

“Never?”

Yoongi shook his head and looked at Hoseok. “Never.”

Hoseok smiled. “Well, I’m glad I took your stargazing ity. Since I couldn’t be the one to take your actual ity.”

Yoongi chuckled. “Geez. Why are you like this?”

Hoseok pursed his lips together in thought. “Mm, because I really, really like you.”

“Is that all?”

Hoseok smiled and pulled Yoongi against his chest and kissed him softly. “Do I need any other reason?”

Yoongi smiled small and hooked his arms around Hoseok’s neck. “No, I guess not,” he mumbled and leaned in for another kiss which Hoseok happily obliged to.

After they stargazed, they walked with each other hand in hand to the dorms. They stopped at Hoseok’s dorm room door.

“You want to come inside?” Hoseok asked, playfully tugging on Yoongi’s arm to pull him in.

Yoongi laughed. “I can’t. I have to make sure Jungkook’s okay.”

Hoseok pouted playfully. “That’s no fun.”

Yoongi smiled and pecked Hoseok’s cheek. “Goodnight.”

“Goodnight,” Hoseok said as a wide smile spread across his face. He watched Yoongi walk to Jungkook’s dorm and they shared one last glance before Yoongi stepped into Jungkook’s room.

Hoseok sighed happily and leaned against his room door. The smile stayed on his face for a while as he thought about everything that happened during their date. He turned to open his room door and flinched a bit at Lucas and Jungwoo who stood right behind him.

“You guys scared me…” He put a hand to his chest and let out a breath. “Is there something you guys need help with?”

“We have a question, actually,” Jungwoo said.

“Oh, sure. Ask away.”

“Are you a half vampire?” Lucas asked.

Hoseok frowned. “No. Where’d you get that idea? I don’t look like a vampire, do I?”

“No, but I saw you tonight with Yoongi hyung,” Lucas said. “You put up a shield over the both of you to protect from the rain. No human could have those powers.”

Hoseok’s expression turned serious. “What do you two really want?”

“Come with us quietly and we won’t have to hurt you.”

Hoseok looked between the two. There was seriousness in Lucas’s eyes and guilt in Jungwoo’s. “Where are we going?”

“You’ll see.”