Chapter 9: "You" In the story

The (Not so) Perfect Story

 

This chapter is really just my opinion. 

Another very common thing around here in AFF. The "You" tag.

"You" "You" "You" "You" "You" "You" "You"

It's not very creative! It's not realistic.

 

It's "You" too many!

 

What not to do:

1. You shouldn't write things like "Replace the _____ with your name." No... When I read stories, I can never, ever imagine myself in the story. First, the personality doesn't fit me, and second, that would probably never happen to me! It's alright to imagine but I don't have a creative mind to think of myself in a situation like those in stories. Maybe because I don't think of myself as 'good enough' to be in the story. Also,  AFFers here are in between the ages of eight to twenty-five? It would be hard for an eight year old to imagine themselves being pregnant with Kim Jaejoong.
[I'm not eight years old. Just clarifying.]

 

 

2. Writing the you. thing in the story doesn't make it better. Nope it doesn't. Last time I checked, I have never heard of someone named All4Music or you in the world! It makes the situation really awkward.

 [I always think of Jaejoong as a vampire...]

 

 

3. If you have the story with the "You" in it, at least write in 1st person! I know it's very hard to write in 1st person, but I really don't like seeing "You walked off" in the story a lot. "You did this, you did that."

 

 

 

Remember:

All of this is purely my opinion. Don't hurt me.

If you make up a real character with a real name, it does make the story seem more realistic. 

 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

I did the examples super quickly so sorry if it's kind of... bad.