TRIAL

COVET
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I’m completely fine you’re over reacting,” she whines, fingers clenched firmly onto her phone as she attempts the mess she’d created from being ghost for the past twelve hours, “… seriously if you drop me off at home I won’t even be able to sleep since I was asleep in the hospital for twelve hours, if we head to the office now I’ll be able to make it to the afternoon meeting—”

 

“Chaeyoung stop,” his brows knit together in disapproval before he turns his head to her, his grip on the steering wheel so tight that any more pressure could potentially result in some casualty to the expensive leather, “… do you know how worried I was for you, I thought I ing lost you right in front of my eyes.”

 

Park Chaeyoung is caught off guard at the sudden anger in his voice, eyes blinking widely as she turns to him a tender smile across her features, “… I’m fine Taehyung I promise.”

 

“You collapsed in the restaurant from exhaustion,” he reminds her, “… I’ve already asked your assistant and secretary to handle trivial matters and to reschedule anything that’s important. I’m not letting you go to work like this, you need to let your body rest. I’m not negotiating with you, not after I physically saw you go limp like a squid in front of my face and after the hassle I went through to get you to hospital undetected.”

 

He turns his head back onto the road, cursing under his breath, “… I can’t even look at you right now Chaeyoung. Why don’t you take your own health seriously?” 

 

“Okay,” she lets out a defeated sigh, putting her phone back into her bag before she turns to him, resting her hand on his thigh, “… you’re right, I’m sorry that I scared you and I’m really thankful that you got me medical treatment. I’ll look after myself from now on, I didn’t mean to stress you.”

 

He doesn’t respond to her words, allowing the silence between them to marinate for a few moments until they arrive in her residence. 

 

“Sit,” he commands, getting out from the car as he takes out her bags from the boot of the car before opening the door for her, holding her by the hand with his free hand as he leads her to her home. 

 

The strain atmosphere quickly dissolves as he watches her veer towards the refrigerator to reveal two popsicle sticks, handing one to him. She sits herself on the marble kitchen island and he can’t help but feel his line of vision falling to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter