Alone

My Secret Love

Yoongi:

The ride in the car seemed endless especially when you don't wanna go. Tears threatened to fall feeling sorry for myself. How could we be torn apart when we finally realized how we felt? As we drove further and further apart, I felt more anxious and worried about Jinny. Deep inside I was happy. Jinny loved me! She had promised to break up with Tae. I hoped our confession would sustain us during our brief separation. It was hard not being able to call her or tell her how much I miss being with her. How much it hurt to be apart. 

When her parents made it back, Jinny was in her bed watching tv. Her mom came into the room and shut off the tv. "How long Jinny? How long have you known you love him?"

"I've only just realized how much I care. Don't be angry with me mom. I can't help how I feel," she answered, pleading for understanding with her eyes.

"What am I supposed to do now?"

"Be here for us mom. We both need you."

"You need to try to sleep. You have school tomorrow."

"Mom you know I can't."

"I know, but I will give you a sleeping pill. It will help," she said with a smile.

"They make me really drowsy at school."

"You need to sleep. Just take it please."

"I need him, mom. Promise me he will come back."

"Jinny I will try. I promise."

That night she took the pills but they didn't work. She couldn't stop thinking about him or the sensation of his lips on hers. When she finally dozed off, it was almost morning and of course, she had a nightmare. She sat on the bed hugging her knees, the tears falling. 'I wish you were beside me. Please come home to me Yoongi.'

"Jinny wake up." Her mom came in and saw her. Her eyes were red and puffy from crying.

This happened every night till her mom was very worried. By the time the week was up she had dark circles under her eyes and she was walking around like a zombie. She wouldn't do her homework and wasn't paying attention at school either. Her mom tried her best to get Yoongi back but her husband wouldn't budge.

Dr. Seuss: 'You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams...

Yoongi dreamed he was back with her. Waking her up with a sweet kiss.  He thought of the song, Beside You.

'I wish I was, I wish I was beside you.'

Yoongi woke up again looking for her.  Once again remembering how it felt to wake up next to her and see her sleepy little face and her messy hair.  How she sometimes called him mama when she woke up and then when she realized it was him would suddenly smile and hug him tightly.

Yoongi couldn't stand it anymore he needed to come home to hold her, comfort her, and take away her fear.  But not only that he wanted to make sure she was safe, loved and the happiest she could ever be.  The thought of her tearful face when he came in her room that night and her arms reached out for him made him feel so wanted.  He had never felt wanted.  The fact that he wasn't there for her was killing him.  He had to do something, anything.  He couldn't continue like this anymore.  He wished he was beside her.  He decided to go to her.  Right now.  He felt like she was calling him with her heart.  Hang on jagiya, I'm coming to you.

Then it happened.  She heard a noise at her window late at night.  She was awake but it still scared her.  She heard a muffled voice coming from the window. "It's me Yoongi."

She quickly opened the window and Yoongi squeezed in.  "Yoongi! ... How did you get here?" She asked.

"I snuck out and took the bus. I had to see you."

"I'm so thrilled  you're here!" She clung to him wearily.

"I'm so sorry I couldn't come sooner.  I had no money but I couldn't wait to see  you any longer!"

He kissed her head, her cheeks and finally her lips.  


He went over and locked the door and they got in the bed together.  "Just sleep Jagiya.  I will sneak out in the morning. No one will find out."

She finally had a good night sleep snug in his arms. The next morning she woke to his light kisses on her eyelids.  She smiled up at him wondering if it was a dream. It felt too sweet to be real. 

"I have to go now," Yoongi whispered. "Go to school I will meet you by the side where the bikes are parked.  We can talk there."

"Okay. I will bring you a sandwich." She whispered back.

He smiled at her.  "You're always so sweet to me."

Jinny POV:

I hurried to school cause I couldn't wait to see him again.  My sweetheart was back.  I hurried through the crowds of students and made my way to where the bikes are parked looking for Yoongi.  Finally, with the little privacy, we found on the side of the school where few people passed, we hugged each other tightly for a few minutes not wanting to let go of each other.  I handed him the food and Yoongi held it with a sweet little smile.

"How have you been?" Yoongi questioned looking into her sweet but tired eyes.

"I haven't slept for more than a couple of hours at a time.  I didn't realize how much time we spend together until you were not there.  I missed you so much. " Jinny said and hugged him again.


"I can't stop thinking about you. I love you, Jinny."  Yoongi whispered in her ear.

"I love you too." 

"I can't wait to be back home and be with you. I missed you so much.  It was cruel of my dad to take my phone too.  He really knows how to punish me.  I hope I haven't ruined my chance to come back by leaving my grandma's house.   Halmeoni said she would help me with some money if my dad is unreasonable.  I can also get a job and maybe stay with a friend.  I wish you could come live with me Jinny.  In the meantime, I can come see you at night. I'll be your secret love."

After their little talk, Jinny was in cloud 9.  She couldn't wait to see him again tonight. When Jinny got home her mom and stepdad were waiting to speak to her.  

"Yoongi is gone.  He left his grandmother's house yesterday.  Do you know where he is?"

"No, I don't. He stayed a week as you said.  Maybe he's on his way back.  He can come back right?"

"Depends. He should know better than to leave without telling anyone. These are not the actions of a son that obeys his father.  I did not tell him to come back.  He will learn life is not so easy on your own without your parents to support you."

 "Maybe he told his halmeoni. Please wait to decide until you speak to him. We were so happy as a family.   Please give him a chance."  She said softly trying not to provoke her stepfather.

"Don't you see I am broken, a mere shell of a person without him.  He makes me whole.  Without him, I will wither and die.  Is that what you want?  To ruin both our lives?  I thought you were kindhearted and understanding and you are until something doesn't go your way.  People are not perfect we all make mistakes.  If you want to be forgiven for your mistakes you must first forgive others.  Yoongi has only shown love and kindness to me.  He has a strong moral code and only got in trouble defending me.  He needs us too more than ever.  We are at a crossroads where we can choose to be together as a happy family or we can part and never be this close again."

"Can you contact him. He should be here to discuss this."

Jinny thought about how she could contact Yoongi but she really didn't know where he was. "I have an idea. I can call my friends and tell them that if they spot him to let him know we want him to come home.  That's all I can do since he doesn't have a phone."