a feisty one

the calm in the sirens | seulrene
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After the sucessful confrontation Seulgi had with the suspect’s mother a week ago, Wendy has been kind enough to her colleague that she finally lets Seulgi call her by her original name. The fact that this is happening made Seulgi so happy that all she could think about is to tease Wendy everytime that she could. 

Thursday. 3:00pm. Wendy treated Seulgi and Yeri out to lunch at a restaurant near the department. The three girls decided to take a walk towards the restaurant. "Thanks for doing this unnie." Yeri said walking next to shortest girl among the three. Seulgi remained walked silently behind them, feeling the cool breeze of the wind that is softly caressing her skin. Seulgi was dazed at the clear skies above them. 

"Seulgi-ssi?" It was Wendy's voice who got her out of finite la-la land. Seulgi turned her attention to the girl calling her. "What do you want to eat?"

Seulgi thought for a second. I'm not really hungry but my colleagues rarely invite me out to anything so I'm going to order plenty, was what Seulgi wanted to say but all she could bunch up is, "Anything is good." she said. 

Wendy rolled her eyes in response as she knew Seulgi too well. "You're acting cool again. Seriously, tell me a dish that you like to eat." She said waiting for Seulgi to catch up with them. 

"Uh, we're going to a Korean restuarant right?" Seulgi squeezes her eyes dramatically. "Wait a sec. Let me think about it..." 

"Are you being serious right now?" Wendy said clearly getting impatient with Seulgi. 

"Ah!" Seulgi said making the two girls jump in surprise. "I heard serve a good Marget de Canard." Seulgi said impersonating an almost perfect french accent.

"You're such a loser, Kang Seulgi." Wendy sighed in frustration dragging Yeri away from Seulgi. 

 

"Seungwan-ah~"

“I swear to ing God, Kang Seulgi I’m going to kill you if you start to calling me that.” Wendy replies giving Seulgi a death glare. 

“That would be so bad if you kill me, no one is going to solve your future cases!” Seulgi laughs nudging Yeri to laugh at her joke which the younger girl obeyed with a forceful laugh. 

“I can’t believe this.” Wendy sighed in frustration making the girls laugh a fit. “Let’s get this over with and eat okay? I think I’ll go crazy if I’m stuck with you.”

 

Seulgi found herself inside her office, a coffee on her hand. Her space is darker compared to Wendy’s. She prefers minimalist colors. The thing is, Seulgi finds black and white surprisingly alluring. Her sketches are plastered on the walls as those were the only prized possessions she possesses. 

The dark hues of the city enticed Seulgi’s mind, making her feel drowsy the moment

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter