Rooftop

Ego

 

"Hyung, where are you?" Asked Woohyun on the phone.

"Why? Miss me?" He Chuckle.

"Uh, well... This is our day off. but you're not here." he sounds hesitate.

"And?"

"Oh, come on! When will we get a week days off like this? We should go to the amusement park or..."

"Woohyun-ah. I'm at the hospital." Sunggyu cut the conversation. There's and awkward silence after Sunggyu said that word.

"Ho... hospital?"

"Yeah. Can you pick me up?" Asked Sunggyu with a tired tone.

"Yeah ,of course. Where's the hospital?"

"You now where." with that simple word, Sunggyu hang the phone up.

The hospital is pretty far from the dorm so Woohyun might arrive half an hour later. He sigh. He don't want to waiting at the lobby because the would be a commotion there since he is the leader of INFINITE. So he has no choice but go to the rooftop and wait for Woohyun.

He hate this place. It is where the happiest moment he had. But the most painful memories are here too.

His hand trembling at the doorknob. He's actually scared that the memories will haunt him again. But then he heard a guitar sound.

He open the doorknob quitly and see the back of a girl playing guitar. His heart start to beating like crazy and he couldn't hold back his tears. The girl look back with a smile drawn to her face. Sunggyu can't hold himself anymore. He run to her and hug her tightly.

The girl startled and immediately screaming while her hands pushing him away.

"Soohyun-ah... Why are you being like this? It's me, Sunggyu! Okay, I'm sorry, I shouldn't hug you, but what's with your expression? It's me, your Sunggyu!"

She looks like she wants to answer him, but her phone's ringing.

"Mm, Oppa. I'll be right there." she isn't looking at Sunggyu. She actually rushing to the exit door leaving Sunggyu alone in confusion.

Sunggyu can't feel his own legs. As soon as the girl shut the door, his legs gave up and he ended sitting on the ground in an uncomfortable position. His eyes are all red and his tears can't stop falling. He doesn't know how long he is crying. No, he actually can't sense anything around him. Until he heard his phone ringing.

"H...Hello?"

"Hyung! Where are you? You're not in the lobby. You're not home already, are you?" Woohyun asked with angry tone.

"Woo... Woohyun-ah."

"Sunggyu hyung? Where are you?" He changed his to to the worried one.

"Rooftop." Sunggyu replied with a very low tone but still audible for Woohyun.

"Okay, I'll be right there." the he heard the sound 'click'.

Minutes later Woohyun came to the rooftop panting. He sees Sunggyu with a very miserable look. He gulped.

"Hyung, what are you doing here?"

"Woohyun-ah. I saw her." Sunggyu replied blankly. He seems better than minutes before.

"Who?"

"Soohyun." This simple name already gives Woohyun chill.