three

Down the Memory Lane
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

                Focus.

                Don't think about it.

                Whether it was her heart breaking all over again or it was because Joohyun is nowhere the warmth the Seulgi seeks for, she tries not to indulge in the overwhelming emotions washing over her all at once. Crying in front of these new faces, and be damn in front of Joohyun, is the last thing Seulgi would want to happen. She'd rather look pitiful wiping the tables, carrying the dishes back, and serving the food than be weak.

                Focus.

                Trying her best not to breakdown here and there, god it was so hard, Seulgi made it to her break time. She excused herself and fled like a fast moving whirlwind out of SeaPlates.

                Pick up.

                Pick up.

                Please, Seungwan.

                "Seulgi?" She's never been so relieved to hear her bestfriend's voice after fighting with her own emotions.  "Are you on break?"

                "Yeah, I am. Seungwan," Seulgi sinks almost in a flash down to the sand, finding it hard to even say her name, she heaves out a shaky and long sigh. "God, I am stupid."

                Her bestfriend chuckles. Much to Seulgi's disappointment but that's how Seungwan is with her. Too real. No mask to cover how she's faced the harsh reality that Seulgi is now facing.

                "You are."

                Seungwan didn't need to tell Seulgi what to do. It's a silent agreement between the two of them. It's a silent just talk and i'll listen to whatever you'll say.

                I'm all ears.

                Within the limited time Seulgi tried to ease the heaviness building up in her chest. It started heavy, unable to let out the condensed air within her, shaky. Seulgi calms herself between sentences that she's able to form.

                Inhale.

                Exhale.

                Seungwan understands how hard it is for Seulgi. She may not know the weight and depth of her friend's feeling but she knows it's best for her to let her take her time to let everything out. She believes that in time everything will slowly heal until the time comes that it doesn't hurt anymore. No more. It'll all become a memory of the past that one can look back and learn from.

                "I think that's enough for today, Seul." Seungwan now softly says to her vulnerable friend.

                "Fix yourself up, you don't want the entire SeaPlates to know you're a sore loser."

                This makes Seulgi chuckle. Ah, it is good to have a friend like Seungwan.

                "You're always mean to me, you know that?"

                "I know that you're strong that a meanie like me can't break you. Go back to your job, loser. And try to pretend you’ve moved on from her or you’ll be a crying mess tonight."

                Well that certainly hits a spot, Wan.

                Seulgi bids her goodbye and slowly rises up from the ground. After dusting the sand off her clothes, Seulgi makes a run back to SeaPlates worried that she'd be late and overdo her break time. Fortunately when she returns to the restaurant there is no Joohyun walking around the place and it was just Sooyoung and the other staffs. The customers have cut down half the number before Seulgi took her break.

                “Hey Seulgi!” Sooyoung calls from behind the counter after finishing the order of the last customer.

                “What’s up? Need my help?” Seulgi plays coolly.

                Sooyoung smiles at her, so fresh and bright, suitable for a young lovely girl that is her. It helps boost Seulgi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter