nine

Down the Memory Lane
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

               When dinner was over, Seungwan already whispered to Sooyoung that the duo will be having the “talk” that, we can all say, we’ve all been waiting for. Yerim sticks with them fortunately, no questions asked she sticks with them. She entertains Seungwan and Sooyoung by singing along with the songs playing from Seungwan’s phone.

                “Bet you 10 dollars they’ll kiss tonight,” Seungwan murmurs to Sooyoung.

                “Hey, I’m on that side too! I’m sure they will! No fair!”

                “Shush! Yerim’s there be quiet!”

                Right…

                “I mean, it’s about time that they do and talk about it. They’ve spent years building themselves, I saw Rene go through all of that, for Seulgi I’m guessing you did too. Rene is just, she’s not the type of person to get swayed easily. But if it’s Seulgi, I’m saying why not?”

                Seungwan smiles. She agrees with Sooyoung.

                “If it’s their first love, huh? They really are dumb and dumber. But the stronger version now.”

                “When they get together, Seulgi has to adapt to Rene’s new side.”

                “What do you mean?”

                “She’s easily jealous. It’s different when it comes to Yerim, and with Seulgi’s case I think it’ll be harder on her part. Rene doesn’t like it when strangers act close with Yerim. She doesn’t show it to Seulgi right now but one or another she’ll act that way.”

                “I’m sure they’ll figure it out.” Says Wendy, smiling surely at the thought.

                And there they were, outside the porch. Seulgi doesn’t want anything to become awkward after this. Joohyun’s been showing her go signals all this time, but she’s nervous and scared to ask her. They’re great friends as of right now and all is wonderful.

                “After all those years I can say and agree that you really improved your cooking, Seul.”

                Seul?

                Seulgi awkwardly laughs.  “Y-Yeah, I guess, thanks to Seungwan. She’s always telling me to cook for myself.”

                Seulgi waits, though feeling awkward with the silence that’s surrounded them, is it the right time to actually confront Joohyun about her feelings? Joohyun is smiling at her, and she feels her heart pick up the pace just by that alone, since when did Joohyun become like this to her?

                “So how are you?”

                Great.

                As if I don’t see her every day.

                “Why are you so nervous? It’s just me.”

                That’s thing. It’s Joohyun. How can Seulgi not be nervous? This could either break or make her. What if Joohyun is just being friendly with her? Some girls are like that, and Joohyun could be part of that.

                “Calm down, Seul.”

                She says it so softly, a smile that goes along with her perfect self. Well, Seulgi thinks so.

                Seulgi tries to calm down. What was she getting at anyways? They were apart from each other for years what could be the difference if Joohyun doesn’t feel the same. Seulgi could try and not feel this way again if it doesn’t work out.

                “Do you have anything to tell me? Calm down, breathe, then tell me. Okay?”

                “Yeah, okay.”

                Since when did Seulgi run out of breath?

                “Hyun,” Seulgi starts. Well, there’s a long pause of awkwardness after that. “I still love you.”

                Seulgi closes her eyes then. She tries to block w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter