Chapter 4: Text, Color, and Font

The (Not so) Perfect Story

 

A few different things to say in this chapter.

 

 

What not to do:

1. First off, text. I'm talking about these printed words you're reading right now and the messages you send to people on your phone. Yeah... they're different things. Don't write you're story like you're texting to your friend. It's messy and it shows that you don't have the time to type out the full word, don't really care about your story, or you don't know how to spell. If you don't know how to spell a word, at least ask someone how to spell it.

 

 

2. Don't try to make your story a color show. If you write different colors, it can be hard to read. Also, colors can change a person's mood. It's a proven fact- like how blue surpresses your appetite. So, don't write in yellow when you're writing a depressing scene.

 

 

3. Don't change your font too often. It annoys the heck out of me, I don't know about you. Looks like a kidnap letter or something.

 

 

Remember:

Don't try too hard to catch your reader's attention. Usually, it doesn't work and it makes you look... stupid. Don't treat your writing to little either. People might actually be interested in your story unlike you.