Chapter 2

WORTH IT
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Cerena's Pov

"wow, this place is beautiful," Ife said with amazement. She'd been anticipating our journey to South Korea since the day she got informed. she wasn't able to sit properly throughout the journey.

we landed at Incheon International Airport, Seoul after over 30-hour flight from Nigeria. The Airport was full of passengers traveling to different countries or arriving in South Korea. we got our luggage and left the terminal.

"where's the man that'll pick us?" asked Alex wandering his eyes across the terminal.

"there!!" Amanda exclaimed pointing towards a man's direction. "there's a man there, I think he came for us,"

"stop pointing at people, God!!" Ife slapped her hands, she pouted.

We turned toward the man's direction. And the said man in his early-forties waved at us, with a banner that had my name on it. I and my team headed toward him.

"Welcome to the Republic of Korea, Park Hyung Song at your service," the black-suited man bowed. I felt somehow because I wasn't used to people bowing at me. we greeted him in the same manner as he did.

"let's go, there's a van waiting for you outside," he said collecting my traveling bag from me.  And, we followed him behind. we hopped onto the black van and greeted the driver.

I wind down the window to see the scenery of Seoul- beautiful streets, deciduous trees losing their leaves, companies, people moving across the road, blue sky with less cloud, and the cool fresh wind.

"I... uh, are we heading to the Agency?" Mike asked

"God!!! Michael, we can't be going there now, for god sake we just arrived in Seoul," Amanda said. Amanda and Mike always bicker because mike is a workaholic while Amanda, on the other hand, is lazy and also whinny but caring.

 "I thought we'll meet the age--"

"No, not now you have to rest for today," Mr.Park cut him off  "maybe tomorrow, for now, we're on our way to your reserved hotel," he completed with a wide smile.

"Ok," we said in unison "And thank you," I added, which I got a hand wave as a reply.

However, the ride to the hotel was as noisy as a club, due to Ife's anticipation of things to do in Korea, unending bicker between Mike and Amanda and Dayo's overexcitement. seeing them like that reminded of lucky I was to have those noisy people as my team.

we arrived at a five-star hotel that was booked for us. Mr.Park  and the driver guided us into the hotel. he went and talk with the receptionist while we waited for him. After about a few minutes, he came and gestured us to climb the elevator together with one of the workers.

we reached the tenth floor of the building where our rooms are. Mr. Park briefed us on who to ask if there was a problem or something we needed and also gave us sims and his contact number.

we passed through the hotel lobby and got to our respective rooms. Ife and I shared a room, Amanda, and Dayo in one room while Mike and Alex shared a room.

I and Ife's room had a king size bed with a white and light brown comforter, two light brown bedsides, white medium sized couch, large round mirror slightly faced the bed, light brown carpet, large glass window by the side, balcony which has chairs, living room, and a toilet.

we slept for the whole day but before that, I had to call my Family and Management to announce our safe arrival.

*******

The following day, I, Mike and Mr.Park went to SM entertainment in Cheongdam-dong to meet the officials and begin what took me there.

I looked around the building- workers in professional outfits moving from office to office while some behind their desks, cleaners, and of course some Artists recording or practicing. The company speaks work, work, and work. following Mr.Park beside, we got inside the elevator and reached the CEO's office on the tenth floor of the building.

"Welcome to South Korea and thank you for accepting our offer," said the middle-aged man.

"Thank you, sir" I and my manager replied.

"By the way, I am Lee Soo Man," he said while shaking my manager's hand.

"Nice meeting you Sir," replied Michael. we spent some hours in the CEO's office talking about what the company wanted me to do and the group I would be working with.

They wanted me to write three songs for the group and to co-write with one of the members. With that, we headed to meet the group's manager to get us introduced to the boys.

"This is Lee Kyungiee, Exo's manager," said Mr.park pointing at the above-mentioned man. He looked in his mid-twenties. The manager smiled at us then stretched his hand for a handshake  "and, this Cerena Okoye with her manager Michael," Mr.park added.

"Nice meeting you," I finally said.

"Nice meeting you too" he replied in a broken English which made chuckled. Mr.park was our translator. The manager took us to Exo's recording room.

"This is Exo's studio. I'm sorry the boys aren't here, they are currently in Japan for a concert. They will come back tomorrow," he said in Korean in an apologetic tone, which Mr.park Hyun song translated for us in English.

"No problem we'll wait for them since we aren't in a rush," I replied to him with a smile.

We left the building. Mr.park took us to many fun places and told us a bit about the capital of Korea(Seoul). We wandered around many places, to cut the story short we had a blast, even Michael that is a workaholic loosened up.

we returned back to our hotel around ten-fifteen in the evening and waved Mr.Park goodnight.

"He is such a nice man," said Michael in the elevator.

"Yes, he is, unlike someone I know," I replied pressing my phone. *ding* we heard the elevator. I waved mike goodnight and entered my shared room. I did my nightly routine, as usual, then lay on my bed.

"Have you checked the group you will work with?" Asked Ife rubbing her hair with a towel.

"Ooooops... I haven't checked, thanks for reminding me. I don't know what to do without you," I said with an atte

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter