LIMITLESS

COVET
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Fingers clench painfully around her phone as she refreshes the page, her leg nervously tapping against the floor. His touch against her skin and the warmth of the hairdryer against her head usually left a recalcitrant paced beating across her chest, the kind that’ll make her forget the foreboding emptiness in her body but tonight, seemed to be an exception. He turns off the dryer, reaching for the wooden hairbrush as he gently grazes it against long, blonde locks before putting it down. She can feel the surge of anxiety breaking through her chest into a million pieces, enough for someone as small as her to choke on. 

 

Park Chaeyoung doesn’t know if she can make it. 

 

He finds himself particularly worried when even the smallest of gestures don’t sing any reaction from her.

 

“You’re still shaking,” his voice is heavy, dragging him away from the plethora of thoughts that were clattering her mind, “… and you still haven’t eaten let’s get something to eat and call it a night.” 

 

He regrets coming home angry after she’d cancelled their dinner plans and drove back home without him when he saw her crying in the couch, most evidently not expecting him to be back from his schedules so soon.

 

She shakes her head, turning her head to him, “… I’m not hungry, I might just do a little bit of work and I’ll see you in bed.” 

 

“You need to eat,” he speaks it a little more softly this time, closer to a plead than a demand, “… it’s going to be okay the response has actually been amazingly well since you’ve publicly announced your role in the company. The boys were telling me that a lot of comments were talking about how how it’s so empowering to see a young woman in a position of power and how you're in inspiration to those who dare to dream.” 

 

He feels his body falling paralysingly frozen as her expression turns sullen, eyes dropping as she puts the phone on the vanity before turning to him. 

 

“Here let me read you some,” he attempts to soothe her worries, reaching for his phone as he scrolls down, “… how disgusting is the society we live in that a woman h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter