Entry #1

He Married a Noona
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author’s POV

“Hell no!”

Said Yoona the moment Kai brought out the topic about her phantom fiancée. Yoona is a patisserie in Florence Italy. She’s working with Kai and Sinb, her best buds, who’s working in a restaurant with her. She is aware that she is already someone’s fiancée but she never took an effort on knowing that ‘guy’ besides his name, Huang RenJun. Her friends is always using that to .

“Seriously Yoona? If ever I’m your fiancée I would feel really bad about you being so irritated about me.”

Kai protested. He was just asking her about her fiancée if what could he be like and then she already reacted as if they were talking about him for hours. Sinb who is busy wrapping up a dough looks at Kai with an eyebrow raised.

“I mean… You can’t judge someone like that. You don’t even know him that much”

Kai said explaining his statement.

“Yoong, what if he looks like someone really, really hot? Would you reconsider that?”

Sinb said theorizing about his looks. Huang Renjun doesn’t have any social media accounts so even for Sinb and Kai, they doesn’t know how he looks like.

“I still can’t. I’m just trying to find the right time to tell my mom and dad. I don’t care on how he looks like. All I know is that he is one heck of a rich dude. No wonder my parents liked him”

“And he’s Chinese” added Sinb.

“Yeah, like my parents. Darn it.”

Yoona’s dad is a pure Chinese while her mom is a half. Arranged marriage is part of their culture but she still have half Korean blood so she is taking the stand to disagree. She was only 19 when her parents gave her an engagement ring from her future groom. At first, she thought they were just joking but then when her dad already mentioned her grandparents, she knew they are serious. Thinking that they might change their mind, she accepted it.

Her wedding is when she will turn 26. She was hoping that time that there will be a chance that they are going to change their mind. But now that she’s already 23, nothing has changed. They still want him to be her future groom and she’s running out of time convincing them. She gave up on that and moved to Italy to live on her own.

“You said he’s always calling you right?” said Kai.

“Neh. Only when he wanted me to represent him on a party or something. He’ll send some dress for me to use and jewelries. I feel like I don’t have freedom.”

“Why can’t you just say no to him?”

“I tried once. Mom and dad didn’t like it.”

“I can imagine your dad’s furious face right now”

Kai and Sinb, although they really haven’t seen them mad, they can tell since for every time they would have an encounter with them, they feel this tension and aura that intimidates them. Yoona understand it of course. Her family is rich while her friends doesn’t. But that fact doesn’t affect their friendship of course.  Yoona, herself is scared with her own parents.

“What if you can still convince them?” said Kai.

Yoona and Sinb looked at him.

“How?” they said.

“Date someone”

Sinb looked at Kai in an intriguing way. Sinb knew about his little crush on their best friend.  He was keeping it or rather, they are keeping it to Yoona. Sinb discovered about it when they first arrived in Florence Italy. The three of them are renting an apartment together. Every Saturday night, they would rent a movie to watch. Yoona, being such a sleeping head would always fell asleep even though the movie isn’t finish yet. Kai thought Sinb is also asleep one Saturday night that they watc

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter