ms. choi

the calm in the sirens | seulrene
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The defying silence inside Seulgi's car made Irene want to step outside and breath out all the tension and awkwardness that she feels. Seulgi's black coat feels warm on her skin, perfectly latching her body as if belongs to her in the first place. "Thanks for the coat. I'll give it back when we arrive." Irene said to the girl beside her who literally looks like everyone is inexistent. "Keep it. You don't want to go in the meeting wearing those shorts don't you?"

She's the most nonchalant person I know. Is this person even human?

"Are you implying that there's something wrong with my outfit?" Irene asked raising her eyebrows. Let's see if she has the capability of having an opinion over these types of concerns.

"Nope. There's nothing wrong with your outfit." Okay? Maybe she's not that bad after all. "But, maybe there's something wrong with you."

Irene felt the blood slowly rushing to her face. The audacity... "Well, that's offensive. What do you mean?"

"I did not mean to offend you." Seulgi sighs, she looked at Irene with her gentle eyes, and for a moment Irene felt instantly closed. "What I mean is, you could have picked an outfit appropriate for a meeting."

Irene felt herself blush out of embarassment. She was supposed to meet Seulgi back when she barged into their department, she even wore a decent outfit then, as she expected a warm welcome. However, when she arrived at the office no one even dared to welcome her, and because of that, she went back to her hotel room and dressed herself as comfortable as she could. Besides, it was late and hot. Who could blame her? "Cut me off some slack will you? It's late and I'm tired waiting for you to ca... Anyways, it doesn't matter. I don't even know why I'm trying to justify myself."

Seulgi remained silent for awhile, mustering her thoughts about everything; the death of Choi Heran, the meeting, and the girl beside her. "If you're that tired, then you can sleep for a while." But before she could notice, Irene eyes started to fall, and after a couple of minutes, the girl beside her fell asleep. "She looks nicer when she's asleep."

 

"Hey." Seulgi's gentle voice woke Irene up. "We're already here and the meeting will start in 20 minutes." Seulgi added before exiting the compartment.

 

The investigation formally began during the urgent meeting. The head chief, Lee Sooman assembled his detectives in a conference room located at the Seoul Police Headquarters. He studied the group accordingly, and Seulgi wasn't sure if he was happy with the composition at all. Well, he doesn't look happy but you don't have any choice, Sir.

Park Sooyoung or Joy who is widely recognized as the best coroner in the country sat next to Wendy, as usual. She knew Mr. Lee had problems with her back then, calling her overly confident for having her own opinion on most of her cases, and that she's too intelligent for a woman. However, because of all these trais, Seulgi admired her even more. Sooyoung posesses both beauty and brains, and he can't handle it. Mr. Lee is a good chief but there are times where his fragile masculinity prevails.

Son Seungwan was the one he was worried about, and Seulgi is most certain about this. She had solved many cases and performed diligently thorought her uprising career. However, Seulgi knew Mr. Lee did not like Wendy's sensitivity. For Seulgi, it was Wendy's best asset. It's something that I apparently don't have. Then, there's Kim Yerim was setting up the table, bringing and water bottles for everyone. She was also a bright student who already secured a position in the department. The moment she's done with college, she'll be working here in no time. Yeri is a woman of talent and full of ambition and Seulgi couldn't wait to have her around the department permanently.

And there's Seulgi. Mr Lee describes her as exacting and unpredictable, and he regarded her traits most valuable in tricky and controvesial investigations. Seulgi had imagination and the ability to make someone stutter with her intelligence. He remembered the time when Seulgi discovered peculiar and improbable connections that all the others had missed, and these led to breakthroughs.

Next to her was the infamous investigative journalist of The Jeong Tribune, Bae Joohyun. He did not have any solid opinon about the girl since he hardly know her. She was just requested by the Choi's to have her assist the department in the investigation. People need to hear the truth and she's the person who can do it, Mr. Choi shared to him during their phonecall.

"Good evening, I'm sorry I'm late." A man wearing a normal business suit entered the room. By the way he looks, Seeulgi concludes that he's in his middle adluthood. His age granging from late twenties to early thirties. "I'm Lee Donghae. I'm the lawyer Mr. Choi sent. I'm

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter