Take It Slow (2015)

This Frustrating Thing Called Imagination
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: I wanna write this one first from May 2015 to early 2016 (which I believe is the courting/realization period) so I can move forward to the juicy parts. ;) The two chapters might be boring so bear with. I just felt the need to elaborate on some of the fancams because... well, because I can :P

Take It Slow (2015) - 150501 - Music Bank (INU comeback) / 150507 - V "Loser" Controversy / 150508 - Music Bank (INU win)

Happy Holidays, btw!~ Enjoy watching the SBS Gayo guys ;))

Disclaimer: I only own my imagination but not V and Irene and their group ;)

“Not bad for a first day, right?” asked Bogum as he slides beside her on their way back to the waiting room so they can prepare for their welcome dinner party.

KBS Music Bank PD applauded them earlier for a job well done and Irene couldn’t be more relieved to hear it since this is her first time hosting a show. She was still fumbling but she likes her new job and Park Bogum, her co-host, is also nice and considerate.

“Yeah. Good job.”

They shared a smile and continued walking when there was a loud thud followed by a series of laughter from inside one of the waiting room that they’re about to pass. “Yah! Park Jimin!” Irene flinched at the loud voice. Bogum looked at her with raised brows as his steps start to hurry towards the room, curiosity etched on his handsome face. She followed him, getting curious too upon hearing another booming laughter inside the room.

She saw a pink hair pale guy slumped on the couch when she reached the open waiting room. Bangtan Boys' Suga had his eyes closed and looks like he’s not bothered at all by the loud noises. Besides him was their leader, Rap Monster, shaking his head. He bowed down sheepishly when he saw them before directing his gaze in front of him again.

“Yah, stop that. It’s embarrassing!”

Following his line of sight, a tangled heap of bodies on the floor greeted her and Irene tried not to laugh out of politeness. The one beneath was Jin, the oldest of the group. His red face was caught between laughter and pain as he thumps his left hand in defeat. His other hand was wrapped and hanging on the neck of Park Jimin, their resident beagle who was sitting on the top of the oldest looking like he isn’t even hurting at all from the chokehold. The body lying across Jin was probably their maknae, Jungkook. She can’t really see his face but she deducted that after already recognizing J-Hope who was kneeling on the floor laughing his heads off and V who was slightly hunched over his hyung. The expression on his beautiful face was of pure joy. His box smile was in full force, smiling in mischief as he sways his hyung’s legs. Cute.

“We have visitors, you know!”

The voice of their leader made them look up. Irene’s heart involuntarily skips a beat when their eyes accidentally met. His eyes got wide when he focused his gaze at her probably surprised upon realizing that there are others inside the room and abruptly let go of Jin’s legs. The latter groaned and Irene covered her hand to stop her laughter.

“Annyeonghaseyo,” V shyly smiles, averting his eyes as he bows. She bowed back, biting her lips because she really thinks his cute like this, all shy and embarrassed. A huge contrast when he’s performing.

“I’m Park Bogum. I Need U is an amazing song. I hope you win.”

“I’m Irene from Red Velvet. Congratulations on your comeback, sunbae-nims.”

Bangtan Boys congratulated them back on their performance and hosting earlier. They entertained Bogum who was asking them questions after questions but Irene can’t focus on the conversation because she kept on catching V looking at her. She found it funny and flattering how he immediately looks away when she looks at his direction and nods at his hyung as if he’s really listening then side-eye her again after a few seconds while he bites or his lips. His reaction was priceless when Irene smiled at him when she caught his eyes making him blush. Too cute.

“Let’s go, Irene-ssi? We still have a welcome party to attend.” Bogum tapped her shoulder. She blinks and nods at him before exchanging goodbyes with the boy group. She expected V to have his usual bright smile when she looks at him but instead she saw him frowning. It deepens more and more as he looks at her and Bogum. He stared at them for a fraction of a second. A slight pout graced his beautiful face before he looks down. It made Irene anxious but her co-host was already ushering her outside the room.

Has she done something wrong? Why did he suddenly look like that? Irene kept thinking about it even when she’s already inside her company’s car going to the party that her manager has to call her twice when she didn’t respond to her query.

She’s turning this into a big deal. Who knows what he was thinking, right? She sighed. Bangtan Boys’ V was already taking up more space in her mind even before they can have a direct conversation, to begin with.

She sighed again.

“V-ssi?” Irene called at the sobbing figure leaning his head against the wall. The guy quickly turns around in surprise. His gaze unfocused as he looks at her like a deer caught in a headlight. The empty hall was dim enough but it can’t hide the tears decorating his handsome face.

He squinted and Irene watched as his eyes doubled when he finally recognized her, hastily wiping the streak of tears on his face. She looks at him, his round beautiful eyes avoiding hers as he fidgets, obviously embarrassed at being seen crying his eyes out. Looking at him like this breaks her heart

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter