My Secret

My Secret Love

Yoongi stayed until she fell asleep. He held her in his arms loving every moment. No one could find out about their secret love. His father warned him not to fall for her or he would be sent back to his grandma's house. This worried him. It also worried him that she can't sleep alone. What happened to her that is so painful she can't even talk to him about it? Yoongi decided to ask his dad if he knew how Jinny's dad died.  That must have something to do with it.

The next day Yoongi was the last one to wake up making Jinny restless. Finally, Jinny came into his room. "Wake up sleepy head! Breakfast is ready."

"Let me sleep. I'm not hungry," he pleaded.

"It's late Yoongi get up." Pulling the covers off of him. Her eyes widen as she stares at the bulge in his pajamas. Jinny runs out her cheeks red.

At breakfast, Jinny can't look at Yoongi out of embarrassment.

Yoongi is a bit embarrassed too.

Tae and Jinny had made plans to spend the day at an amusement park. Once again they had so much of fun together dragging Yoongi on every ride and everything is amicable. Taehyung kept taking pictures and asked Yoongi to take pictures of him with Jinny.


They looked so cute together it made Yoongi so jealous. But he knew in his heart that Jinny belongs to him. They have a bond that can't be broken not even by the perfect Taehyung. How will this end? He asked himself. Will she let him go gently at the end of the day or will it drag out until he just gives up? Maybe she still loves Tae and thinks of Yoongi as her brother. It doesn't seem fair either way.  Love hurts.

When they got back Yoongi saw the chance to talk to his dad alone. "Dad do you know how Jinny's father died?" "It's too painful for her to speak about so I thought I would ask you."

"I've been meaning to talk to you about it. Jinny and her mom are Tsunami survivors."

"Oh!"  Yoongi says with suddenly wide eyes.

 

"She suffers night terrors due to post-traumatic stress. It's really sad. Her father died protecting them with his own body. Even after he was dead, they didn't let go of his body so they wouldn't lose him.  I'm not surprised that she can't speak of it.  It's just too horrible.  I met her mom at a support group for people who have lost their spouses.  Being able to talk about it and share her feelings has helped her move on, but people heal differently.  What worked for her mom hasn't worked for her daughter.  Maybe our love and friendship will help her heal.  In time, she will open up to one of us.  I think she is doing better since we've been here.  It's a good sign.  

"Jinny still needs help dad. I've heard her crying in the night. She just doesn't want her mom to know cause she doesn't want her to be unhappy.  Both of them have gone through so much." Yoongi added.

"I will tell her mom. Thanks for talking to me. You seem to have a good influence on her and her on you. I see you much happier also."

"I am. I'm very happy here. We have a home again dad."