Two

Fall

 

Miyu was eating peacefully at the rooftop. Her mind wander off as she stares at the town in front of her. It has been 3 years since she moved to this small town yet she cant get bored of the breathtaking view. That is one of the reason she chose to sit here during lunch break.

She was to occupied wandering off, she didnt realize Jaemin had sat beside her and took one of her sushi until she heard a pleasant sigh besides her.

 

"....Is that mine?"

 

"Yeah. Its so good though. Where did you buy it?"

 

Miyu balked at his carefree attitude while eating HER lunch. Is this guy serious?

 

"Hey,seriously though. I want it too."

 

".......I made it."

 

"Ehhh make one for me tomorrow." Jaemin said taking a last bite and lay down beside her.

 

Miyu watched him close his eyes probably drifting to sleep. She suddenly remember what her father told her the other day.

 

"Hey. I thought my dad said to not lay on the floor. Your back hurts right?" Miyu said worriedly. Even though she seemed cold hearted and different from her friendly father who is always warm and fuzzy, she still has his traits.

 

Jaemin abrubtly stood up looking at confused Miyu with his sudden move. He squat down to look at her evenly. "Thats non of your concern, little lady."

 

"....Im just saying.."

 

He stood up and backed away, heading to the stairs. Miyu was left confused. She blinked trying to process everything. What is wrong with him..?

Jaemin stopped at the stairs and turned to look at her. He smiled before getting back to her and took another sushi from her hand.

 

"Lets make a deal." He said brushing of a leave that stuck on Miyu's hair.

 

"..Why?" She tilt her head even more confused staring at her now empty hand.

 

"I will help you step out of your shell and teach you to be friends with people, you have to make me bento everyday and keep my condition a secret. Deal?"

 

"Making bento everyday is a little..." Miyu trailed off not liking the deal.

 

"Hmm, then every Wednesday." Jaemin continue eating her bento. Miyu frowned at the sight. That was her last sushi.

 

"....Alright." Miyu sighed in defeat knowing that Jaemin probably has made up his mind anyways.

 

"Cool." Jaemin smiled in triumph as if he had won a lottery. Miyu looked away fiddling the hem of her skirt.

 

The bell rang and she packed her stuff before she stood up. "I need to get to class.." She walked away taking down the steps.

Miyu put her hand on her chest as she walked to the class hurriedly. What is this feeling?

The students were right.. His smile is contagious.

 

Bump      Crash       Gasp

 

Miyu gasped as she bumped into a person in the hallway. She always looking at her shoes when she was walking and now she payed the price.

Her bento box dropped on the ground. Luckily, Jaemin had finished them earlier... If not, its going to be a mess.

Her eyes widened as she remembered she did bumped into someone. She looked up abruptly, a little worried she would get scolded by the person.

 

"I-Im sorry. I didnt watch where I was going-"

 

"Oh my god. Its totally fine. I wasnt looking either. I am really sorry Miyu. Your lunch is going to be fine right? Are you okay?" The girl with a bright red hair look all flustered and panicking.

She looked as if a little distracted as she picked up Miyu's bento box and hugged it. This girl is weird, its funny.

 

"Its fine, its fine. Im at fault too. B-but how do you know my name?" She stuttered and bowed slightly to apologize. The girl bowed too as Miyu did, mirrored her move a little too fast, she bumped head with Miyu.

 

"Gosh, Im so sorry!! Im such a clutz." She panicked again. Miyu almost let out a laugh at her behavior. Miyu gave a little small smile that anyone can barely see and tucked her hair behind her ear.

 

"Um, I better hurry... the class is about to start." She started while again fiddles with the hem of her skirt out of habit. The girl gasped loudly when she looked at her watch.

 

"Oh! yes yes. My name is Kim Chaerin by the way. We were in the same class last year." She smiled sheepishly. Miyu tilted her head as she tries to remember her classmates.

 

Oh! The girl who won the sports day last year.

 

"I remember now. Im sorry for not recognizing you..." Miyu trailed off, no idea what to say next.  Chaerin looked like she wanted to say something but she waved the thought away and gave her a bow.

 

"Well, s-see you around."

 

"Ah, yes. See you, Miyu... oooh that rhymed." Chaerin said walking to her class, oblivious of the bento box shes holding.

 

Miyu on the other hand is getting all excited by the fact that she talk and had a pleasant conversation to someone for the first time ever like a high school student unaware that her bento box is taken.

 

Jaemin stood at the vending machine smiling to himself while he watched everything just held between Miyu and Chaerin. He doesnt even know why he was smiling. Chaerin and Miyu as friends? That will be a weird friendship of the year! Chaerin is the opposite of Miyu. While Miyu gave a cold city, lovely girl vibe, Chaerin is always bright and bubbly but a little boyish.

 

I guess.. Miyu is not as bad as I thought she would be.

Not bad, Miyu.

=============================================================================================

 

The next day..

 

Today was a bit warm so the students of Gakou High starts wearing their usual uniform. The warm sun gave a lovely sight of sun kissed town.

Miyu was walking to the school when she heard someone called her. She paused and turned to search whoever had called her. She narrowed her eyes when she realized that it was Jaemin. She knows what does he want. Bento box.

 

"Wait up, Mi-ow." Jaemin grinned at her as he held out his hand  to her. Miyu just stared blankly at his hand to which he let out a hurtful gasp.

 

"Dont tell me, you didnt do one for me?"

 

"I-i was a little busy.. I didnt even make one for myself.." Miyu trailed off looking at him innocently hoping he would shrug it off.

 

"You owe me two bento box now, Mi-oow."

 

Before Miyu could reply, Chaerin came running over almost crashing to her again. Jaemin smiled at the sight.

 

"Ssup clumsy head."

 

"Hey shine bright like a diamond dude. Miyu! Do you want to go to this new bakery in town after school? I want to pay back the lunch I ruined. Look!"

 

Chaerin totally blocked Jaemin out as she shoved a pamphlet to Miyu for her to see. Miyu blinked and took it.

She ask me to hang out after school!

 

"Y-yeah sure! But that lunch box was empty so you dont have to pay me back." Miyu said looking down unsure what to say.

 

Jaemin held her head and tilt it to look up again. "Look at them when you're talking. Eye contact is crucial." He whispered.

 

"Hey! What did you say to her, nana?" Chaerin said pouting.

 

"Im going too with you guys." Jaemin stuck his tongue out  before getting to school first leaving Miyu and Chaerin to walk together. He gave Miyu a little pat on her shoulder encouraging her to talk.

 

"If hes going, Im gonna have to invite that guy too" Chaerin sighed as she linked arms with Miyu.


"Im sorry Miyu. Its suppose to be a girls day only."

 

"Its okay." Miyu was beyond happy at this point. She felt like shes on cloud nine.

 

Students watched as the two walked together. It is definitely pleasing to look at.

Miyu's light auburn loose wavy hair and Chaerin's bright red hair that is tied to a high ponytail looked as if it sparkles in the blazing sun. 

Who would have thought, the two utterly different person would become friends all so naturally.