0°C to 4°C

This Frustrating Thing Called Imagination
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Being pressed against the wall by Kim Taehyung and feeling the heat radiating from his body was not what Irene had imagined when she whined about wanting to cover herself with hot packs earlier but she wasn’t going to complain.

He's better than hot packs and the oversize jacket she has back in Red Velvet’s assigned waiting room. Not that she’s going to tell him that when he’s currently sporting that annoying smirk of his.

Speaking of Red Velvet, she hopes that the members can give a good excuse to their manager for her sudden absence. MBC Gayo Daejejun just ended and they were trekking back to their dressing room with much difficulty because the hallway was crowded with idols complaining to their managers about the extreme temperature, when he snuck right behind her and whispered with that husky voice of his that makes her shiver, for her to meet him on their usual spot.

So here she was leaning against the wall because the man in front of her got too excited when he saw her peeking below the last flight of stairs leading to the rooftop, that he forcefully pulled her towards him and that made her miss the last few steps. Good thing he caught her right before she nose-dived on the floor. He said sorry backing her against the wall to inspect if she’s okay.

“We can’t have our generation’s goddess having a small scratch now do we?” he teased, earning a glare from her but it only made him smile widely, his eyes had that same twinkle whenever their eyes met. He moved closer in her space and Irene had to suppress the moan threatening to come out of her opting to bite her lower lip because, damn, the heat he’s emitting feels damn heavenly against her cold body right now. Gosh, she just said damn twice in a sentence. This man is killing her.

She blocked him with her arms from getting closer. “Taehyung... Someone might see us.”

An excuse really, because why would someone honestly do that when the man is being a human heater for her? And did she mention that he smells so damn good that Irene has to swallow hard just to say those five words? She just needs to take a breather for a second because her heartbeat always seems to go fast whenever this annoying man is around.

Taehyung, V, won’t let her have it though for he just raised an eyebrow at her with a knowing look as if to say nice try and smirk as he propped his left arm beside her head while his right arm snake at the side of her waist, effectively locking her in his hold.

Curse Kim Heechul. Apparently, he told her boyfriend this secret spot along with a few others that no one really uses during broadcasts and events like this. Now Irene has no excuse.

Also, seeing that smug look on Kim Taehyung's face annoys her. In the past, she might’ve smacked him in the head for his cheekiness. But that was then. And this is now. The current Irene easily turned into a puddle of goo when this man is around and invading her personal space. So, she just glared. Again. That’s the only thing she can do these days anyway.

“It’s cold outside so sharing body heat should help, right, Joohyun?” Taehyung grabbed the back of her head and placed it in his broad shoulders.

“It's Joohyun-noona for you, kid,” she jokingly said. She willed herself not to blush after hearing how her real name sound so sweet when he said it. Okay, she really needs to stop thinking of cheesy thoughts.

She feels Taehyung laugh, his shoulders quaking a bit, as he snakes his arms around her for a much-needed hug. His hands roaming and rubbing the expanse of her back as if to dispel the coldness and Irene have to close her eyes because of the sensation, involuntarily shivering at the action that has absolutely nothing to do with the cold.

“Your company really needs a smacking. How can they sit back and let you guys freeze to death outside? They should've dressed you properly. I heard it's freaking 0°C to 4°C today.” His voice sounds so angry that it made Irene open her eyes to lean away and look at him. Worried mix with anger was written all over his face as she looks at him.

Irene smiled lovingly at the man before her. She s her hands from his chest to his shoulders, resting it at his nape as she pulled him for a more cozy hug, trying to comfort the agitated man.

It was always nice to hug him, Ire

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter