Eight

Fall

"Lets go on a trip!"

 

"We have a mid year test on going, Chae. I know you aced it one way or another but I cannot." Haechan said while playing with his phone.

 

"After the test, ." Chae rolled her eyes.

 

"I have to ask my dad first." Miyu nodded while mixing the mixture of clear glue and contacts solution.

 

"Where to though?" Jaemin asked as he poke the slime weirdly.

 

"The beach!" Chae exclaimed.

 

"Meh, too cliché." Haechan said earning a glare from her.

 

"How about we go to that lantern festival at Mount Euria?" Jaemin suggests.

 

"Sounds boring." Haechan sighed. Jaemin and Chae groaned.

 

"So what do you suggest Mr Donghyuck?" Chae asked.

 

"Donghyuck?" Miyu tilted her head.

 

"I got two names because I'm cool like that." Haechan grinned at her. She just chuckled.

 

"Disneyland!" Haechan shows his phone to the three friends. Chae squealed.

 

"And that's not cliché for you?" Jaemin shook his head.

 

"For our age? Nah man. Naaaah."

 

"Disneyland is fun." Jaemin said agreeing with Haechan's suggestion.

 

"Alright! Miyu is fine with it too right?" Chae asked.

 

"What?" Miyu asked as she smiled sheepishly.

 

"I was too into it~ see its a slime!" She exclaimed while stretching it.

The trio held back their aww's.

 

"We are going to Disneyland, princess." Jaemin bopped her nose.

 

"Ah Disneyland? okay." Miyu touched her nape briefly before putting the slime in a container.

 

"You don't sound excited.. We could change the destination if you want." Chae said worriedly. Miyu shook her head almost immediately.

 

"No-no. I'm okay with Disneyland. I just kind of.... scared of the heights so as long as I stay on the ground while you guys go to scary activities, I'm good." Miyu scratched her neck.

 

"You make me want to bring you to a rollercoaster ride." Haechan smirked playfully. Miyu looked at him warily.

 

"Sadist." Chae stuck her tongue out at him.

 

"Ya, sadist." Jaemin joined Chae as he hugged Miyu's head protectively.

 

 

 

Miyu arrived at school feeling air headed. She sniffed as she hugged her cardigan closer to her.

 

Then she saw Jisung walking straight to a lamp pole. She cant help but to giggle at his silliness.

 

"Are you okay?" She asked still laughing as she took the book that was on the ground and gave it to him.

 

"I think so?" The boy rubbed his forehead to sooth the pain and smiled sheepishly at her.

 

"Umm, you have a little scratch there.." Miyu pointed at his forehead.

 

"Oh?" He absentmindedly touched his forehead. Miyu rummages through her bag.

 

"Here.." She carefully put a bandaid on the scratch. Jisung looked at her as she plaster it on.

 

Miyu stifled a laugh when shes done.

 

"W-what?"

 

"You rock dolphin bandaid, Jisung." 

 

Jisung chuckled and just shook his head as he ruffles his hair down.

 

"What subject do you have today?" Miyu asked to keep the conversation going as she remembers what Jaemin had taught her.

 

If the other person is not saying anything, try bring up a question to change to the subject.

 

"History.." Jisung grimaced.

 

"You?" He added while walking to the classroom together with Miyu.

 

"Mathematics. You don't like History I assume." Miyu said completely oblivious of the stares of envy given by other girls.

 

"I get sleepy.. but I kinda want to score this one." He sighed.

 

"Its not that bad, you just have to memorise them and make it interesting. That way, you can understand them better."

 

"Im guessing that you're a good student?"

 

Miyu looked down.

 

"Ah, well I have to. My dad is a doctor so he wanted me to become one too." Miyu said softly.

 

Jisung looked at her briefly.

 

"Do you want to?"

 

"Aren't you going to class?" Miyu asked avoiding the question as they passed his class.

 

"Nah, I want to walk you to your class." Jisung shrugged.

 

"You were worried about History just now, aren't you suppose to revise them?" Miyu chuckled.

 

"I like talking to you better." Jisung said tucking his hand in his pocket.

 

"Really? Thats a first." Miyu said surprised.

 

"Yeah, its calming in a way. Why?"

 

"I am really bad at talking." Miyu mused.

 

"No you're not." Jisung said seriously. Miyu smiled at him.

 

"Thanks."

 

"Well then, good luck Jisung." Miyu said as she arrived to her classroom. He touched his neck briefly and nodded.

 

"You too."

 

Miyu was about to turned around when Jisung held her back.

 

"Hm?"

 

"Ah.. Nothing. I forgot what I want to say." He said as he ruffles his hair before walking away.

 

"Why do boys like messing with their hair for no reason..so fluffy." Miyu muttered as she took her seat.

 

 

 

Chae sighed loudly as she lay down on Miyu's lap at the rooftop bench. Miyu played with her hair.

 

"Is it that hard?"

 

"Ani. Literature was easy as pie." She made an ok 👌🏼 sign.

 

"Did that jerk bother you again?" Miyu asked worriedly.

 

"Nah, I flat out rejected him in front of all the people in this school. It's just that I'm......." She trailed off.

 

"You want a boyfriend huh?"

 

"Bingo."

 

"When the time comes, Chae. I'm sure there is one out there for you."

Chae giggled.

 

"You sounded like Haechan there, Miyu."

 

Miyu smiled as she leaned back.

 

"Haechan said that too?"

 

"Yeah, I actually took him serious for a second."

 

"Boys are weird, don't ya think?" Chae sat propping up her legs, hugging them to her chest.

 

"How so?"

 

"They sometimes tell the truth but also tell lies."

 

Miyu laughed.

 

"Aren't all humans like that?"

 

Chae groaned.

 

"I don't know how to put it in words.."

 

Miyu put her hand under her chin, thinking.

 

"They do things that affect others but completely oblivious of their action."

 

"Yes!"

 

"Girls are the same, I think." Miyu wondered. Chae sighed.

 

"Why are you guys looking depressed?" Jaemin poked Chae with his bread stick.

 

"Where did you get that bread?!"

 

"The cafeteria?" Jaemin said in a matter of fact.

 

Chae jolted up and ran to the door, down the stairs leaving the two.

 

"What's up with her?" Jaemin shook his head amusingly.

Miyu just shrugged.

 

Jaemin sat beside her as he ate the bread happily.

 

"I thought you were lactose intolerant?" Miyu looked at him warily.

 

"I am but this bread is different. Want some?"

 

Miyu was about to take them but he pulled back, grinning.

 

"You really like to pull food away from me huh." She pouted.

 

"Secuteeee" Jaemin squished her face.

 

"Yah, Na Jaemwin."

 

"Yes princess?"

 

Miyu swatted his hands away.

 

"You're hyper today, its weird." She wrapped her muffler to hid her burning cheeks.

 

"Did you forgot your hot packs again? Jeez, wait here. I'll lend you mine." Jaemin mused her hair before walking back to the door.

 

"You don't have to-"

 

"Its okay. I'm hot anyways." He winked.

 

Miyu blinked a few times leaning back to the seat, holding to her heart.

 

"Why is he doing this to me..."