Three

Fall

"Hand me your phone." Jaemin started to which Chae squinted her eyes at him suspiciously.

 

"Why?" Miyu asked.

 

"Friends have each other's phone numbers." Jaemin said as a matter of fact. Chae took out her phone quickly and shoved it onto Miyu's hand.

 

"Mine first!"

 

Miyu handed her phone to Jaemin while she key in her number in Chae's phone like a happy toddler.

 

They were walking to the bakery cafe and Miyu tried hard containing her excitement. The town was peaceful and familiar faces can be seen, greeting the high school students along the way.

 

"Haechanie!" Chaerin suddenly yelled out almost causing Miyu getting a heart attack. Jaemin grinned besides her.

 

"Hey hey" the boy replied fist bumping with Jaemin. "And Im guessing you are Miyu?"

 

"Hello." Miyu greets back as they walk to the bakery.

 

"If you watch closely, those two is like having 'some' relationship but not really." Jaemin started. Miyu raised her brows making an 'O' face.

 

"He does look at her in a different way though."

 

"Ay, you actually have a great observing skill huh. Well yeah, he likes her but knowing him.. its depressing to wait for them to become a thing." Jaemin sighed deeply.

 

"Hurry up you two! We are ordering and Im only buying for my Miyu." Chaerin said winking at Miyu. 


>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

 

"Gah, Im so full" Chaerin whined as she walk a little too unladylike.

 

"Walk properly red head." Haechan poke her side. The girl stick out her tongue at him.

 

"See~ It wasnt so bad isnt it? You are a natural." Jaemin said. They were walking behind Chaerin and Haechan around the town mall and stopped by the arcade.

 

"Let see if you can beat me this time!"

 

"You know I will ya noob."

 

The two latter  bickered on a game while Miyu silently eyed the stuffed dinosaur in the clawing machine. Jaemin chuckled looking at her.

 

"You are so easy to read. I dont get why other people cant see through you. You like stuffed animal huh?"

 

"They are so adorable." Miyu said distractedly. The dinosaur is practically calling for her. She timidly inserted the token and aim for the dark red dinosaur.

 

I want you so bad.

 

Jaemin watched her focusing her entire attention to the clawing machine trying to get the stuffed animal. It is very entertaining to watch.

 

She looks like a cat eyeing a fish in a pond. Oh. She dropped it.

 

Jaemin can see the sadness plastered on her face. Somehow he felt it too. Disappointed, Miyu walked to the other two, watching them battling. 

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"Look at all the tickets I got." Chaerin said proudly. Haechan snorted at her and brags about his tickets.
They are waiting to get their prizes at the arcade while Jaemin and Miyu waited outside.

 

"Here." Jaemin put the dinosaur on her hand. Her eyes widened and hold it in her arms.

 

"Y-you managed to get it and youre giving it to me? Really really?" Miyu said with her eyes almost sparking.

 

"Yeah. You seems to like it more than I do." Jaemin smiled brightly. Miyu paused.

 

"You are not going to make another deal are you..?"  Miyu eyed him suspiciously. Jaemin made a face at her.

 

"Hey try to smile will ya? People are scared of you because of that 'rbf' you have going on 24/7. Now smileeeee or I take that animal back."

Miyu forced out a smile which caused Jaemin to laughed his heart out. Miyu frowned.

 

I swear to god this boy.

 

"You call that a smile? Lets try again. Smile for me pleaseee." Jaemin pinched her cheeks and stretched it to make a smile on her face. More like squishing.

"Hihi~"

"Hi hi hi~"

 

"Those two are really close with each other huh? Im jelly." Chaerin and Haechan watched the scene unfold amusingly.

 

"Its weird though. Seeing Jaemin being chummy with a girl." Haechan slung his arm on her shoulder, walking to the two weirdos laughing in an odd way.

 

"Hey odd couple get a room!"

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Jaemin nudged Miyu to say whats on her mind when they parting ways with the others. Miyu fidgeted.

 

"Um. Thanks for inviting me to hang out. This is my first time hanging out with a friend after school..." Miyu looked at Chaerin expectantly while the girl was beaming at her.

 

"No problem! I always wanted to go out with you. Text me a lot ok?" Chaerin hugged her. They bid goodbyes with each other and went on their separate ways though Chae and Haechan walked together since they live in the same neighbourhood.

 

Miyu turned back to look at Jaemin. He tilted his head wondering what does she wanted to say.

 

"Thanks Jaemin. You really helped me a lot and for this too. See you!" Miyu said giving him a full genuine smile, waving her stuffed dinosaur before walking back to the hospital.

 

Jaemin paused and smiled to himself.

 

"... she does know how to smile."