four

Down the Memory Lane
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

                “Ah, I see that you’re a big asset to your previous company,” Says the lady handling the resume and other files that Seulgi passed to this new arts company, “We’ll call you back after the higher ups have viewed your files. But trust me, you’re too good to pass on.”

                Somehow that takes the heavy feeling away from Seulgi that’s been piling up ever since Joohyun came. Well, sooner than she expected for them to see each other. At least now she has a new excuse and job to focus on rather than overthinking of ways to approach Joohyun more, to see if Joohyun is slowly opening up to her again.

                Seulgi smiles back at the lady.

                “Thank you.”

                Great.

                Ah! Seungwan!

                Seulgi hurries down the building, relieved to see Seungwan at the lobby playing with her phone, probably bored from waiting her bestfriend finish up. She’s invited Seungwan over, but Seungwan prefers to call it as a favor since Seulgi made her deliver her papers to her by hand, and in return of this Seulgi promised Seungwan a treat.

                “Before you can whine and be a loser, you’re going to treat me food at SeaPlates,” says Seungwan with a smirk that Seulgi could not decipher the message, only for her face to fall hearing the place, “I want to meet Joohyun and know how much of an idiot you are, Seul.”

                “Are you even my friend Son Seungwan?”

                I can’t believe she’s this rude to me.

                “What are friends for Seul? Besides, I need to hear both sides of the story.”

                Seungwan acted bolder than Seulgi most of the time, that’s for sure, and going to meet Joohyun was an easy stepping stone for her. Though this audacious personality of her, Seungwan is a clever girl filtering all the words that will come out . Funny how this saved both her and Seulgi’s through troubles most of the time. They’re quite the duo.

                Seulgi couldn’t really do anything because after going around town with Wendy, the girl eventually decided and forced her to take her to SeaPlates for dinner that night. So Seulgi did, nervous despite knowing Seungwan won’t spill anything that will do her any damage. They sat inside the restaurant. Seungwan refused to sit outside because she knows well that Seulgi is avoiding this lovely Joohyun girl.

                The place is full of patrons. Here and there are the delicacies of the restaurant being served. And Seulgi would prefer it this way because she has an excuse to flee from Seungwan’s hands.

                “It’s not my shift but I might as well help out, you know?”

                Seulgi chuckled in a way that Seungwan knew she could never deal with her friend’s coward . So, she let her be in serving the customers. Seungwan eventually got her meal served to her by this tall girl.

                Seungwan ate but kept her eyes roaming in high hopes to see the lovely Joohyun around the busy place. She drinks, chews, and the cycle repeats. By the time Seulgi is all tired from running around the place to help with the tall girl Seungwan saw earlier telling Seulgi to rest, her bestfriend sat in front of her with her own meal, and the double doors of SeaPlates suddenly dramatically swung open.

                “Joohyun!”

                Seungwan exclaims at the entrance of the said lovely girl while Seulgi hurries to cover her bestfriend’s mouth.

                “Jesus Seungwan- don’t do that!”

                Peeling off Seulgi’s hand away from , Seungwan disgustingly wipes with tissue smelling the stink from washing the dishes.

                “You never learn, Seul! Come on stop being a coward I just want to be friends with her.  She has a pretty resting face,” Seungwan states with a chuckle.

                God Seungwan..

                Oh my god Joohyun don’t ever look this way.

                No.

                Jesus Seungwan stop waving your arm to get her attention!

                No.

                No.

                .

                “Yes,” Seungwan muses as she finally caught Joohyun’s attent

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter