one

Down the Memory Lane
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

                In another life Seulgi would've risked everything to keep the most important person right by her side, in times of sadness, in times of bliss, and of times when it's just her and Joohyun smiling so carefree. She really would go back in time to make things right. God, she hopes she wasn't so stupid and naive, the young Seulgi was not the person that she'd prefer to be with Joohyun at that time before, so young and impulsive.

                Maybe in another world they'd still be looking at each other with fiery love burning in their eyes, all the love, maybe it's wasted on this world. So Seulgi hopes. She hopes and hopes.

                In another world, in a different circumstance it'd be her and Joohyun. She wouldn't be crying right now thinking about the misfortune of the both of them with each other.

                Anything just to see Joohyun again. Be with her again.

                Hyun-ah.

                I miss you.

 

--

                Seulgi would've crucified herself to her bed if it weren't for Seungwan pestering her to get up. The naggings from her bestfried came from left and right. It was everywhere. But she knew Seungwan only cared for her to be acting like that. So she silently thanks her for being there. It's more than enough for Seulgi to have a friend like Seungwan.

                First thing she does when she is out and up from bed, Seulgi checks her phone.

                Ah.

                She smiles at the thoughtfulness of her bestfriend to leave her a message that says, "Girl, I'm not your mom so you better go to work and pay for your bills. I prepared breakfast, at least. Heat that up and eat before you leave, alright? Good day."

                She finds the cold food stored away and reheats it while she waits for the heater to work. It suddenly irks Seulgi of the sudden silence engulfing the shared apartment of her and Seungwan. Silence meant as a gateway for sadness.

                And memories of Joohyun.

                The silence is her biggest enemy ever since Joohyun and her could no longer see each other. It meant space for her mind to think and to realize what could have been and Seulgi damn knew that she shouldn't be thinking of these things. She wouldn't be able to get over Joohyun. She wouldn't be able to move on with her life. So she fights the silence.

 

--

                Riding her precious Cadillac, Seulgi rakes the volume up of her stereo to the maximum to fill the silence of the ride. It's a nice day for her not to ruin. It's almost perfect because she's driving the car she's saved up for and her playlist is blasting through the stereo she personally installed.

                Seulgi's the type to blast music until she has to leave the car though she gets into trouble in the road from time to time because of it. She really doesn't mind. Music keeps her company most of the time. It's also leisure for Seulgi to be able to listen to the song she grew up loving. The smooth jazz and few song of rythm and blues here. Ah, it's all perfect.

                Her enemy this time? The traffic. Today isn't heavily conjested compared to the previous days. It was a massive headache for Seulgi to sit through the traffic going to work. She could've been fired from her job if it weren't for the client also running late.

                Maybe there is still good in this earth.

                She personally doesn't like to sit through the traffic. It irks her yet again to be in a situation she's encountered before, but in a more beautiful sense and time.

                No, no. Not now.

                She focuses. Seulgi tries really hard to set her mind and get lost in the wave of the good music she's blasting. The traffic isn't moving anytime soon thus she closes her eyes.

                Please, not now.

                And it flashes into her mind; the memory of her and Joohyun happily joking around with each other, eyes smiling from the mere presence of each other. God, they were so in love with each other.

                "I want to live in a house that's just beside the coast, you know? So when it's the end of the day even with all the stress downing on me, us, we'd have a view to relieve it with. Don't you think it's beautiful?"

                Joohyun's ever so enthusiastic about houses especially about her and Seulgi's future house, maybe it comes from the aspiring interior designer passion within her. Seulgi doesn't know but she's always so supportive of Joohyun and her dream.

                Seulgi hums in response.

                "What about you Seul? Besides from becoming a world renowed photographer, what are your other plans?"

                Joohyun patiently waits for Seulgi to answer. She finds it adorable how her girl takes her time to compose an answer. Seulgi reasons that if she doesn't organize her thoughts in her mind first she'd end up saying a different thought.

                "Besides from marrying you," Seulgi grins.

                "I want to invest my free time in art other than photography so when I have a showcase of my stuff it won't just be photos but also paintings or drawings. I want my first showcase to be meaningful, Hyun."

                Joohyun only nods to this beautiful dream of Seulgi. Then she smiles because she believes that they'll be reaching their dreams together. No matter what.

                "Oh, god. I can't be crying now," Seulgi says after snapping out of her trance.

                How am I this pathetic?

                She wipes her tears away, finding it hard to concentrate on the road more than ever. The traffic has slightly cleared up and now Seulgi progresses slowly to her destination.

 

--

                Seulgi’s been packing her things up. The excuse, whether it was legit or not, was because she feels like she’s been a burden to Seungwan ever since she shared an apartment with her. Seungwan always cleaned up after her mess and she couldn’t thank her more than enough that she’s done for her.

                Earlier this morning Seungwan left a note that she stuck to the refrigerator that says, “You might be excited to move to your new house by the end of the year but don’t forget to visit me from time to time you idiot. I know there are a lot of things going on inside that creative mind of yours but don’t forget me, alright?”

 

--

 

                 Seulgi's been working hard for her "big break" for years now. To finally be able to hold a showcase of her art to the public, the sense of accomplishment that she's come this far and that she's able to do this, it makes her emotional just by thinking about it. Her co-workers are all supportive about this dream of Seulgi. They believe in her potential as an artist and that she shouldn't be confined in an office rather be out there to show them what she's got up her sleeves.

                Seulgi is an artist. She takes her art very seriously. From photography to painting, she takes note of small details for she believe the small things are the things that make up a bigger picture.

                Helping Seulgi out with her dream isn't much a problem for her co-workers. They were all friendly, not only with Seulgi but with each other. Seulgi thinks it's a blessing to have poeple like them surround her.

                "How's it going with the showcase Seul?" Taeyeon, a senior in their department, asks as she takes a seat beside Seulgi wanting to chat with the young and promising employee.

                Seulgi smiles and chimes, "I've decided what to put in the showcase. The only problem now is where it’s going to take place. It can't be too expensive and not too shabby. It has to be meaningful."

                Taeyeon smiles.

                "You really know what you're doing, huh? Tell you what, I'll try to get help from the others and check out places that you can hold your showcase."

                It was an understatement to say Seulgi's whole face lit up after the kind offer from Taeyeon. She was beyond ecstatic from the news!

                "Thank you! Thank you!"

 

--

                Only an hour left before the showcase that Seulgi proudly called "Memory Lane" starts. The promising artist is far from nervous. All she wanted ever since was to show people who and how she is as an artist in different forms. Seulgi knew this is her dream and that she's worked for it.

                "You worked hard for this, Seul."

                Seungwan stands beside Seulgi who was carefully watching her works from a distance, observing each of her work that she's put so many feelings and effort. The process of each painting that Seulgi worked on took weeks, some of them months, and Seungwan saw how Seulgi stayed up all night with the overflowing motivation and inspiration. Though it is bittersweet how Seulgi's work is dependent on her mood. Seungwan observed how Seulgi would never try to move a brush whenever she's down, and when she's all inspired Seulgi would take up all the hours to pour in all of her ideas and heart into her art.

                But Seulgi never really talked about her art with Seungwan. The girl didn't try to pry thinking that Seulgi has so much to keep up with and work on than entertaining her curiosity.

                In the meantime, Seungwan promised herself that she wouldn't cry until the event is over. She really doesn't want to make a scene knowing how over the top her reactions are sometimes.

Too scandalous.

                "I guess I've been selfish about my works," Seulgi smiles apologetically at her bestfriend.<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter