My Sunshine

My Secret Love

Jinny found Yoongi sitting in the yard with his skateboard next to him.  He looks pensive and soft dreamily staring off into the distance.  She sits down next to him and gives him a feather-light kiss on his cheek. 

"I was looking for you."

"What are you doing here?  Shouldn't you be enjoying your time with Taehyung?"

"I miss you Yoongi-shi." Jinny says.

The little smile on his face lets her know that's what he wanted to hear.

"Really?" He replies.

"Are you alright?"

"Yes."

"You looked like you were far away. I hope you haven't been lonely or missing your friends. I'm sorry I haven't even asked you about it. I've just been hogging all your free time since you've come here. I'm so annoying!"

"No don't be silly.  I've enjoyed every moment with you.  I've been alone for too long."

"But, I haven't let you make other friends.  That's so selfish of me.  I promise not to hog your time so you can do stuff with other friends too.  When you want me to go, just tell me okay."

Yoongi reaches over and ruffles her hair.  "Don't be silly, kid.  I love being with you.  You're my little sunshine."

"No Yoongi, you're my sunshine.  There are no nightmares when you're around." She says staring up at him and she realizes how much he really means to her.

Yoongi puts his arm around her.  She clings to him loving the scent that is uniquely Yoongi and she nuzzles her face into his shoulder and neck.  She feels safe in his arms like with no one else.

Taehyung startles them with his deep voice. "Hey stop trying to steal my girlfriend!" Taehyung walks over and sits next to them. "I'm joking of course.

A guilty flush covers her face as she let go of Yoongi and moves away from him a bit.  Taehyung is a beautiful human being inside and out.  He doesn't deserve a girlfriend that has a crush on her step-brother.  Even admitting the thought to herself is difficult, but Yoongi is the one that has made her feel whole again.  

It's not Tae's fault that he had to move away. Jinny thinks she should be more loyal especially since he has never stopped giving her love and attention.  Not a night goes by that he doesn't call or text her before she goes to bed and she can always look forward to a good morning text.  Tae sends her pictures every day and asks her to do the same.  And now here he is, finally all hers, for a while at least, but she still wants to be with Yoongi. 

Tae is staring at her.  She wonders what he's thinking.    

"What would you like to do Taehyungie?" She asks.

 

 

"Do you have another skateboard?" He asks Yoongi.

"No, sorry," Yoongi says.

"Why don't we go to the arcade?" Tae suggests.

"Yes! That will be fun. Let's go." Jinny says as she springs up from the ground.

Yoongi stays sitting. "Aren't you coming?" Taehyung asks.

She looks down at Yoongi's eyes pleading him to come and have fun. She didn't want him to stay there feeling sad and alone. 

Yoongi looks at both of them and nods. Tae helps him get up offering his hand and off they go walking to the Arcade. She stares at them, both so different yet so precious to her. She walks up between them and holds one arm each as they stroll down the street.  Yoongi looks at her with the cutest gummy smile and it made her so happy!


 

The three of them have a great time at the arcade. Both of them competing and winning plushies to add to Jinny's collection. She didn't realize they were so competitive. They were both throwing basketballs as fast as they could to see who would make the most points. One ball bounced off the rim and hit Tae in the head. He just laughed at himself which made her laugh even more.

When they got back, it's late and they reluctantly get ready for bed.  Jinny puts all her new plushies on the bed to keep her safe kissing each one as she puts them down thinking of names for them. She bravely gets in my bed and pulls the covers up to her neck dreading the night ahead.  She tries to think of all the fun things they did to distract herself.  Hugging the pillow she closes her eyes trying to pretend that it's Yoongi's body.  

'Why am I like this?' She thinks,  'why can't I get over what happened to me as a child?  If I start thinking about it, I won't be able to sleep.  

Yoongi is sharing his room with Taehyung.  He lays there staring at the ceiling wondering if Jinny is alright.  He has a crazy thought of her sneaking into the room and having to choose whether to sleep with him or Tae. 

Taehyung is still on his phone. Yoongi can see the blue tinge of the phone's light on his face.  He wonders if Tae is texting Jinny to say goodnight.  Finally, Tae puts his phone down and closes his eyes.  Yoongi can tell by his steady breathing that he has fallen asleep.  

Yoongi decides to get up and check on Jinny before going to sleep himself.  He tip-toes out of the room, his heart beating loudly in his chest.

Yoongi opens the door to her room slowly not to wake her.  He uses his phone as a light to see.  When he lights her face she sits up and he notices there are tears in her eyes.  

"Yoongi!" she sobs stretching her arms out to hold him. "I hoped you would come."  He climbs into the bed not wasting a moment to comfort her.  

He stares at her face his eyes adjusting to the low light.  He wants to take away all the hurt in her eyes and her heart.  His lips caressing her cheek as she moves and he finds his lips on hers.  They pause for a moment realizing the overwhelming feelings they share.  His heart beats harder and faster.  They start to gently kiss holding each other closer and tighter. Yoongi stops and pulls away.  

"We shouldn't. You're my sister." He tries to convince himself he doesn't want this, but every fiber of his being is telling him to save her.