A Promise To Love

My Secret Love

Jinny:

I can't believe this is happening to me. It is my wedding day, but instead of marrying the love of my life, I'm being forced to marry Taehyung. Part of me loves Tae, but he is not Yoongi. Why hasn't Yoongi come? Has he given up on us? I keep messaging him, but he doesn't answer. Ever since he saw Tae kiss me, on the day Tae came with his parents, Yoongi hasn't been the same. Soon after, he retreated into himself and left me to start college. He told me he had to better himself so he could compete with Taehyung. I told him there's no competition! You already won! But he wouldn't listen to me then and he's not answering me now.

"Jinny it is time," my step-father said as I stared at him with a pang in my heart. Dressed in a black tux, he looked so handsome like Yoongi will look when he's older. It made my heart ache more for my step-brother.

He took my arm and led me to the wedding venue, a grand ballroom of an expensive hotel. The beauty of this place was mocking me. It was all about love and happiness, but my heart was breaking. My heart was pounding with each step I took, I was getting farther and farther away from Yoongi. How could he leave me? How would we recover from this? 

He came into my life at our parent's wedding. The cute, shy boy with a sad aura. All the times I shared with him came flooding back. The day Yoongi moved into my house with his little suitcase rolling behind him. How I held his hand on our first walk together, watching the sunset, and his sweet smile as I dragged him around. The first time I timidly climbed into his bed and actually felt safe. How he saved me from my nightmares night after night. Racing home together after school to see who would do the dishes. How the summer breeze would feel as we rode on my bicycle together. The lingering gazes at the dinner table and the butterflies in my stomach. The accidental touches that made my heart sing and our first accidental kiss. Realizing he was my sunshine. The terrible heartache I felt when he was sent away. Pain and loneliness, blended with the happiness of his love confession, begging me to leave Tae.

"I can't live without you Yoongi," I whispered.

I thought all this, as I walked down the aisle, tears streaming down my face. My only consolation was the look of love on Taehyung's face. I wanted to smile for him. He loved me so much. It isn't fair to him.

I did not know how long I stood there lost in my thoughts until it was time to say, I do. Before I said those words, I paused and waited for a familiar voice to tell me not to say it, but Yoongi wasn't there. Maybe it was just too much for him. I knew I was breaking his heart.  

Taehyung kissed me with all the sweetness in his big heart.  He jumped for joy and everyone laughed at his cuteness.  Even I had to smile at his brightness.  

 

 

So many people wished us happiness.  It was a beautiful thing. I actually felt breathless when we danced our first time as a married couple.

After the reception, I couldn't help feeling exhausted.  It was a very emotional day and thankfully it was finally time for us to leave.  We would be heading to our honeymoon soon.  I said goodbye to my parents  ... and to my future with Yoongi. 

I couldn't fake it anymore. 

I wanted to disappear... or for him to save me.