Under the mistletoe

When Seungri met G-Dragon!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As soon as Seungri screamed his friends’ names, footsteps could be heard running towards him, but he couldn’t hear or feel anything. He was in so much shock that he is almost lost to the world. Everything was still. At least until his two worried friends barged into his room without knocking. One look had told them that Seungri has lost his mind. It rarely happens but it’s not a new thing…they are used to their friend being slightly wacky.

Hoon being the level-headed person had figured that whatever shocked his friend must have something to do with the phone on the velvet looking carpet and he picked it up. He gaped as he saw the message. His girlfriend who also peered at the message was cackling, probably thinking of some sort of devious ideas that may or may not give Hoon headaches to come. Nothing is ever simple with his girlfriend or his two best friends.

“Seungriya, did you give Jammy Yong your number?” Hara asked excitedly as she latched on to Seungri’s arms.

Seungri who was finally coming back to Earth after moments of numbness shook his head to indicate that he didn’t.

“So, you are going to see him again?”

“I – I don’t know…How will I though?”

“Well, you just gotta reply to him for a start”

“But – but, What do I even text?...He didn’t even remember me!”. Seungri then remembered that Jiyong had no clue who he was or at least that is what he indicated earlier. Then his feelings drastically changed from numbness to anger to confusion. Even his emotions refuse to be consistent.

“WHAT!? How bloody dare he not remember you!? I even remember him because you would NOT shut up about him when you first met him! It was Jiyong this and Jiyong that”, Hara ranted.

“I don’t know, it’s been years and he is a celeb…” Seungri replied although he himself doesn’t believe it.

“So, how did he get your number if you didn’t give it? Who did you even give your number to?”, Hoon asked trying piece whatever clue he has.

“Just Seunghyun Hyung and one of the volunteers Daesung hyung. I definitely didn’t give it to anyone else”, Seungri said wondering if one of the two gave it. Seungri from faint memory remember that Jiyong hates asking for favours and asking his number from someone would have been a big deal for YG’s golden boy so he doubted he got the number from them. He wouldn’t get it from his sister because she would have asked too much question and he hate being questioned more than anything. Who did he get it from?

“All I got from that message is that he intends to see you soon…normal people won’t sign with see you soon to someone they don’t plan to meet” Hara said as she went into deep analyse mode.

Seungri meanwhile didn’t know how much of the text is personalised and how much of it was sent to everyone. Although, a little voice in his head told him it had his name therefore it was sent just for him. The same little voice also rejoiced by the fact that he had made a lasting impression on the man he had been crushing on during his teen years. Seungri’s friends now were on the phone with Mino as they further analysed the meanings and choices of words used. Seungri swears he heard Mino asking how much he could make from selling Jiyong’s number. Sometimes he wonders what is wrong with his groups of friends. Only sometimes.

Seungri went to bed in a daze not realising he had not replied even a polite thank you message. Sleeping was a different thing entirely. It was hard to get to sleep and he kept tossing and turning on his bed. Like stated before Seungri thinking often ends in disaster not because he is stupid but because he over thinks to the point that he burns himself out. Eventually he managed to sleep from exhausting his brain from over thinking.

                                                                                                                                           (^ . ^) 

Normally Seungri wakes up late on his off days especially since he started working at the airport, but today he woke up around 5 AM. Having nothing to do, he made himself a cup of tea and sat on the door of the balcony. Staring blankly and wondering why he is so worked up over a text. He just doesn’t understand why he is so obsessed with this one man. Maybe it is the whole concept of unattainableness or perhaps Jiyong represent his innocent teenage years. He simply doesn’t know.

Seungri finally remembered that he didn’t reply to Jiyong’s text but he also knows that if he replies then something might be brewing. Is he ready to deal with it? Will he be able to handle if things go downhill? Above all, Seungri just wants to know if Jiyong recalls him from the olden days.

With a determined mind he replied to the text he received the previous night.

Hey Jiyong, it was great seeing you and thanks for letting me part of your wonderful project.

Seungri

As soon as he hit send, he regretted the tone of the message and the blandness of it. “Why didn’t I ask him a question?” “I should have at least asked how he got my number or anything that will require for him to reply”.

Before Seungri could float in his misery, his phone beeped again. Seungri eagerly hoped it was from Jiyong but it was from Daesung inviting him to the Christmas party for all the Bigbang volunteers and he really wanted him to come. Seungri contemplated on going. On one hand he wants nothing to do with Jiyong and his world. But the more curious and obsessed part of him wants nothing more than to confront Jiyong and investigate Jiyong’s odd actions. Of course, that part of him won so he replied to Daesung’s invitation positively. Even though, a teeny tiny part of him was hoping for Jiyong to invite him but something is better than nothing.

A little while later, Seungri who got fed up with his dwelling by the balcony door decided to visit ‘The Carpenter’ for an early morning breakfast. He wore his casual clothes and walked quickly towards the familiar coffee shop. As soon as he walked in, he stopped to notice that it was fairly empty, and he breathed in the smell of delicious breakfast which wafted to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter