Episode 7: Don't Mess with Bae

My unrequited Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Wendy’s PoV

 

Hmn. Something’s wrong here.

 

I gulped my saliva and ponder to myself; what’s making me all worked up for no reason?

 

Let me elaborate.

 

Today's Tuesday. Like any normal school days, my school allowed students to wear any casual smart clothes for only Tuesday and Thursday.

 

The rules of etiquettes regarding on our attires are also simple. Nothing y or revealing, and just making sure we wear simple clothes with collar plus with long pants; with NO jeans. Smart attires are optional too.

 

I’m used to seeing my schoolmates wearing smart attires to school but today. . . It seem so far-fetched.

 

 

Why can’t I keep my heart beat in check? It’s really unusual. It has never happened before.

 

 

For a simple yet elegant attire, I find her rather endearing, as if she’s so dazzling with her waistline figure coming to light. And I even find myself even creepier when I keep having my eyes locked on her the whole damn period. It’s distracting me. And even hair seems to be perfect and I can’t help but to admire her. She’s too beautiful for words and here I am, feeling like I’m going to melt into a puddle.

 

Why is this happening?!!

 

 

I mean, Joy’s pretty and Seulgi was cute. I’ve seen them wearing smart attire too; classy or sometimes cute but it never gets to me like the way Irene is pulling my heart strings now. She wears a beautiful short sleeve black sweater accompanied by high waist denim skirt with reaches her ankles. Her effortless beauty, with a baby face and perfect symmetry structure nose and lips. . .Everything about her is a total distraction.

 

Ah. I wonder can anyone hear this tiny heart of mine; the irregularities of the beat of my heart, pumping so hard as if an imaginary hand is grasping onto it.

 

I gritted my teeth, biting my lower lips to bear with this intensifying bewilderment of thoughts. I could hear them; every veins that extends throughout my body, the echoes of my heart pounding rapidly.

 

Calm down, my heart. It’s only Irene; your best friend whom you admired. But then again, I find it odd that she’s wearing in this sort of attire. She usually wears cloths with collars and jeans if not, just simple t-shirt would do too. Maybe I’m not used seeing her wearing like that.

 

I take another few deep breaths to ease my raging heart which seems like a damsel in distress.

 

After calming myself, I try to pull myself together and continued listening to my teacher’s lecture.

 

I took a final glimpse again, looking at her a little while, watching her eyes seemingly so serious as she jotted down the notes while the teacher is discussing on the topic of the day. She’s so . . . STOP! Enough admirations and continue study, Wendy!

 

It’s all in your head! Why am I even in this state of being pitiful, riling up over her different approach of clothing today. It’s more ridiculous when I think about it.

 

FOCUS Wendy! Eyes on your future career only. I nod to myself enthusiastically, convincing myself to get over myself.

 

 

 

 

 

“Oi. Wendy right?”

 

 

I raised my eyebrow, halting myself from doing my homework.

 

 

It was recess period and everyone’s out to buy their lunch. Today in particular, Joy and Irene are busy with their club activities. So it’s just me today.

 

 

As I looked up, a guy’s standing in front of my desk with a stern look on her face. He seem quite. . .pissed? Or did I misjudged him?

 

 

“Yes? How can I help you?”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Stay away from Irene.”

 

 

“Pardon?” I scrunched my eyebrow in astonishment.

 

 

“Fatty, it seems your Korean isn’t good enough. If you can’t understand my language, you shouldn’t even be in this school.” He clicked his tongue, glaring at me like he planned to gauge my eyes out.

 

 

Ouch. That hurts. Okay. . . I’m beyond puzzled. Did I do something wrong here?

 

 

“What do you mean?” I sighed heavily. This boy seems like he has nothing important to discuss with me. Plus there’s a group of boys standing guard outside of the classroom. So it’s just me and him.

 

 

“I said, STAY away from Irene, dyke.”

 

 

My eyes widen and they’re probably larger then my tea cup saucers. I can feel my heart hammering in my chest, leaving me rooted to the ground.  A part of me feels as if a sharp knife pierce though the bare flesh of my skin.

 

“Why are you calling me like that?” I frown.

 

 

“Because you’re an eyesore. Stop hogging Irene, hugging her and holding her hand out in public intimately. It’s disgusting that you keep on doing that. Because of you, Irene’s name has been tarnished, you lesbo!”

 

 

I blinked my eyes, calming myself as I tried to speak with much rational that’s left within me. “Its just a casual thing between girl-friends. Why does it got to do with us being lesbian?” I confronted him with a firm tone. 

 

 

“She’s not for you to touch. Irene is someone not for a commoner like you.”

 

It’s true that I’ve always initiate those touches but she’s not against on it though. Plus I’ve never bear any ill intentions towards Irene before.

 

Twitching my eyes, I feel a little overwhelmed. “Where did you even get this idea? I didn’t do anything to you nor do I know you and your buddies. Besides even if I’m not a lesbian, I find it rude that you’re disrespecting queer people like that. You have no right to tell someone what to do either.”

 

He shoved me harshly, causing my body to loose my balance as I fall down on my knees, leaving an unfamiliar iron taste at the end of my taste buds.  

 

 

“You dumb dyke, do you not understand language? Keep your distance from her. Seeing you pisses me off.” He snarled.

 

 

“Are you like that towards Seulgi and others?” I glared at him, feeling like I’m about to punch him in the face if he’s trying to invade my friends’ private life.

 

 

 

“They’re not lesbian, unlike you.”

 

 

 

Why this person keeps on emphasising me as a lesbian?

 I steeled myself up. “What if I say no?”

 

 

Out of the blue, he slapped my face roughly. I gasped in shock as the stinging pain is pulsating at my cheeks.

 

 

I won’t have any grudge on this guy because he’s clearly not worth of my damn time.

 

“Then I’ll tell everyone about your stolen diary page.” He threatened.

 

 

 

This immediately caught me off guard. The missing page of my dairy page was in his hands and this boiled my blood even more. “How did you even get that? I’ve always left my belongings in my classroom. Unless you enter our classroom and look at our belonging without our consent.” I fired back, gladly returning him a glare in the eye.

 

 

“You don’t need to know dyke. Since you know, don’t come near to her. If you keep getting close to her, I’ll exposed you to the entire school. Also you have to be my slave.”

 

 

For that moment, I regretted for carelessly misplacing my papers but it’s even more frustrating for me that he got me cornered like this. “Does privacy mean anything to you? You’re practically invading my privacy!”

 

 

“Privacy don’t matter if you’re a gay.” This person is a total a**. How can you not be angry when someone else just barge in and take over your bag and have the time of his life to read my diary? Are you serious?

 

He had no sense of respect or whatsoever and even has my missing diary page. It made me realised that I have to be be wary of my surrounding from now on. Never thought creeps like this guy exists.

 

“Sigh. Do it then. I’m not going to get myself being bullied.” I said casually, crossing my arms. Honestly, I’ve shown my diary to the gang and I’ve clearly stated the details of their features and what I love about them and they all knew my adoration for Irene. Even if I do like Irene, I’ve haven’t thought about a future between us. That’s why I’m able to say that I’m not seeing her in any ill manner; out of our friend zone. Sure I do admire her from behind like how I would stare and appreciates god’s beauty but my feelings stops there.

 

 

“You have the audacity to talk to me like that?! Do you know who I am?!!!!!” His voice raised higher and higher each time he talked, his forehead seemly looking like red as a tomato with his hands slamming hard onto the table. I stepped back a little, cautiously keeping in track with his unpredictable behaviour because he’s clearly having a few screw loose in his head.

 

 

“Look the bell’s ringing so I gotta go.” I said briefly, waving my hand as I walk out from the empty classroom. The boys who were puzzled from outside gazed at me as I immediately fasten my pace to the hallways where there are students; wishing I could disappear from their sight. My heart is pumping at a fast pace, like the adrenaline coursing throughout my body.  

 

 

When I’ve finally seen Irene, I feel relieve surging within my mind. I give out my usual smile when I’ve finally seen her in my sight. “Hyun-ah.”

 

Instead of hearing her usual teasing, like a subdued thunder, the displeased face expressed on her looks. I could only indicate her gravelling upon something upon looking at me.

 

 

“Hyun?” I questioned. Just as I have finally come close to her to ask her what’s bothering her, a harsh thug from behind caught me off guard, leaving me to slip from my footing. And I nearly have my head wounded if it wasn’t for my legs, trying to regain my composure before hitting myself onto the wall.

 

 

“You dare to walk out of my sight! You seriously need a lesson!” He shouted at the top of his lungs, pulling my hair as I squeal in pain.

 

 

He definitely had issues!

 

 

“What’s wrong with you?” I winced in pain. I’ve never done anything to him.

 

 

Just as I could see him raising his hand and I was bracing myself for another impact, silently praying that this would end this soon. I just don’t want to brawl to add the fuel to the fire.

 

 

 

But the hit never landed on me. When I opened my eyes, I could see Irene’s rage stored within her eyes, with her impulsive action slapping the crazy guy’s in the face. And I’ve never seen her more mad than this sight I’m witnessing now. Her eyes flared.

 

 

“What the- I-Irene.” His voice seem toned down in an instance.

 

 

He glanced at her face and was skewered by twin daggers of intense black; with her eyes narrowed to shards and her gaze was beyond sharp. “Donghae-shii. Get out of my face. I NEVER want to see your face again.” She said curtly. Her eyes are dead cold as ice frosting every ouch of water. Her calm demeanour had changed, replacing with a facade that seem foreign to me.

 

Her sturdy gaze was firm with her words. Never have I seen her like this; bold and impulsive, cold and intimating.

 

 

 

“W-What? What did I even do?!”he shuttered.

 

 

 

“Why are you attacking Wendy like that!” Her tone was blaring in anger. Her gaze turned soft when seeing me, leading me her arm to support me as I muttered a small thank you.

 

 

“Irene! I have my reasons! This creature is a lesbian! Look I stole her diary and she’s shamelessly write her affection about you!” He reasoned, showing Irene a piece of paper form his pocket, grinning as he looked down upon me.

 

Irene took the paper from his hand, shoving it into her pocket. “You’re even worst! How could you invade someone else’s privacy!” She spitted out, gripping onto my arms.

 

 

“What? I’m clearly worried for your reputation Irene! This creature is tarnishing your name!” He claimed.

 

 

Wow. Man the conversation was getting stupid and more silly.

 

 

This time, I’ve witnessed another side of Irene I’ve never seen before. “HER name is SON WENDY and she’s not a creature! And my business is none of your concern.” Wow that’s just sending the shuddering chills to my spine.

 

 

 

“Irene you can’t do this to me! I thought we’re close. . .”

 

 

“Shut your yapping mouth. If you don’t want your parents’ company to go bankrupt, you better stop this crap now.” She said menacingly, giving him another hard slap on his hands when he tries to hold her wrist.

 

 

 

“What is going one here!?” Mr Kim called. I could see Joy running behind Mr.Kim.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter