Be My Star

My Secret Love

Yoongi woke with a start when a library cart squeaked past him. He had taken refuge at the library to warm up and reading a book had made him sleepy. He did a lot of reading at his grandmother's house since she doesn't have internet or even a computer. Not having a phone was making him feel like a caveman. He looked at his watch and realized he did not have anything to eat since the sandwich at breakfast. He smiled thinking of Jinny preparing that for him. He walked out of the library and went towards the coffee shop nearby. As he passed a convenience store, he decided it would be best to save his money so he went in and bought a bowl of ramen noodles. He sat there for as long as he could and then headed towards Jinny's house taking his time since it wasn't dark yet. If only he had made some friends here he would have someone to visit.

He was shivering when he finally made his way to the side yard to tap on Jinny's window. She opened the window happy to see he was fine." Go to the front door. I talked to your dad and he wants to see you. I didn't tell him you were here last night. Go."

Yoongi made his way to the front entrance stealing himself for what was to come. He rang the doorbell. Jinny opened the door and pulled him into the warm room. "Poor baby you're so cold."

"Jinny go heat up some food for him and bring some hot tea."

"Yes, mama."

"Yoongi how are you?" My mom asked hugging him tightly.

"Cold but ok. I really want to come home. He said shivering with a little pout."

"Yes, Yoongi I want you home too. First, let's get some food into you."


Yoongi walked to the little kitchen and sat at the table. Jinny was placing the food on the table and poured some hot tea for him. He took a sip as he watched her work.

"I'm so glad your here." She hugged him from behind. He brought his hands up and held her arms. She felt a drop fall on her arm and turned to look at his face. "Are you crying?" She asked.

"I missed being here so much." He said as he covered his face. She moved his hands away from his face and wiped the tears for him. "I never realized how lonely I was till I felt your warmth. I don't want to go back to that. I can't!"

"I can't imagine my life without you. Never leave me again." Jinny said close to tears.

"Jinny, you are the love of my life. Destiny put us together to heal our wounds. Every time I look at my past I realize I was just waiting for you... I belong next to you."

"I feel the same! I will never stop loving you!"