Our Destiny

My Secret Love

I so longed to touch you and kiss you but I didn't dare. You are so dear to me, I cannot risk being sent away again. Our love must stay a secret for now. If our love is meant to be if it is written in the stars then even if our paths divert we will stay in each other's hearts. I whispered these words to you to calm your heart.

We both knew something had been decided for us and for now, there was nothing we could do. My father took me aside first. He probably thought he could sell me on his idea for my future by dangling something I wanted in the past. What he doesn't know is that none of that matters anymore except as a means to be with you.

"I want you to come back home son. Your studies are important and you can't miss any more classes. You must avoid any confrontations with your fellow students even if that means staying away from Jinny at school. If you work hard, you can get caught up again."

"Okay father, I promise to do my best and obey you."

"You have your path and Jinny has hers. You can choose whichever field of study you want but I want you to go to the best university here in Korea."

"But how will we pay for that?"

"Don't worry about that. We have the money awarded to us from your mother's wrongful death suit. She would have wanted you to have it and I want you to have it."

"What about Jinny?"

"She can decide to study also after she fulfills her marriage contract."

"Marriage contract!" Yoongi felt dread rising up in him. "Does she know?"

"Not yet. We've only just met with Taehyung's parents."

No! Yoongi thought. They want her to marry him.

"No dad please, don't do that to me. I love her." Yoongi whispered.

"What did you say?"

"Did they approach you?"

"Yes. Apparently, they love Jinny and want her for Taehyung. They assured me that Taehyung loves her. They are very well off and want him to learn his father's business. They want Taehyung to forget about being an idol. He has talent but it's still very risky. They prefer him to have a normal life."

"What if he doesn't want that? What if Jinny doesn't love him?"

Mr. Min looked at Yoongi. "You mean what if you don't want that, don't you?"

Before Yoongi could answer he said, "Jinny told me she loves Tae and loves you as a brother. Don't make a fool of yourself by trying to come between them. He is her first love. Not you."

Yoongi's chest hurt and his eyes were betraying him. His throat ached and he couldn't speak.

His dad continued. "I want what's best for you. Trust me. This crush will pass. You will meet nice girls at University. Your life will be good, and Jinny will always be your sister and your friend."

Yoongi let the tears fall. He wanted to cover his ears or run away from his dad. He didn't want him to know how much his words hurt.