Chapter 6

WORTH IT
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHANYEOL'S POV

 

"Yay I won!!!" baekhyun stood up as he shouted like a small kid. I and baekhyun were playing games in our living room, Sehun playing with Vivi while Kyungsoo had gone for his movie premiere and the rests had been fast asleep.

It was the first time Beakhyun won- ever since the day we started playing the game. He'd been adamant to win it and he finally achieved it but he wouldn't have won if I hadn't allowed him.

"Oh, congratulations," I sarcastically said, moving towards my room. Playing with baek helped me forget my worries and anger.

"You have to fulfill your promise," he said clinging to my shoulder.

Turning my head to look at him, I replied, "I know but I can't take you out today maybe tomorrow after our practice." We made a bet that the loser had to take the winner for dinner.

"But I have a schedule tomorrow maybe after I finish," he whined I didn't say anything but just nodded and disappeared to my room.

Once I had returned to my room, I took my music sheet and plopped on the bed to write some lyrics, but my brain function it kept playing the scene of what happened at SM building and stayed quiet frowning at the room's black and white ceiling.

"If you're preparing an apology, you don't have to."

"You think I'll apologize for what I did yesterday?" I shook my head and changed my lying position to get rid of the painful and embarrassed memory of what happened earlier. I was pained, as a result, I'd given up on her (though, giving up isn't part of me) and focus on my career. After all, I wouldn't like the idea of disappointing my members and fans.

After tossing and tossing on the bed, I took my phone to see the time. It said ten minutes to one A.M but I couldn't bring myself to sleep. After a moment of thinking about what to do, I noticed my sister's (Yoora) missed call. Noona is my elder sister and the eldest in our house; she works at a broadcasting station. We both are very close but I didn't inform her about my situation. I didn't want her to hate Cerena.

"Hello, Noona," I called she answered after some minutes of ringing.

"Hey chan, I called you earlier but you didn't pick." Her voice on the other side responded. She hates it when she gets no response from me. I apologized and we continued our siblings' talk- work, constant bicker, teasing, day to day activities and so on. As usual, she asked about my love which as she expected I didn't tell me for her sanity and mine.

*******

"We came to the end of this live we'll meet you next time and don't forget to attend our concert in Busan. I love you Exo-ls," I beamed at the screen waving my hands. I went live on IG to chat with EXO-Ls because I was sad. I wanted to chat with them in order to lift my mood. Thankfully, they helped me with my problems.

After I pressed the end button, I continued to play with my Guitar and some of Coldplay's songs. I'm a huge Coldplay fan, I like their songs. I was humming to their songs when Woozi called my name. Woozy is one of my friends in the industry, we've been friends for 3 years and also close even though we aren't from the same company. He was there with me in my personal studio to help me co-write a song which I'd update on my personal account.

"What are you thinking? Are you thinking of that lady?" he asked worried due to lack of response. Woozi is the second (first person- Michael) person who knew my feelings for Cerena apart from my members. He'd told me several times to leave her alone for there are plenty fishes in the sea. But, I couldn't do that. No, my heart refused to listen to me.

"No, I'm not thinking of her," I lied, "Have you changed the lyrics?"

"Yeah, I changed some part of it," he replied and paused for some minutes and added, "Chanyeol, why can't you leave this lady alone?" I stared at the concerned look in his eyes, "You related to me what she did to you yesterday at SM." A soft smile appeared on my face and answered

"I've decided to leave her alone. I won't allow her to hurt my feelings again. This is the withdrawal symptom," I joked. He moved towards me and patted my shoulder uttering nice words. We spent more time rearranging the lyrics, not until Baekhyun called reminding me for practice.

**********

"I personally don't like her," Sehun uttered monotonously. We finished the practice for next week's concert in Busan and we were now resting or more specifically teasing one another's crush. I heard since we were seated not far from each other. Moreover, Sehun doesn't know how to gossip, he is fond of raising his voice whenever he talks.

"Why don't you?" Jongin asked not raising his head from whatever he was doing on his phone, "She's beautiful and talented. Jongdae Hyung said it was fun working with her." He finished still typing something.

"No doubt, she's beautiful but do you see how she treats Chanyeol Hyung?" Sehun snapped with a flushed face, while Jongin furrowed his brows. My members had no idea what was happening between us. They only knew I had a crush on her, except for Baek, Kyungsoo and now Sehun who happened to witness one incident at Jondgae's birthday.

"Sehun I thought you like her?" Jongin asked confused, now keeping his phone aside.

"Point of correction, I like her beauty, not her personality, you didn't witness the incident at Jongdae Hyung's party. She isn't worth his energy, happiness or anything," he angrily said and made Jongin more confused. I started to become angry at what Sehun said though he was right. I didn't want any of them to think of her like that, deep down I had a feeling she's a nice person.

"What happened at Jongdae Hyung's birthday after we left?" Kai asked, but Baekhyun stifled them by saying calmly, "Sehun, she's a nice person." He was paying attention, as well, but kept quiet until now.

"No she is not," Sehun argued, "why are you defending her?" Baekhyun and Kyungsoo always tried to defend her whenever Sehun voiced his opinion on her. It disturbed me, thus, I wanted to know why they always tried to do so.

"Since she is my friend and I know her personality," baek fired up, "don't blame her chanyeol isn't doing the right thing that's why she treats him badly."

After hearing what came out of beak's mouth, I excused myself deciding not wanting to hear more of it and strode to the elevator.

"Have you ever take a mirror and look at your reflection?" I shook my head to clear my mind and clutched the bottle of soju and half-filled the glass cup and started toward my room window. I opened it and put my face to inhale the cool breeze of night. I'd locked myself in my room and been drinking soju. I wanted it to take away the pain she'd caused me. What did I do to deserve this? I mumbled looking at the bright stars illuminating the i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter