One

Fall

The wind blows strong that day.

Probably because of Fall season is about to come.

Yellow and brown leaves fall down the trees creating a magnificent view for students to see while walking to school.

Students are dressed in comfortable sweaters above their school uniforms.

Some wear scarfs and muffler.

Miyu sneezed as she walks to the school entrance along with the other students.

I should wear my hoodies tomorrow.

Miyu halted when a warm mufflers were wrapped along her neck.

Surprised by the sudden move, Miyu turned around facing whoever put it on her.

 

 

"Its cold nowadays. Wear something warmer tomorrow ok?"

Before she could reply, another student called out the boy.

 

 

"Yo Jaemin! Hurry up, we re going to miss the club meeting!"

 

 

"Alright alright" The boy replied and turned to look at Miyu.

 

 

"See ya" he smiled at her before catching up with his friends. Miyu was dumbfounded for a second before she continues walking.

 

He is the first person who talks to me so casually. 
How nice to be surrounded by friends.

 

She thought before gripping to her bag.
Maybe school this year is going to be different.

 

Brrrrrrrrinnnnng

The bell rings announcing lunch break for the day. 
Students flood out their classes to get food and hanging out with friends.

She noticed a lot of students flock around Jaemin at the cafeteria.

He so popular. How can someone be so friendly?

As usual, Miyu walks to the rooftop with her bento in hand.

 

"Hey, thats her right?"

"She is so pretty"

"Its better to not talk to her"

"She is so intimidating. she barely talks and rarely smiles."

 

Miyu grew accustomed to this treatment by the other students ever since she transfer here.

Nobody even dared to talk to her and she doesnt even know why at first.

Not until one day, her classmate was annoyed by her demeanor and said that she is too intimidating and it makes other students uncomfortable of her.

2 years had passed and this year is going to be the final year before she graduate.

She became the wallflower.

Beautiful but all alone.
 

=============================================================================================

 

The rooftop was quiet as she was the only person who likes to eat there.

She smiles at the sight of the town view. 
Fall was her favorite season.

She sat at her usual spot and began eating silently while her mind wandering off on its own.

 

Why can I just talk to them? I wanted to be friends. 
Im scared.
Im not intimidating at all.

 

"If you wanted to talk, just talk. Im sure they dont mind."

 

Miyu turned her head abruptly that she nearly drop her favorite bread.

"Did I said it outloud..?"

 

"Yeah. Super loud though. You woke me up" Jaemin said with a serious face.

 

"I-im sorry, I ddnt mean to-"

 

"Nah, Im just joking." Jaemin laughed while getting down from his spot and sat beside her.

Miyu frowned while munching on her bread.

 

"But I am serious when I said you should talk if you wanted to."

 

"....Its not that simple." Miyu said almost pouting.

 

"Try" Jaemin said shrugging off.

 

"Im not like you..?" Miyu tilt her head realizing she doesnt know what was his name.

 

"Its Jaemin."

 

"You wont know until you try Miyu. Or you just dont want to." He added.

 

Miyu frowned. "You dont know me."

 

"Oh Im pretty sure I can get the idea of how you are." Jaemin looked at her.

 

"No. You dont" Miru sighed as she packed her lunch and stood up from her spot.

Jaemin watch her walk back. No,she was stomping her way back.

 

"..... what an interesting person."

 

=============================================================================================

 

Who does he think he is?  He barely knows me and only starts talking to me literally a second ago. Just because he is so outgoing and lively, doesnt mean everyone else can too.

Miyu grumble as she sat down at her seat not noticing the stares shes getting.

"She looks mad. Did someone talk to her?"

Miyu paused.

Yes. Why am I mad? 

She touched Jaemin's muffler briefly on her neck and shook her head.

So warm..

 

=============================================================================================

 

Jaemin rubs his eyes as he starting to feel cold from the strong wind. 

 

"Ah, I slept for too long. I missed two classes." He chuckled looking at his watch and stretched out feeling sore due to sleeping on the hard floor.

 

"Ow ow." He felt strained and sighed. He stood up from the floor and return to his next class. Hopefully, the science teacher wont nag him too much.

 

Jaemin knocks on the class door before plastering a smile to the science teacher.

 

"Hi, Mrs Yoon. Sorry im late."

 

"The class is about to end, Jaemin. Where have you been? What do I tell you about skipping classes? " Mrs Yoon starts to nag.

 

"But Mrs Yoon, Jaemin's grade is too good even if he doesnt attend class. Just let him be ~" One of the student said batting her eye to Jaemin.

 

"Sigh, yes it is a relief that his grade is splendid. I let you slide this time. But no more skipping class alright?" Mrs Yoon said sternly.

 

Even though thats what she said, Jaemin always get away with it anyways.

Jaemin grinned at Mrs Yoon before taking his seat.

He winced. His back is throbbing awhile ago and starting to feel pain. Jaemin make a mental note to self.

Dont sleep too long on the floor.

Its time for him to get a medical checkup again.

 

=====================================================================================================================

 

The sky is starting to darken as the sun was ready to set. It gave a golden touch to everything that makes it breath taking to look at.

School ended and students are making their way home with friends.

 

Miyu walks silently to the hospital with heavy steps. She hates being in the hospital.

The smell of antiseptic. Weak patients. Crying relatives. Busy atmosphere.

It makes her uncomfortable but what can she do? Her father owns the hospital and was the Doctor. With a heavy sigh, she stepped into the hospital.

 

"Miss Miyu, welcome back." One of the nurses smiled at her as she saw Miyu.

 

Miyu bowed politely before she goes into her father's room.

 

 

"Jaemin-ah, how many times do I have to remind you to be more cautious? If its become unbearable, you might have to stay in the hospital." A middle age doctor said as he sat on his chair facing Jaemin.

 

"I know ahjusshi. I ddnt realize I was sleeping on the rooftop. The wind is so nice. I promise I'll be more cautious next time. Besides, staying in the hospital is not that bad." Jaemin grinned shrugging his shoulders.

 

Dr Nakamoto shakes his head at Jaemin's carefree excuse, knowing he is unable to reason with Jaemin. This kid is too positive for his own good!

 

The door opened as Miyu stepped into the room looking at her shoes not bothering to greet her father. She plopped on one of the armchair near the window and stares out, watching leaves fall gracefully.

 

"Miyu, my lovely daughter? How was school today?" her father stood up from his chair to his daughter. 

 

"It was okay." She said weakly not noticing Jaemin watching her, amused by her lack of attention.

 

"Ahjusshi, I'll get going first. Thank you for checking me." Jaemin stood up tucking his hand in his pockets.

 

"Ah yes. Jaemin, boy please be more cautious next time. You will get tired of seeing me too much." Dr Nakamoto teased patting his back. Jaemin chuckled before nodding.

 

Miyu paused. Jaemin? She glanced to her father and the boy. Her eyes widened after she saw Jaemin standing looking at her. 

 

How long has he been in here?

 

"Ever since you walked in here. See you at school Miyu." Jaemin winked at her, walking out of the Dr's room.

 

Again, How can he read my mind?!

 

"Thats because you are too easy to read,  daughter." Her father mused her hair before getting back to his work.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jaemin is too cute for his own good. *Sigh intently in every languages.*

squuuueezing my brain juice