Fever

Ego

 

Sorry for the short chapter. This is still the beginning and not even the real conflict so I don't want to make it too long. And I'm sorry that I haven't write happy any chapter. I believe the next chapter would have happy scene. Happy reading, guys! Wish you don't get bored...

--

Sunggyu surprisingly didn’t move even an inch.

“I’m sorry, I didn’t know.” Soohyun kept saying sorry.

Sunggyu somehow felt really comfortable with the girl hugging his back, and INFINITE saw it too. They didn’t dare to bother the two and just kept watching, not until their leader fell on his knees.

“Sunggyu-hyung!” They found him gasping for breath. His face was so red and his eyes full of tears.

“Get him on my back!” Woohyun sacrifice his back for Sunggyu.

--

Sunggyu was having a really high fever. His body was shivering and sweat kept streaming from his temple.

“Soohyun-ssi, I think you better go home.” Dongwoo finally said. He noticed that Soohyun was worried too.

“Right, Dongwoo-hyung will drive you home.” Myungsoo agreed.

“No, I will stay.”

“Don’t worry, Soohyun-ssi. We will take care of our leader well.” Myungsoo tried to convince her but it’s no use, Soohyun’s as hard as rock.

“I make him like this. It’s my fault and I will make it up for him.”

“Fine. But We will drive you home this evening.” Dongwoo sighed. He gave up in convincing her even though he knew that wasn’t a good decision.

After hearing Dongwoo’s approval, Soohyun didn’t waste her time. She run to Sunggyu’s bed, helping Woohyun compressing Sunggyu’s forehead.

--

“The fever’s not going down. We have to compress his body too.” Soohyun started to open Sunggyu’s shirt button.

“Hey, hey. Are you kidding me? Do you think I would let you touch Hyung’s precious body?” Woohyun grab her arms, preventing her to compress Sunggyu’s body.

“Then you do it.” Soohyun didn’t care as long the they can cool down the fever. She stepped aside and let Woohyun compress him instead of her.

“You’re doing it wrong. It should be like this.” She couldn’t hold herself seeing Woohyun wrong doing.

“Don’t get me wrong. I’m not that erted.” She continued helping Woohyun compressing the older.

“I used to compress my father too.” Soohyun started the conversation.

“You still do?”

“No, He already passed away.” She smiled.

“Sorry...”

“No, it’s okay. That was long time ago. Besides, He hated me. So losing him wasn’t that hard for me.” She sigh.

“I...”

“Ah, the water’s not cold anymore. I will change the water.” She was trying to get up when Woohyun grab her arm, pulling her too close to him that their face almost touched each other.

“I..I will change it.” Woohyun blushed as he got up. He was going to open the door when Sungyeol came in abruptly.

“Guys, We’re going to buy some food. What do you want to eat?”

“Can’t we just order it?” Woohyun sighed.

“No, hyung. We’re going to stop by to buy some tissue too.”

“Soohyun-ssi, waht do you want to eat?” Woohyun didn’t have appetite so anything is okay for him, but he knew Sungyeol won’t accept that answer and will kept demanding for answers.

“Chicken! Chicken! Chicken!” Soohyun said happily.

“Okay, let’s go.” Woohyun was about to get out of the room, but Sungyeol halted him.

“What do you mean ‘let’s go’? You stay here.”

“What? But I want to go too.”

“And leave her with Sunggyu-hyung? She’s not trustworthy. Who knows what could she do when we are out.”

“Hey!” Soohyun wanted to protest but she knew she would do the same thing if she was Sungyeol.

“Anyway, We’re going.” With that, Sungyeol went out leaving Soohyun and Woohyun.

There was a brief silent. Woohyun felt awkward after that ‘incident’.

“Aren’t you going to change the water? We need to compress him.” Not like Woohyun, Soohyun didn’t seem affected.

“Ah, yes.” He got a move on to the kitchen and back with a big bowl of cold water. He start to compress him again.

Minutes later, Woohyun felt his arms already weary. He slow down the compressing so that he can do it a little more longer. He didn’t want Soohyun to see him weakling.

“Tired, Woohyun?” Soohyun noticed that his compressing start to slow down. Woohyun felt embarassed.

“It’s okay, Woohyun. I can do it myself. It’s just compressing anyway.” She said it’s okay, but it’s not okay for Woohyun. He didn’t want to move and keep watching Sunggyu.

“Woohyun, how if you make some coffee for me?” She said that to make Woohyun rest a bit.

“O..Okay.”

--

“Soohyun-ssi, here’s your...” Woohyun came back with a cup of coffee.

“You should have told me you’re this tired.” He pet Soohyun’s head and then took a blanket to wrap her.

“Now, I have to drink this coffee myself.” Said Woohyun as he sip the coffee. Seeing her sleeping beside Sunggyu made him smile, reminding him of the deceased Soohyun. The way she cared for Sunggyu surprised him too. It was the same as the late Soohyun.

He was enjoying observing her, when INFINITE came abruptly.

“We’re home!”

“Ya! Don’t be noisy.” Woohyun run out of the room. He didn’t want Woohyun to woke up.

“Why?Why?”

“Soohyun is sleeping.” He looked at the opened door.

“Oh, sorry. How about the lunch? She will missed the lunch.” Myungsoo said as he lifted the chicken package.

“Well, we can’t do anything about it. I will eat her portion.” Said Sungyeol happily.

“Ya, share it with me!” Sungjong nudged him. Then, the two run to the kitchen to prepare the lunch, followed by Hoya and Myungsoo.

--

After the other go, Dongwoo walked closer to Sunggyu’s bed.

“They...”

“I know, hyung. This remind me of those days.”

“Yes, Sunggyu cared for Soohyun just like her now.”