Chapter 5

WORTH IT
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Cerena's Pov

I pressed the treadmill stop button to slow down and took the water bottle to drink. I stared at the slunk clouds in the blue sky through the Gym's glass door. It was almost Sunset and the surrounding was turning orange.

It'd been one month since I landed in Korea. Everyone had been treating me good, the weather, the people, the agency and even the boys. I got along pretty well with the boys especially baekhyun and Do. And also, some of the company's Artists except chanyeol. Park Chanyeol, the guy I despised with all my heart and the center of my life since the day I touched Seoul; he hadn't left me alone since the water incident. He allowed me to rest for a few days after it. Nevertheless, he continued.

I'd been trying to avoid the weirdo, but to my despair, it didn't happen. The weirdo was everywhere I went – TV shows, dramas, work, café, including the gym Mike registered me in. I laid the bottle near me and closed its cover recalling the first-day chanyeol started to flirt with me.

"I like chocolate," he whispered to my ears bending near me his hot breath disturbing my neck, too close for my liking.

I flinched and adjusted my seat with a scrunched face I replied, "Everybody does." It was uncomfortable I didn't like getting touchy with strangers especially those that I meet not so long.

He flashed a flirtatious smile adjusting his neck collar, "not everybody, but I really like chocolate," he said his eyes moving from my face to my upper chest. I looked at my body then to his face, he his lips. This bastard I wish I had listened to you Alex I wore a plunging neckline red blouse and red balloon pant. I had a small quarrel with my stylist on what to wear that day but I didn't listen. It dawned to me what he meant with he likes chocolate, I hissed and called for Mr.Wook's attention. Since then, I started to wear not so revealing clothes and started hating him, he was anything but Gentleman. He had no manners, no respect and obviously a flirt.

"Your leech is here," Ife whispered to my ears, getting my attention. My heart skipped a beat at the mention of him appearing here again. Sincerely speaking, my heartbeat increased whenever I saw or heard him for I was afraid of his attitude, but I got to act fierce. I pretended I didn't hear and put on my headphone, though it wasn't playing.

"Leech?!!" Amanda snorted, "God, spare this guy please." I removed the headphone and turned to look at his direction. We locked eyes which earned me a wink before I quickly turned my head and hissed. Why does he always come to this gym? I had been meeting chanyeol since the first day I step my feet into the Gym. I had no idea why he always went to the Gym. And also, whenever I told Mike to change the gym for me, he came up with stupid excuses like it was the best gym and stuff like that.

"He's quite hot though. I don't understand why you don't find him attractive," she said I glared at her but she continued, "I understand but he's better than that your chipmunk." This girl and hot guys now he is hot because you've seen his almost body? It was ife's first day of seeing chanyeol with almost no shirt. She didn't like him though, but she liked his hot body. She also disturbed me about Baekhyun calling him chipmunk.

"Who's chipmunk?" Amanda asked with furrowed brows, "I am feeling left out here." Amanda whined, she didn't know much of me and Baekhyun.

"Do you remember the guy that sent her love message last Sunday?" Ife asked while Amanda nodded her head, "he's also an exo member, the one with brunette hair and kinda chubby cheeks."

"You know I don't know them even the chanyeol today is my first day meeting him," she answered in a sad tone. Actually, she didn't know much because I wasn't close to her as I am with Ife and Mike. Moreover, she wasn't at home most of the time, either she was with Alex or her boyfriend.

Ife grabbed her phone from the yoga mat and searched his name, "Ok this person here," she said shoving the phone at Amanda's face.

"Oh, I remember he's Baekhyun? This one here?" she exclaimed in a low voice pointed at the screen, "He looks like a girl." She added while Ife nodded, "and that is the legendry Chanyeol," she said turning to look at Chanyeol; and I unconsciously turned as well.

"Did he just wink at you?" Ife asked laughing I glared at her and continued my practice on the mill. She had been using Chanyeol to tease me; she was doing revenge for what I did to her. Later on, Amanda joined her.

I ignored them putting my headphone and raised the volume of the song I was listening to. After I finished I went to the bathroom to change.

*****

I passed through the dim hallway damping my face with the face towel when I bumped into someone. I removed the towel from my face to apologize to whomever I bumped to when I widened my eyes. Why is he everywhere for god's sake? I guess I shouldn't be surprised anymore.

"What is it again?" I miffed crossing my arms over my chest. It was none other than chanyeol. Seeing him rose all the anger I had been suppressing for the past one month I had spent on Seoul.

After some hesitations, he replied, "I just wanted to greet you."

I put my hands on my waist then scoffed, "greet really? Are you for real?" he stared at me not saying anything. "Look, Chanyeol or whatever your name is, don't you dare follow me again, I mean don't you have an ego for God's sake. I've been avoiding and treating you badly just to leave me alone and yet what you're still following me." I then scoffed again, "ooh I see you want to sleep with a black woman right?"

"No!!! That's not what I mean..." he said scratching the back of his head

"Then what is it?" I questioned staring at him with a piercing look. I was seriously getting fed up of his chasing game. He was draining my energy and making me half-mad because of his lame excuse of liking me.

"I really like you and is not for you never give me the chance to explain..."

"Explain what?? Explain your creepy attitude or your infatuation?" I asked cutting him off.

"No, it isn't infatuation. Do you think every guy loves you for ? I sincerely love if I didn't love you sincerely I wouldn't have taken all the trash you bring to my way but I did and I keep taking all your insult." He said in a taut voice.

"Look I don't care whether is infatuation or not. this will be your last warning don't you ever stalk me or talk to me except is about work, hope you get it," I spat and moved past him when a pair of hand held my wrist.

"Please I want to stop loving you but I can't," he begged in a shaky voice. I yanked his hand away from my wrist but he attempted to hold me again which earned him a slap on his face. He put his hand on his face eyes filled with unshed tears. I didn't spare him a glance and left the hallway.

******

I relaxed my body in the bathtub against the warm foamy water and thought about my earlier encounter with Chanyeol at the Gym. How his eyes were filled with unshed tears, part of me regretted what I did to him, but he deserved it. He deserved more than that since he couldn't understand no. part of me said. Why did I slap him? How should I face him tomorrow? My mind drifted to one of the conversations we had at Jongdae's birthday celebration last month which Baekhyun invited me.

"For crying out loud you are a well-known star and you have many fans why can't you leave me alone?" I asked in a tight voice, "There are a lot of girls out there that will jump on you the moment you say you're interested in them but I don't understand why you're still following? Ooh I get it you want people to say you're dating so, so, and so celebrity just to brag," I added not giving him a chance to reply or answer. I was holding myself not to spit the venom out of my mouth and hurt his feelings.

"I only want you," he said and reached for my hand but I jerked away from his touch, "I don't care about my celebrity status, Yeah I know a lot of girls will jump on me the moment I get interested in them but I want only you please?" he begged in a brittle voice.

"But I don't love you. Heck, you're not even my type boy," I took a deep breath and said, "have you ever take a mirror and look at yourself? Guess you haven't," I mocked then scoffed, "look, I've had enough of your nuisance attitude you fool," I fumed pointing my index finger at him. It was disturbing my peaceful mind. "I'll tell your agency about your stupid behavior. Do you go telling each and every girl you meet you love her?"

Leaning against the cold marble of the bathtub, I placed the bud of the cigarette between my lips and inhaled it then removed the cigarette and exhaled as a thick smoke formed from my lips. I'm awful and I don't know why he likes an awful person like me. Do you love me that much Chanyeol? I murmured and closed my tired eyes sinking my body into the tub to sleep for a moment when someone slung open the bathroom door.

"Who's there?" I boomed in horror throwing the cigarette inside the trash bin near the bathtub. God don't let whoever is there, in.

"Oh, sorry is me," Ife's voice said and retreated back. I quickly got out of the tub and wore my white bathrobe. I looked at my disheveled hair at the bathroom mirror, heaving a deep sigh and I fixed it and rinsed my mouth with mouth wash then sprung out of the bathroom.

"Why didn't you knock before opening the bathroom door?" I questioned, sitting beside her on the white fluffy couch. We had moved to a new apartment after two weeks of our arrival. I, Ife, and Amanda shared the same apartment, while the guys joined one of Mike's Friend's Apartment; the friend resides in South Korea.

"Oh sorry, no vex, ano know you dey inside na," she replied hitting my arm lightly. I ignored her and took the remote control to watch one of my

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter