Six

Fall

 

The festival

"Guess what guess what guess what?!" Chae jumped up and down happily while Miyu can only smiled at her hyper friend.

 

"What monkey-chae?" Jaemin said teasingly joining her.

 

"Remember that dude that sings for our school band? He asked me out!" Chae said giddily hugging Miyu in the process trying to contain her excitement.

 

"Oh. That guy?" Jaemin said disinterestedly. Miyu nudged him, shaking her head.

 

"When?" Miyu asked patting her back.

 

"After his performance just now. He was singing while looking at me. Isn't he romantic?" Chae batted her eyelash.

 

"Right, have you seen Haechan? He should be here by now." Jaemin asked ignoring her to which she rolled her eyes.

 

"Probably finding his crush. That dude cheeky. Anyways see you guys in a bit. I got a date!" Chae said before running off to the backstage.

 

"What do you mean 'that guy' just now? Is he not okay?" Miyu asked looking at Jaemin.

 

"Nah. I feel bad for Haechan but honestly.. he should know this would happen sooner or later." said Jaemin. She nodded.

 

"Can we go there? I think I saw cotton candy." Miyu tugged on Jaemin sleeve.

 

"Sure." Jaemin smiled linking arms with Miyu while walking to the cotton candy stand.

 

"You're actually scared to buy them yourself aren't you?"

 

"Help me?" Miyu said looking up at him while smiling sheepishly. He paused when he felt his chest tightened.

 

"That hurts." Jaemin pinched her cheeks.

 

"Hm?" Miyu asked looking at him weirdly but soon swatted his hand away and greets the person behind the stall.

 

"Hello Jisung." Miyu smiled softly. Jaemin put his arm around her on reflex. The boy nodded at her.

 

"Hey. What flavor do you want?" Jisung asked while twirling the candy professionally.

 

"Woah, you're pretty good at this." Miyu said looking at him in awe.

 

"Yeah, I used to help my cousin sell this thing back in the city." Jisung chuckled.

 

"It seems fun." Miyu grinned at him.

 

"Wanna try?" Jisung asked but Jaemin cut him off.

 

"Nope, she has to go with me. Melon flavored one please." He said quickly, holding onto her arm. Miyu looked at him warily.

 

"Miyu?" Jisung asked again.

 

"Yeah we would like to share." Jaemin said smiling cheekily.

 

"But-"

 

"Nope."

 

Miyu sighed not wanting to argue with weird Jaemin.

 

But blueberry seems tasty.. Its blue! She thought to herself, eyeing the blue coloured fluff in Jisung's hand.

 

Jaemin paid Jisung as he take the candy and waddled away, dragging Miyu who was feeling....blue.

 

She waved Jisung weakly, still eyeing the candy. Jisung cant help but to laugh at her behaviour.

 

"Cute, but whats his deal?" He shook his head looking at the two retreating figure.
 

Miyu huffed as she plopped down to the grass. Jaemin laughed as he ruffles her hair playfully, plopping down beside her.

 

They sat comfortably at the school open garden area. There were a few students sitting near casually hanging out.

 

"I am very aware that you can walk fast but don't drag me into it." Miyu said making a face at him.

 

"What do you mean? You're pretty tall too ya know. Put that long legs into work." Jaemin said eating the cotton candy.

 

Miyu leaned to get some of it but Jaemin playfully pulled back, keeping the candy out of her reach.

 

"You said you wanted to share..." Miyu pouted.

 

"Work. For. It." Jaemin stuck his tongue out at her, getting up from the grass.

 

"No~ I dont want to play catch with you." Miyu pulled his arm back but sighh guess what?

 

She pulled too hard.

 

"Man, that was some strength you have." Jaemin chuckled as he rubbed his forehead. Miyu groaned, rubbing hers too.

 

Yes, they bumped heads. Hard.

 

"Are you okay? Im sorry.." Miyu asked massaging Jaemin's forehead softly.

 

Jaemin look up at her and realized that they were too close with each other. He stiffened when his stomach did a flip inside, he nodded.

 

Jaemin smiled to himself.

 

"Are you sure? Want me to buy you ice packs?" Miyu asked again looking at his eyes.

 

"I'm good I'm good." Jaemin plaster his iconic teeth smile, holding her hands that were on both side of his face.

 

"Umm Jaemin?"

 

"Yeah?"

 

"Did you.... drop the candy?"

 

"Oh."

 

Miyu sighed burying her face in her hands. Jaemin patted her back assuringly.

 

"There there, Fate doesn't want you to eat it."

 

"Miyu?"

 

Miyu and Jaemin looked up to the source of voice. She stood up as the person came to her.

 

"Hey. Break time?" Miyu asked.

 

"Cotton candies got sold out so I am free to roam around..and here I thought you would like it one for you." Jisung said giving the blue fluffy cotton candy to her.

 

"Thankyou, I wanted this one." Miyu smiled holding the candy in awe. Jaemin watched her with his lips pursued.

 

"I guess fate does want you to eat cotton candy." He sighed. Miyu shrugged at him.

 

"Is blueberry your favourite flavour?" Jisung asked to which she shook her head.

 

"I just like the colour blue. It looked attractive to me."

Jisung nodded his head looking around.

 

"Well, see you around then." He waved at them before stepping away.

 

"Wow, you're that happy." Jaemin rolled his eyes laying down to the grass.

 

"Its blue!" Miyu exclaimed plopping herself back down to the grass beside him.

 

"Yeah yeah. I think he likes you." Jaemin said closing his eyes.

 

Miyu hummed as she took pictures of it as she held it high to the clear blue sky.

 

"No way."

 

"What?"

 

"You like him too?" Jaemin said opening his eyes looking at her.

 

"Yeah sure. Hes not hard to like him." Miyu said pulling a big fluff from the candy and handed it to Jaemin's mouth.

The boy looked at her disbelievingly while opening his mouth.

 

"He.. I don't feel awkward around him even though I just know him." Miyu thought deeply.

 

"I mean.. hes pretty cool. Don't you think so?" She added looking at him seriously.

 

Jaemin sighed loudly as he stood up. Miyu raised her eyebrows.

 

"Yeah he is. Im going to find Haechan." He walked away to the school cafeteria.

 

"What am I suppose to do now?" Miyu balked as she looked around the crowd. She winced when loud screams filled the air. The crowd sang along with the band cheerfully lighting up the mood.

 

She stood up walking to the stage area scanning through the crowd to see any familiar faces.

 

Jaemin.. Chae... Haechan...

Jisung?

 

He was standing alone watching the performance, nodding along with the beat.

His eyes met hers when he turned around and gestured for her to come to him.

 

Miyu was about to walk to him but halted when a person pulled her wrist.

 

"Don't go to him."