Canada

Missed Opportunity

A/N: Alright, so maybe two more chapters; building up the suspense!

--

Seulgi picked up her phone to see three missed calls from Zion. She sighed as she opened her phone and dialed his number.

“Hey! Are you okay? I’ve been trying to call you, but you weren’t answering.”

Seulgi softened at the sound of his voice, “Yeah, sorry oppa. There’s kind of a lot going on right now.”

“Where are you?”

Seulgi looked around. She had been walking around for about an hour and didn’t realize that she had stopped in front of the coffee shop.

“I’m at xxx”

--

Twenty minutes went by before Zion arrived. He immediately smiled when they made eye contact as he made his way over and Seulgi felt a pang of guilt.

“Sorry to keep you waiting." He took off his jacket before settling down in the seat in front of her. "Now what happened?”

Seulgi took a deep breath before starting, “You remember how I said Chanyeol and Seungwan were getting married?"

Zion nodded his head, "Well, they didnt."

His eyesbrows rose. “What do you mean they didn't?”

"She called off the wedding. Something about her having feelings for me."

"Oh."

Seulgi couldn’t look Zion in the eyes. She was afraid of what he might say and continued to look down. It felt like an eternity had passed before she felt a warm hand grab hers.

“Hey, look at me.” Seulgi slowly looked up and met the man’s gaze.

“It’s okay.” Zion's voice was gentle

Seulgi was confused.

“I mean I would be lying if I said I wasn’t upset, but I also know that she was a huge part of your life.”

“Zion…”

Zion shook his head and smiled, “No really. I’ve been with you long enough to know that your smile doesn’t quite reach your eyes the way they do when you’re with Seungwan. Yes, I’ve seen your photos together. I guess I should have seen this coming? But she had been gone for so long, I thought you would eventually get over her, but I guess I was wrong.”

“I’m so sorry, you don’t deserve this.” Seulgi said as tears began falling down

Zion handed her a tissue, “Don't worry about it. C'mon look at me. I'll just lure another girl in with ramen."

Seulgi chuckled. Only Zion would be this nonchalant. 

"You should call her. I think you guys are long overdue.”

After Seulgi had stopped crying, Zion hugged her. As he was leaving, he turned around and spoke again, “Oh and Seulgi, don’t let her get away this time.”

Seulgi couldn’t help but smile and nod as she waved goodbye.

--

Seulgi groaned as she stared at her phone. She had been debating for the past two hours on whether or not she should call Seungwan. She knew Zion told her to, but she was afraid of what the girl might say.

“Unnie, what are you doing?”

Seulgi looked up to see Yeri walking over to the couch.

“Yeri-ah…”

After an hour of going back and forth, Yeri convinced Seulgi to call. After all, what’s the worst that can happen?

‘Sorry, this phone number is no longer available.’

Seulgi froze.

“What’s wrong?” Yeri looked at Seulgi concerned

“H-her phone. The line’s disconnected.”

“What? Why would she do that?”

Seulgi shook her head, “I don’t know. What now?”

Yeri was silent for a few seconds before speaking up again, “Why don’t you go to Canada?”

Seulgi’s eye nearly bulged out, “Canada?! I can't just show up like that."

"Why not. Doesn't it sound kind of romantic? Chasing your love into another country.

Seulgi slapped Yeri, "Yah! I don’t know where she lives. I don’t even know English. How am I going to find her?”

Yeri smiled, “I can ask Sunmi unnie, they’re close.”

Seulgi’s eyebrows furrowed, “Since when were you close with Sunmi?”

Yeri blushed, “Since she asked me to help produce some new music.”

“What? Since when. Why didn’t you tell me?”

Yeri looked down, “Well after the whole thing with Seungwan unnie, I didn’t want to bring up anything. Anyways, let me ask her for the address.”

Three hours later and several texts later, Seulgi was packed and on a plane to Canada.

--

Seulgi arrived in front of the address on her phone, but she couldn’t bring herself to ring the doorbell. She was nervous to see the girl again after all this time. She hoped she wouldn't slam the door on her.

She paced back and forth for another five minutes before making her decision.

‘C’mon Seulgi, you can do this.’

Seulgi closed her eyes as she raised her finger to push the button.

Thirty seconds later, a woman opened the door. She was slightly older than Seungwan, but Seulgi couldn’t deny the resemblance and figured this must be her sister. Seulgi felt her face heat up as the woman looked her up and down.

“H-hi. I’m looking for Seungwan?”

“Seungwan? May I ask who you are?”

“I’m Seulgi.”

Seulgi felt like the wind was knocked out of her as the older girl pulled her into a hug. She was jumping up and down for a few seconds before she finally let go.

‘This is definitely Seungwan’s sister.’

“Oh my god, Seulgi! I’ve been wanting to meet you since forever. Seungwannie used to talk about you all the time when she was in college. It’s nice to finally put a face to a name. I’m Seunghee, Wannie’s older sister. Come in. She just ran out to buy some milk. She should be coming back really soon.”

Seulgi nodded as she awkwardly stepped into the house. She scanned the living room and was surprised by how large it was. She knew that Seungwan was relatively well off, but had never been inside her house before.

“I’ll show you her room, you can wait there.”

Seulgi followed Seunghee through the halls before stopping in front of a door. She opened it to reveal a clean room with hints of blue everywhere.

“Let me know if you need anything.”

Seulgi bowed and thanked Seunghee as she left and closed the room behind her.

Seulgi walked around the room and stopped at the desk where she noticed a photo frame. She picked it up and smiled. It was a picture of the five of them at the amusement park. She began scanning the bookshelves and noticed a diary. She picked it up and was about to open it when she heard the door knob turn.

She turned around and was met with the girl she had been longing for months and years.

“W-what are you doing here?”