Six months

Missed Opportunity

A/N: Hey guys, super super short chapter. Next one might be the last and there will be an epilogue. Had a little bit of a writer's block for this story, but thanks for hanging in there with me.

--

The first month after Seungwan left, Seulgi was adjusting to life without the girl again. The first few weeks, she was still moping around at home. She cried to all the romcoms on Netflix and felt her eyes tear up whenever she walked past the coffee shop. Then one day, Irene thought enough was enough and dragged her out for a girls night. Seulgi was reluctant to go, but after two hours at karaoke, she was glad she came. 

After that, things started to get better.

In the second month, Seulgi met Zion. He was a singer and though his voice couldn’t replace Seungwan’s, he made her feel warm. He would stop by her studio frequently and bring her flowers and ramen because chocolate was too overrated. Slowly, he began putting back the pieces of her heart that Seungwan had broken.

When the third month rolled around, Seulgi and Zion started dating. She was also spending more time with her friends and family. Her parents were happy that she was visiting often and suggested that she move back home, but she couldn't just leave Irene.

Unfortunately, the latter didn’t feel the same way.

Fast forward a week later and Irene tells her that she has decided to move out to live with Bogum and for a moment, Seulgi considers her parent's suggestion. She is mulling over the decision for about a week before Yeri asks to move in.

A few days in, Seulgi begins to regret saying yes.  

The younger girl is constantly blasting music and is overly messy. She can't cook like Irene and the two end up eating takeout all the time, but Yeri's always there to welcome her home and for the first time in a long time, Seulgi is happy. 

It is the middle of the fourth month when Seulgi receives a file on her desk about an upcoming photoshoot. She opens it to see it was for an album and doesn't think twice before agreeing. It wasn’t until an hour later when she picks up the file again to look at the artist’s name that she regrets her decision.

It was a shoot for Park Chanyeol.

Seulgi asks to back out, but her manager tells her it would look bad for the company considering how big of a star he is and that was the end of that.

--

The day of the shoot Seulgi receives a text from Zion.

Zion: Hwaiting! If you need me, I’m only a phone call away.

Seulgi smiled as she read the message. Zion didn’t know the full story of what happened between her and Seungwan, but knew that he supported her no matter what.

Her phone buzzes again and she looks at it to see a text from Yeri.

Yeri: Unnie, it’s not too late. Me and Sooyoung unnie are ready with our baseball bats, just tell us when!

Seulgi shakes her head as she texts her back to tell them to calm down and that she would be fine…or so she hoped.

She turns around when her assistant knocks on the door telling her that Chanyeol arrived. She then takes a deep breath before putting her phone away and walking out.

--

Two hours later, the photoshoot is finally over and Seulgi breathes a sigh of relief. She mentally applauds herself for getting through this and begins packing up her equipment.

She was about to put her camera away when she heard someone calling her name.

She turns around to see Chanyeol standing two feet away from her with his hand running through his hair.

Seulgi waits for the man to speak up first, but when he doesn't, she tilts her head, “Yeah?”

“I-I just wanted to say sorry for everything that’s happened.”

Seulgi was confused, “For what?”

“With Wendy. I knew that she still had feelings for you, but I proposed anyways. I just thoug—”

“Wait, feelings for me?”

Now it was Chanyeol’s turn to looked confused.

“Yeah, didn’t she tell you?”

“No, aren’t you guys getting married. I received the wedding invitation” Suddenly Seulgi can't think properly. 'What feelings? She likes me back?'

Chanyeol’s eyes widened, ‘Seulgi...she called off the wedding before going back to Canada. I thought you knew.”

Time stops for Seulgi. 'They're not together anymore?'

The photographer needed answers. She tells Chanyeol she had to leave and awkwardly waves goodbye before running out of the studio

--

Six months.

Six months since Seungwan left her.

Six months since she last heard from the girl.

And six months for Seulgi to realize that she wasn’t over the Canadian.

What was she going to do?