The End

Missed Opportunity

One Year Later

“C’mon unnie! The show is about to start.”

Seulgi feigned a groan as Yeri ushered her into the auditorium. Sunmi was about to perform her new song on music bank and Yeri wanted to make sure she was in the front row to cheer her girlfriend on.

The two had been dating for a couple of months now after getting to know each other when Yeri helped produce Sunmi’s new album.

Seulgi smiled as she watched Yeri yell louder than all the other fans during the performance. She was happy the younger girl was able to fulfill her dreams and also the fact that she got the girl in the end.

After the show Yeri dragged Seulgi backstage to meet the singer.

“Unnie!” Yeri yelled as she jumped into Sunmi’s arms as the taller girl gave her a peck on the cheeks.

“You were great!.”

Seulgi chimed in, “Yeah, I think you definitely had the best comeback today.”

Sunmi smiled, “Thanks, I’m glad you guys came. As always, you know I have to have a party to celebrate my new album. Are you coming tonight Seulgi?”

Seulgi nodded, “Definitely. I'm just going to stop by the studio first to finish up some work. I'll see you guys later!”

She waved bye to the couple before leaving. On her way, she decided to stop by her usual café to get some coffee. She was busy looking at the menu when someone walked up beside her.

“My favorite is the matcha latte. I just so happened to buy two, would you like one?”

Seulgi smiled when she looked down next to her to find Seungwan holding out the drink.

“Yah! What’re you doing here?”

“Just stopped by to get a drink for my girlfriend.”

Seulgi grinned, “Oh really, are you sure you should be giving this to me?”

“I’m sure she won’t mind a pretty lady taking it.”

Seulgi smacks her arm before taking the drink, “Let’s go sit.”

--

“So Sunmi’s party is happening tonight. I heard Chanyeol is going to be there.”

Seungwan wiggles her eyebrows, “Are you jealous?"

Seulgi scoffs, “Of course not. So long as he doesn’t try to propose to you again, it'll be okay.”

“I heard he’s dating someone new actually.”

“Good, I don't need that competition.” Seulgi states as she picks up her drink. 

Seungwan reaches out to hold her hand, “Hey, we’re okay right?”

Seulgi’s eyes soften and immediately feels bad when she sees her girlfriend pout, “Yeah of course. Sorry, just feeling a little possessive.”

“Good, because this would’ve been really awkward.” Seungwan pulls away to take something out of her pocket. It takes a second for Seulgi to realize it was a velvet box. She feels her breath hitch as Seungwan puts it on the table.

“I remember when we were in college and we used to spend almost every day together in this very café. My heart used to race whenever you walked in here and died on the days you didn’t come. I just knew it was something more than a crush the first time we kissed. I didn't expect to bump into you here today, but we did and it's got to be fate right? Even after years apart, we seem to find each other. The moment I saw you at Sunmi’s party, I realized those feelings I had for you when I was younger never faded. Every day, I find myself falling more and more in love with you and everything you do. I originally wanted to ask you later tonight, but I couldn’t think of a better place than where it all began. I’ve known for awhile that I wanted to be by your side for the rest of my life and I hope you feel the same way.”

She opens the velvet box and looks at Seulgi.

“Would you marry me?”

Seulgi feels the tears brim in her eyes, "You should've asked in front of Chanyeol."

Seungwan laughs, "Is that a yes?"

Seulgi quickly nods as Seungwan takes out the diamond and slides it onto Seulgi’s ring finger. She smiles and kisses the hand, before reaching over to cup her face and place a kiss on her lips.

When they break apart, Seulgi leans her forehead against Seungwan’s, “You better not run off to another country without telling me again.”

Seungwan chuckles, “Wouldn’t dream of it.”

--

A/N: OH MANNNN, IT'S OVER!!!

This was actually super short, but only because we all knew it was going to be a happy ending, right? I didn't want to ruin it with anymore drama, thought the couple had enough angst between them.

Thanks to everyone who stuck around to the end; hope you enjoyed it(: