Chapter 10: Your characters/story

The (Not so) Perfect Story

 

Some authors may wonder whats wrong with their writing, and sometimes, their writing is perfectly fine.

It might be something wrong with the characters and story plot. Creativity is the key here. 

The protragonist is not always the cute, sweet, and innocent little nerd, while the antagonist is not always the school Queenka who acts like a B**** and has like a million followers.

Some stories like this are pretty boring and obvious.

-The nerd is hated by everyone.
-The Kingka finds her interesting while picking on her.
-Their relationship grows and they begin to love each other.

BALONEY.

 

What not to do:

1. Don't make your character unrealistic. Most people in the world aren't nerds that are sweet, innocent, and cute! I have never met someone like that. Really, it's just impossible. 

 

 

2. Don't push your story too much. If you don't know what I mean, I mean stories that move way to fast. It's unbelievable. Not naming names but I saw this one story with only one chapter and in that tiny little chapter, the main character meets her favorite idol and he gives her his number and invites her to his dorm. All in the same day! So unbelievable...

 

 

Remember:

Really dig in and think about your story! Be original.