Chapter 7

WORTH IT
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Cerena's POV 

"Aah... yeah... friends, of course, we can!!" he said in a raised tone. I bet He didn't expect such a kind of answer. He expected me to answer him differently. In as much as I feel apologetic for some kind of my behavior, I can't give him false hope- of us dating or having a relationship. I wasn't interested in a relationship, friendship was better for all of us.

Silence crept for some moments, then he spoke this time a little like a whisper- as if he was afraid his words might hurt me. "Can we go out on a date later at night?" I gave him a questioning look. "I mean..." he continued, scratching the nape of his neck, "as friends... here in Korea, we treat people for dinner as a way of showing gratitude and sincere apology."

He's a nice person I thought but should I agree to this friendly date. Date I repeated, the word sounding foreign. "You don't have to show me any gratitude, and I haven't done anything worth showing appreciation." I didn't see anything to show appreciation for. What I did was simple and any sane person would do the same for the sake of peaceful living. "Aren't we friends? He asked as if he wanted a confirmation, I nodded my head. "Then can't we get to know each other as friends? you don't have to agree if you aren't comfortable with me," he stuttered.

Should I agree? I don't like going out not even with close friends talk less of someone we weren't even close, to begin with. But told him you can be friends. Don't you feel apologetic towards him for what you did? 

After a moment of internal conflict, "Ok, we can go on this friendly date of yours," I air quote the word friendly date. He immediately smiled showing his straight white teeth. "but what time?" I asked after putting my phone inside my bag.

"hmm... we have zero schedules today, so, around eleven p.m," he stated. "Eleven at night?" I questioned to make sure I heard it correctly. I don't like going at night. "Yeah, I am sorry. You see... the situation is I can't let people or paparazzi see us together. I don't want them to invade your life. So, the best thing is for us to go out at night the time when there are fewer people outside and we won't stir a scandal. I am so sorry if you can't come or feel..." I blocked his words recalling one of the conversations I had with Baekhyun one night when I asked him why most of his Instagram pictures filled with his photos, not of his girlfriend or any female celebrity. He told me he can't bear the scandal that'll follow after if ever get caught with a woman or the anger of his fans.

"You don't have to force yourself if you don't want to," he said in a defeated voice. Poor guy "Oh, no I can make it. It's not a big deal," I hastily replied. He smiled showing his set of white teeth for the nth time today and picked his phone from his back pocket. "Uhm..." I interrupted, "you haven't told me the place yet."

He stopped whatever he was about to do with his phone, "Aah... sorry, it's a surprise, you can tell me your address and I'll come to pick you up," he said and started to hum a tune. Pick me up? Is that not a little bit risky on his side? I pushed the concern to the back my mind, "Ok, here is my number."

*****

"You should wear something more sophisticated than this," Mike said looking me up and down. I just came out of my room moving toward the parlor where he sat alongside Ife and Demi.

"What's wrong with this?" I asked looking at the black dress.

"everything... it's a date for God's sake!" Alex said. "friendly date," I corrected. "whatever it's. I can't let you go out like this," he stated moving towards my room. I stood in the middle of the parlor dumbfounded. After some minutes Alex came out with a sand-colored palazzo and T-strap, white dress, and a light brown clutch. he moved towards me pushing the clothes to me, "wear this."

"Now this is better," Demi uttered. I rolled my eyes and take the clutch to put my things in.

"I knew you intentionally wore that dress," mike said. "what? what do you mean by intentionally?" I crossed my arms.

he was about to retaliate when the doorbell rang. Mike quickly ran to the door to check who was there- though we both knew.

"it's chanyeol, he is waiting outside."

I bid them bye- all them were present except Ife, She wasn't happy with my decision- reconcile with Chanyeol and the date, she still had a bad impression of him.

Passing through the corridor, my shaky hand came in contact with the metallic doorknob, twisted it and the main door sprung open. The Saturday night chilly breeze came in contact with my skin, making the hair on my arms stood.

There he stood. I eyed him up and down- Blackcap, . He didn't even put so much effort into his dressing and here I am dressing as if I'll be going for a date. They should've let me wear my earlier dress I look over-dress for an outing... but you loo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter