01;

Of Blood and Desire

“Again,” said Jungkook as he helped Taehyung back onto his feet. “Come on, aren’t you listening to anything I’ve been telling you to do?”

    Taehyung shot a glare at Jungkook. “Yah, up until now, I’ve never had fighting experience. This isn’t easy for me. And you put me up against someone who has been here for years. So unfair.”

    Jimin smirked, shrugging. “It’s not my fault you at fighting. Or is it that you’re too distracted by how handsome I am.”

    “You wish.” Taehyung sneered and got into his fighting stance.

    Jungkook sighed and pushed the wooden sword down further as Taehyung held it too high. He slid his foot next to the other’s and shifted it slightly forward to correct his stance. He patted both of Taehyung’s shoulders. “Relax. You shouldn’t be tense in a fight. Your opponent could use it to their advantage.”

    “Can’t you give me a pointer on how to beat him? Shouldn’t I know something about how to beat him for when I encounter a vampire out in the wild?”

    “Well, for one thing, vampires in the wild don’t use weapons or are trained to fight. You won’t have to worry.”

    “Well, yeah, I know that but aren’t rogue vampires stronger and faster?” Taehyung lowered his sword and looked at Jungkook. “You know what it’s like, right?”

    Jungkook paused as if taken aback. It had only been less than a month since he was a rogue vampire. Only a month since he killed his father. Only a month since he almost killed his sister. That was a dark time in Jungkook’s life he hated to look back to.

    Taehyung’s eyes widened when he realized what he said triggered something. “Oh… I’m sorry… I shouldn’t have…”

    “No, it’s okay.” Jungkook waved a hand to Jimin and the other got into his fighting stance. “Come on, start another round.” He stepped to the side and watched Taehyung get into his stance. Correctly, this time except he still seemed to be a little tense.

    “If I win this round, you owe me a kiss, okay?” Jimin grinned seeing Taehyung roll his eyes. “Ready?”

    “Ready,” Taehyung mumbled and they both launched forward at each other.

    Jungkook watched as they went back and forth almost overpowering each other. He noticed a slight hesitation in Taehyung’s steps which Jimin also seemed to notice as he tripped Taehyung in a flash, knocking his weapon out of his hand. Taehyung fell to the ground on his and groaned as he lay down in defeat. Jimin grinned and bent over Taehyung.

    “Don’t forget, you owe me a kiss~” Jimin teased.

    Taehyung rolled his eyes and sat up on the ground. “This is so unfair,” he grumbled under his breath.

    Jungkook stepped up to Taehyung and helped him up to his feet. “I’ll train you now.”

    “I need to use the bathroom first,” Taehyung said. He brushed the grass from his clothes and made his way over to the bathroom.

    Jiwoo ran up to Jungkook and Jimin, waving at them happily. “Hey! It’s time for lunch!”

    Jimin hummed softly. “I’ll be there in a bit. I have to go use the bathroom first.” Jungkook raised an eyebrow as Jimin winked at him as he passed.

    “Well, alright,” said Jiwoo. She looked at her twin brother and linked her arm with his. “Ready?”

    Jungkook slipped his arm out from hers. “Sorry, I have to train Taehyung a little more. He’s having a hard time so I have to train him extra.”

    “You can’t stop for a moment for lunch? It won’t take long.”

    “Uh, no. I’m not hungry. Maybe later.”

    Jiwoo looked at Jungkook skeptically. “Okay then…” She gave him a quick side hug and ran up to Jackson who was waiting for her.

    Jungkook let out a soft groan and leaned against one of the wooden posts next to him. He held his stomach as he closed his eyes. ‘Suppress it,’ he thought to himself. ‘Don’t give in to it.

    

Jimin whistled as he walked into the bathroom to find Taehyung at the sink. He walked next to the other at the empty sink and hummed softly as he washed his hands. Taehyung sighed and looked at Jimin, placing his hands into his pockets.

    “What do you want? Isn’t it lunch?”

    “Yes, but lunch can wait. You still owe me a kiss.” Jimin looked at his reflection and fixed his hair. “So, why not do it now? Jungkook’s not here to see so it’s the perfect time to do it.”

    Taehyung rose an eyebrow. “What does Jungkook have to do with us kissing? He doesn’t care.”

    “No, but you don’t know him like I do. He gets jealous easily. Plus,” Jimin said and looked over at Taehyung, “I know you like him.”

    “No, I don’t.”

    “Yes, you do. I can hear your heart race when he’s around you. I like him too. I mean, who doesn’t?”

    Taehyung looked at Jimin bewildered but didn’t say anything.

    “So, let’s just get it over with and kiss here where no one can see. I mean, unless they walk in here but that’s what’s fun about it, don’t you think?”

    Taehyung snickered. “What? You wouldn’t mind if someone walked in here to see us kissing?”

    Jimin shrugged. “It’s kind of an exciting thought.”

    Taehyung laughed. “Wow, so that rumor about you is true.”

    Jimin frowned. “What rumor?”

    Taehyung grinned and took a step closer to Jimin. “I wonder if this other rumor I heard about you is true.”

    Jimin flinched slightly and moved back with each step Taehyung took close to him. “Wh-Which one?”

    Taehyung’s grin grew wider as Jimin’s back hit the wall. He stood right in front of Jimin, pressing his body against the other’s and cupped his cheek. Jimin’s face flushed a bright pink as Taehyung brushed his lips gently over his cheek. Taehyung smirked as he let his lips hover just over Jimin’s.

    “So it’s true,” he said softly before pressing their lips together. Taehyung kept the kiss soft and slow at first waiting for a reaction from Jimin. Jimin mewled softly against Taehyung’s lips, his hands gripping onto the other’s shirt to hold him closer. Taehyung smirked feeling this and their kiss slowly became more heated.

    Jimin tilted his head to deepen the kiss as his arms wrapped around Taehyung’s neck. Taehyung moved his hands down Jimin’s sides and down to the back of his thighs. He then lifted the other off of his feet and pinned him to the wall. Instinctively, Jimin wrapped his legs around Taehyung’s waist so he wouldn’t fall. Their kiss wasn’t broken once.

“Mmph,” Jimin breathed against their kiss and he let his arms wrap tighter around Taehyung. The younger took this as an invitation to deepen the kiss and pressed his body closer. He moved his hands from Jimin’s thighs and slowly slipped them under his shirt. Jimin whined softly against the kiss feeling the surprising coldness of Taehyung’s fingertips and wrapped his legs tighter around the other’s waist.

As they shared a deep passionate kiss, Taehyung’s fingers played with Jimin’s s, rolling them and pinching them between his index and middle finger. At the same time, he began to gently grind against Jimin resulting in the older to let out a moan against his lips. He arched against Taehyung’s touch and threw his head back in pleasure.

Taehyung smirked and began to trace kisses along the other’s neck, on small patches of skin here and there. He looked up at Jimin who peered at him with lust filled, red eyes and connected their lips again. Their tongues tangled together in a desperate manner as they kissed. Taehyung groaned softly against Jimin’s mouth feeling the fangs in the other’s mouth scrape against his tongue, but he didn’t pull back. He continued to explore every corner of Jimin’s mouth and pulled back slowly.

Taehyung leaned his forehead against Jimin’s for a moment as they both caught their breath. He traced soft kisses along Jimin’s jawline to his ear and whispered softly, “There. You got your kiss.”

    He turned and left the bathroom without another word leaving Jimin there confused, hot and bothered. He stumbled to the sink and the cold water. He splashed himself in the face with some water and leaned against the counter, peering at his reflection. His cheeks were flushed a bright pink, his lips were plumper than usual because of the kisses, and his eyes were blazing a bright red. Jimin groaned softly, pushing his hair back.

    “Dammit…” He tried his best to fix the wrinkles on his shirt and stumbled out of the bathroom and headed for his dorm. He was going to get Taehyung back for this.

    

Taehyung walked up to Jungkook who had been waiting for him at the training grounds. “You didn’t go to lunch?”

    Jungkook shook his head. “No, I’m not hungry. Besides, you need extra training.”

    Taehyung looked at Jungkook skeptically for a moment before brushing it off. “Alright. Let’s get to it then.” He picked up his wooden sword from the ground and stood in his fighting stance. Jungkook stood in his, holding his sword out.

    As they trained, Jungkook gave Taehyung pointers on how to strike and how to look for openings, as well as, how to disarm and overpower in various situations. He showed him the examples slowly yo which Jungkook was surprised at how Taehyung quickly picked up on it.

    “You’re doing surprisingly well right now,” Jungkook commented.

    Taehyung laughed. “Thanks. It’s because Jimin isn’t here to distract me. He smack talks a lot, doesn’t he?”

    Jungkook couldn’t help but laugh. “Yeah, but you know, he wasn’t always like that.” He tossed Taehyung a bottle of water. “You should have seen him when he first came here.”

    Taehyung took a sip of water and leaned against one of the training posts. “Oh? What was he like?”

    “Quiet. Really quiet and because he lost his family before coming here, he was really depressed and angry. Took a long time for him to break out of it.” Jungkook sat down on the grass and sighed. “If I think of it now, as long as I’ve known him, vampires are his worst enemies. He hates them so, I really don’t think he’s doing too well with being one. I feel kind of bad especially since I’m responsible for him becoming one. So, just a little word of advice for you, be nice to him. I promise he’s actually not that bad.”

    “Only if he’s nice to me,” Taehyung said. “I can’t take his obnoxious taunts anymore.”

    Jungkook rose an eyebrow as he picked up his wooden sword. “You mind those and not the things you owe him if he wins a match?”

    Taehyung shrugged. “It’s just a kiss. I’d kiss you too if you were betting.”

    Jungkook snorted. “Whatever, weirdo. Anyway, come on. I have more to teach you.” He went to stand up but suddenly felt faint and fell forward.

Taehyung quickly caught him. “Are you okay?” He started to panic and looked around to see if there was anyone around to help him but remembered everyone was at the mess hall for lunch. He cursed under his breath and braced Jungkook against his side.

Jungkook groaned and opened his eyes for just a moment to suddenly feel an intense urge to attack Taehyung for blood. His eyes made contact with the beating vein on Taehyung’s neck. The only sounds Jungkook could hear was the sound of Taehyung’s heart beating and the blood rushing through his body. For a moment, Jungkook wanted nothing more than to sink his fangs into Taehyung’s neck but he quickly snapped out of it when the other shook him.

“Jungkook,” Taehyung said, panic set in his voice, “are you alright?”

Jungkook gasped and pushed Taehyung away from him and without a word, bolted away going straight for his dorm room. He cupped his hand over his mouth as he ran and bumped into Hoseok on his way to his dorm.

“Is everything okay?” Hoseok asked but he didn’t get an answer as Jungkook pushed his way past him and slammed his dorm room door behind him. Hoseok frowned and tilted his head. “What was that about?”

In his room, Jungkook buried his face into his hands and slid down to the floor against the wall. “Damn,” he muttered.

He sat there for hours ignoring everyone who came by and knocked on his door including his sister. He even ignored all the phone calls and texts he received. He didn’t want to talk to or see anyone at all after what happened. He didn’t know if Taehyung told anyway about what happened but he knew he couldn’t face anyone at all regardless.

It was nighttime when people stopped coming to check on him. Jungkook pulled the phone out of his pocket to check the time and noticed it was almost midnight. By now, the grounds would be mostly empty and almost everyone should be asleep or in their dorm room. He pressed his ear against his door to hear if there was anyone out in the hallway. When he heard no one, he opened the door slowly and quietly made his way down the hall.

He had to get away from this place. The longer he stayed at the Slayer Headquarters, the more he would end up giving in to his vampire nature. He doesn’t want to, not ever. All his life learning that vampires were bad, he always thought them as evil and never liked them. Now that he is one, he never wants to give in to the evil within him.

Jungkook walked stealthily on the grounds to make sure no one would see him making his way to the front gate. He could see it not far ahead of him and tried to speed up to get to it faster, but someone called out to him. It was Hoseok. Jungkook cursed under his breath and turned, putting on a fake smile.

“Where are you going?” Hoseok asked.

“Oh, just out. I’ll be back.”

Hoseok raised an eyebrow and examined Jungkook. Jungkook hoped that Hoseok couldn’t read him easily and make him go back. He really wanted to leave and get away.

“Right,” Hoseok said slowly. “Um, anyway, how are you feeling? Taehyung told me you almost fainted during training.”

“Yeah, I’m okay now but I need some fresh air and the air here in headquarters is a bit stuffy so, I thought, you know, a walk through the woods at night would be perfect. So, I’ll leave for a bit and come back. Don’t worry.” Jungkook put a finger up to his lips and smiled. “Just do me a favor and don’t tell anyone you saw me, okay?” He his heel and jogged for the gate.

Hoseok stood there silently watching Jungkook walk out of the gate. “That was weird. And he didn’t even take a weapon with him...”

Jungkook let out a relieved sigh and looked into the dark forest. ‘This is the only solution,’ he thought and walked away from headquarters. He followed the trail for a while and sidetracked to the river. He slowly walked along the riverbank and breathed in heavily. ‘This way I won’t be a threat to everyone.

He felt his stomach clench and his vision swirled the longer he walked. He held onto his stomach and sat down on a rock by the river. He panted heavily and leaned over almost wanting to puke. ‘Suppress it,’ he thought over and over again.

Suddenly, there was a strong scent of blood in the air. His head whipped up and even if he tried to tell his body not to, he got up and ran toward the smell. As he was running, the scent grew stronger resulting in his senses being clouded by bloodthirst. It was so overwhelming that he wasn’t watching where he was going and tripped on a tree root.

Jungkook fell to the ground resulting in him getting the wind knocked out of him. He lay on the forest floor in a daze and slowly his back. His ears were ringing from the impact of him falling. He peered beyond the treetops at the sky. The moon was peeking out from behind the trees, shining its light upon him. Jungkook’s vision started to blur and the moon was the last thing he saw before passing out.


sup, so I haven't quite figured out a posting schedule for this yet so it'll be a bit spontaneous until I figure out a good day to post.

hope you're enjoying this so far and will wait for the next chapter

ok thanks

see you soon

~jb