Chapter 8

WORTH IT
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Cerena’s POV:

Little Lamb: Hey! Brown sugar!! I smiled at my phone as I lay on the soft sofa in the living room.

Me: Hey little lamb!! How are you? How was the tour? I quickly replied, sipped my chocolate milkshake.

I nicknamed him little lamb because of how gentle and nice he is. On the other, he nicknamed me brown sugar because of my skin colour- he appreciates my skin colour.

Chanyeol and I had grown closer to each other over the past weeks. We have become closer than I had expected. He’d been good and made me laugh. He noticed little things about me like how I always nod instead of replying when someone asks me a question, how I don’t like chilly weather, my favourite genre, how I was more active when I take my medication (according to him. I don’t see any difference) and so on. He’s gentle, the sweetest and warm. The way he was always gentle when we played table tennis together.

Over the past weeks, we hung out at different places like park, restaurants, sometimes even cinemas to watch movies (in disguise). Sometimes, we hung out in a group but most of the time just the two of us. He introduced me to his friends. I enjoyed his company and loved his little compliment.

My phone beeped again, I checked the notification bar: little lamb: do you have free time today?

Me: Yeah I have. I replied and hugged the phone to my chest. I stood up, went to the centre table and took the remote control and the TV.

After some minutes, chanyeol replied to me again saying we should hangout around eight in the evening- just the two of us. I found myself smiling. The thing is these past few days I found myself enjoying more of his company than I used to.

I went to the usual park we hung out at- it was couple-friendly park located far away from where chanyeol lives. We hung out there because chanyeol didn’t want anyone to find/follow us. The soft breeze blew my hair away from my face. I took out my phone from the purse I held to call chanyeol when I felt a tap on my left shoulder.

I turned around to find who it was “boom,” chanyeol shouted. I held my hand to my chest, it startled the hell out of me.

“Little lamb, stop,” I uttered smiling (I get startled easily).

“Did you see to look on my face? It was priceless.” He laughed, I hit his arm, we laughed for a few minutes then hugged each other for some minutes. I loved it when we hug for his body is warm. After we hugged, chanyeol ushered us to find a peaceful place and sit down.

We talked about so many things – like the songs he was writing, the basketball he played alongside other celebrities while we drank the milkshakes he came along with. Before we left the park, I asked him to show me his studio, which we postponed to next week due to our busy schedule- SM entertainment asked me to write a song for one of their girl groups.

 

It had been two weeks since I last physically meet chanyeol and the past 2 weeks hadn’t been easy on me, though we chatted. I missed him – though I didn’t want to. I found myself thinking about him, rereading our text messages, and flash of his dimple even when I am bathing. It was becoming ridiculous, laughable and embarrassing on my side. It was 2 in the night, I was sitting on the couch rereading my chat with chanyeol, smoking the last pack of my cigarettes for the day when the husky voice of mike startled me.

“Lover girl,” Mike teased, peeping to see who I was chatting with. I turned at his now smug face, hiding the screen of my phone. He raised his arm to the air, holding back his laughter. He was in his pyjamas.

“Mike! Mike! Mike, how many times did I call your name? Stop calling me a lover girl for god’s sake.” I raised my voice.

He laughed, moving to sit on the opposite couch, “You’re not a lover girl? Don’t be ridiculous.”  

“None of your business. By the way, what are you doing here in the middle of the night,” I asked, looking down at my palms.

“Are you sure? cause it doesn’t look like that to me

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter