13;

Of Blood and Desire

Jimin and Taehyung wove through the trees, cautiously approaching the jail. When they realized there was no one around the outside of the jail, they both relaxed, but only a little. “We should have gone back for real weapons,” Taehyung said, wondering at their attire. They only wore their training gear with the sparring weapons.

“If we’re lucky, no one will be here,” said Jimin as he glanced around.

“It sure is creepy out here,” Taehyung observed their surroundings and shivered slightly. “Now I see why you and Jungkook dared each other to come out here.”

“They used to torture and kill vampires in there, so be sure not to be followed by any ghosts now.”

Taehyung snorted. “Very funny.”

Jimin grinned and the two of them very quietly walked into the jail. It was so empty and dead quiet that they almost swore no one was there until they heard a soft ‘help’ echo down the hall. Jimin flinched a little and clung on to Taehyung’s arm. They both made their way down the hall in the direction the cry came from. Another soft cry for help sounded and they quickly, but quietly made their way to the room. They peered inside to find four bodies in a cell huddled together.

Taehyung pushed open the door and the four flinched but when they realized they weren’t who they thought they were, they all let out cries of relief. Jimin quickly made his way over to the cage and told them to be quiet and reached for the bars. He touched it and jumped back when his hands were burned by the silver.

“Ow,” he mumbled.

Taehyung looked at Jimin’s hands and then at the cell. “Where’s the key?” he asked.

The four in the cell pointed to the hook hanging by the door. Taehyung quickly grabbed it and unlocked the cell. He opened it and the four quickly piled out and hugged both Taehyung and Jimin in relief.

“Thank you,” one of them cried softly.

“No problem. Do you guys know where the others are?” Jimin asked.

“No, but we’re worried. He took Lucas and Jungwoo away from us.”

“You guys are friends with Lucas and Jungwoo?”

“Yeah. I’m Ten and this is Jisung, Chenle, and Haechan,” said Ten as he pointed to each of the others as he introduced them. “There were more of us, but he was using us to get Lucas and Jungwoo to do what he wanted. Please don’t blame them.”

Jimin glanced at Taehyung. “Tae, take them back to headquarters and let Jaebum know what’s going on. I’m going to—”

“What? No. I’m not leaving you here by yourself.” Taehyung was quick to grasp Jimin’s hand.

Jimin cupped Taehyung’s cheek and leaned up, kissing him quickly. “I’ll come back to you don’t worry. They need you. They can’t go by themselves.”

Taehyung sighed and caught Jimin in another chaste kiss. “Come back to me.”

Jimin smiled and placed his hand on Taehyung’s chest. “As long as your heart beats, I always will.”

Jimin watched as Taehyung led the other four out of the jail and turned to explore around. He quietly looked around and jumped when he heard someone walking down a hall just ahead. He quickly hid away and waited for them to pass. He snuck quietly down the hall the person came out of and looked in each room and cell. Finally, he found the right one and went inside.

Hoseok and Lucas both perked up when Jimin walked in but Jimin held a finger to his mouth to tell them to be quiet. He looked around to see if he could find a key and swore softly when there wasn’t one. “What now?” Jimin whispered.

“Jimin, you’re still wearing your training gear,” Hoseok said. “Maybe if you use the training dagger…”

Jimin quickly understood and was already pulling the dagger out of its holster. He angled it to the ground and stepped on it to break it. Surprisingly, it broke easily. Maybe the training weapons aren’t as indestructible as the slayers believe. It made a sharp point small enough to fit into the keyhole. He picked open the cell that held Hoseok and then opened the other cell.

Lucas pulled a still sleeping Jungwoo onto his back and carried him out of the cell. Jimin peered over at Jungkook and Yoongi and felt his heart clench. He made his way over to Jungkook and tapped his shoulder. “Come on. We have to go.”

Jungkook shook his head and clung on to Yoongi tightly. “N-No. I can’t go…”

Jimin bent down next to Jungkook and rubbed his back. “You want to save him?”

Jungkook looked up at Jimin, his cheeks were wet with tears. “I can save him? B-But he’s dead…”

Jimin looked at Yoongi and reached out to touch him. He flinched at the coldness of his skin and sighed. “You can. The only thing is since he’s already dead, he’s going to be like me. He won’t have a heartbeat. But he’ll be alive.”

Jungkook sniffled. “I’ll do anything…”

Jimin smiled and wiped the tears from Jungkook’s eyes. “Okay, so here’s what you do, fill your mouth with your own blood and inject it into him. You already have an existing bite mark on his neck so you can inject your blood in there.”

“How do you know this?”

Jimin shrugged. “I read it somewhere. Now come on. You have to hurry so we can get out of here.”

Jungkook nodded and did as he was told. He bit his wrist and filled his mouth with his own blood. He brought his head down to the bite on Yoongi’s neck and injected his blood into the wound. For a moment, nothing was happening and then all of a sudden, the color returned to Yoongi’s face and he awoke with a coughing fit. The bite and the gash on his neck healed, as well as the wound on his stomach.

Jungkook grinned, happy tears streaming down his face. He hugged Yoongi close to his body tightly.

Yoongi groaned. “Yah, let me go… Too tight. I can’t breathe…”

Jungkook chuckled and let him go. “Sorry…”

Jimin smiled. “Okay, come on. We have to hurry and go.”

Yoongi shook his head. “No, I can’t go. I have to stop my uncle. You guys can go. It’s my fight.”

“What? No. I’m not leaving you here. I’m staying with you,” said Jungkook.

“I’m staying too,” Hoseok said. “I can’t just leave knowing you’re here battling someone who’s now one of the strongest vampires in existence.”

Yoongi sighed. “Are you sure? We could die.”

“Who cares? Someone needs to stop him.”

Yoongi looked over at Lucas and Jungwoo and then up at Jimin. “Get them to safety, okay?”

Jimin nodded. “I will.” He helped both Yoongi and Jungkook up to their feet.

“Ready to die, then?” Yoongi asked as he stepped out of the cell with Jungkook.

“Always,” said Jungkook.

Hoseok chuckled. “As slayers, we’re always ready to die.”