Chapter 1: The Title

The (Not so) Perfect Story

 

Oh... The problem writers have when first forming a story.

 

The title.

 

You see, the title is the key point here in AFF. It's the first thing that catches the readers eyes. With an interesting title, the readers are sure to want to read your description of the story, then the story itself. 

 

What not to do:

1. Don't write something like "[Interesting title here] (I will think of a title soon)" You see? That's just telling your readers that you're not even skilled enough at writing to think of a title. Also, it wouldn't appeal to the reader because usually, the title explains a little story. If you write that, the reader will just skip it, not knowing what the story is about. 

 

 

2. Do not make the title a too fancy with all the symbols you can use on your computer. Sometimes its just hard to read and sometimes its just really annoying. Make sure your title is neat and legible. Having a few symbols on your title is alright but don't go overboard.

 

 

3. Don't make your title outrageously long. It's boring to read the whole title and you kind of explain the whole story if you do that. You wouldn't want to type that whole thing down when you're trying to advertise or something...

 

 

4. Just like number 3, don't be to obvious about your title. Writing something like "I'm SHINee's Maid!?!?" is a big no no. If you write that, the reader can already tell:

- The main character is a girl
- The girl is surprise to be SHINee's maid
- And we know its going to be something like falling in love with one of them even though shes a lowly maid.

That's a bunch of baloney.

 

 

 

Remember:

When you're writing the title, it doesn't have to be amazing. Something as simple as a word or two is good enough! I mean, look at my amazing title,  "The (Not so) Perfect story" It's catchy and simple. [-Totally Bragging-] *Ahem*

If you don't know what to write for the title, don't even think of starting the story. It shows the readers that you are unprepared. It shows that you don't plan for what you're going to write. I wouldn't read something like that.