Happily ever afters

Missed Opportunity

“Ugh” Seulgi groaned as she stretched out her arm. Her arm was sore from last night. When she woke up, Seungwan had already left, but the girl remembered to leave a note. She picked up the pink post-it again:

Seul, sorry about falling asleep last night

Work has been so hectic

I promise I’ll make it up to you next time

Text me when you’re up (:

-Love Wan

She reached down to put the note back on her desk and flinched when pain shot up her arm. Seulgi shook her head, but couldn’t help and smile, ‘worth it’ before leaving for the mall to meet Sooyoung.

--

“So…how was last night with Seungwan unnie?”

Seulgi almost choked on the noodles she was slurping. She quickly grabbed a napkin as she coughed, “w-what do you mean how was last night?”

Seulgi watched as the younger girl wiggled her eyebrows, “Well Irene unnie told me she forgot to grab pajamas and when she got home she saw the two of you looking very cozy with each other.”

‘She came home last night?!’

Sooyoung continued, “Are you ever going to tell her how you feel?”

Seulgi sighed. Everyone knows how Seulgi felt – no feels – about Seungwan, just not the girl herself. “She’s with someone else now. Anyways, she’s back and I don’t want to ruin what we have.”

“Well I just want you to be happy too.”

Seulgi nodded and the pair finished their lunch in silence as Seulgi contemplated on what to do.

--

“Thanks everyone, good job today!” Seulgi bowed after finishing up a 10 hour photoshoot. ‘Man, who thought it was a good idea to have a nine member girl group?’ Seulgi rubbed her nape and checked her phone.

From Seungwan: “Hey, what are you doing tonight? Do you want to go to hang out?”

Seulgi’s fingers itched to text back, but her brain told her not to. Seulgi had been distancing herself from the Canadian. She thought maybe if she saw the girl less, her feelings would eventually dissipate. Whenever the girl texted asking to hang, she would tell her that she was busy, which wasn’t a lie. Fall was coming and there were a lot of photoshoots for the new season. Instead of replying, Seulgi packed up all her equipment and headed home.

--

“What are you doing here?”

Seulgi had just got home to find the Canadian sitting on her couch flipping through a magazine.

“Irene let me in. She said you’ve been coming home late from work and that I could wait for you here. She’s spending the night at Bogum’s.”

“You could have called.”

“Yeah, but I was afraid you wouldn’t answer or that you would say no. We haven't talked much since our movie night and I just wanted to check in. Did I do something wrong?”

Seulgi watched as the shorter girl got up and walked over. Soon she was standing in front of Seulgi and tilted her head as she looked at Seulgi. It took everything in the brunette to not reach over and kiss the girl.

“No, of course not. Work has just been really busy. Sorry.”

The girl didn’t look like she believed what Seulgi was saying, but accepted it anyways.

“Okay, but you know you can tell me anything right Seul?” The girl reached over to hold Seulgi’s hand and the taller girl felt her heartbeat increasing.

“Y-yeah”

“Great. So I bought some groceries. I thought we could cook together just like old times. The girl walked to the kitchen and began taking things out of the fridge and motioned for Seulgi to come join her. Seulgi walked over and couldn’t help missing the warmth of Seungwan’s hand from a few seconds ago.

--

“YAH KANG SEULGI, DON’T DO THAT, YOU’LL BURN THE KITCHEN DOWN.”

Seulgi stepped away from the stovetop and pouted, “Why did you ask me to cook with you then? You know I .”

“I thought that you would’ve gotten better considering I wasn’t around to cook for you anymore.”

“Yeah well, it would’ve never been as good as yours anyways.”

She watched as the smaller girl smirked, “Yeah, without you around I always had enough leftovers to last three days.”

The taller girl blushed, “Shut up, I don’t eat that much.”

Seungwan burst out laughing, “I’m kidding.”

The duo continued bickering until they both finished their meal. After they were done, Seungwan offered to do the dishes, but Seulgi refused.

“No! You’re the guest and you cooked everything, the least I can do is clean up.”

“Don’t worry about it. How often do I get to cook for you?”

“Seriously, let me do it.” Before Seungwan could argue, Seulgi quickly picked up all the plates and headed to the kitchen.

She finished washing the last plate when she turned around and shrieked to find Seungwan standing two inches away. Seulgi stepped backwards, but lost her balance and closed her eyes expecting to hit the ground. However, instead of the floor, she felt a pair of arms wrapping around her waist.

“Woah, careful there.”

When she opened her eyes, the latter’s face was only a few centimeters away from hers. Seulgi felt her whole body heating up, but neither pulled away. The pair stared at each other and Seulgi couldn’t help but look down at her lips. The red lip gloss was begging to be wiped away. Seulgi felt herself moving closer and watched as Seungwan’s eyes began to close. She felt the other girl’s breath against her face when the phone rang. Seungwan quickly pulled away and mumbled sorry before picking it up.

“Oh Chanyeol. Sorry, I was eating dinner and didn’t see the text. Yeah, I’ll be back in a bit.”

Seulgi watched as the girl hung up before looking over.

“I guess you should go.”

The girl stared at her for a few seconds before nodding, “Yeah, I guess I should.”

Seungwan put on her jacket and picked up her bag. She walked to the door before turning around, “Tonight was fun, I’ll see you later?”

“Yeah it was. Text me when you get home.”

The smaller girl nodded before waving bye and leaving.

Once the door closed, Seulgi leaned against her kitchen counter, ‘What the hell was that Seulgi? Damn hormones, control yourself.’ She went to the bathroom to take a cold shower. When she finished, she heard her phone beep.

From Seungwan: Just got home! Let’s do this again soon ^^ 

Seulgi texted a quick yes and goodnight before laying down on her bed. She felt her eyelids getting heavy as she replayed tonights’ events in her head. She couldn’t believe how bold she had become. A few years ago, she would have never considered kissing the girl, but at the same time, she wished she had. She wanted nothing more than to go back to their college days when things weren’t as complicated. Back when it was just the two of them, but life wasn’t a fairytale and sometimes there weren’t happily ever afters.

--

A/N: Hey guys, this chapter is a little short, with some fluff to offset the angst. Next one will be a little longer and from Wendy's point of view. Thanks for reading!