C 009

The Point of No Return
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Angry lines on Sehun’s face were visible even under the dim bluish light coming from the dashboard. Hana, who gets intimidated by Sehun several times on a normal day didn’t dare break the stony silence, afraid that he would bite her head off or throw her out of the car if she spoke out loud. She was silently glad that he atleast was kind enough to give her a ride back home.

The Maserati screeched to a halt in front of Hana’s place much sooner than Hana expected. She mumbled a quiet thanks to Sehun before getting off. But before she could make her way towards the front door, Sehun beat her to it and was already climbing the steps towards the house.

“The key is in my bag.” Hana called out, at the same time hurrying after Sehun, not wanting to piss him off more by making him wait by her door. She also half wondered why Sehun was trying to invite himself into her house all of a sudden. Ever since he saw his brother earlier that night, he had been acting strange, making Hana extremely confused.

Hana’s eyes rounded as Sehun casually pulled out a silver key out of his pocket. Next moment, he had unlocked the door and had gone in without even a backward glance at Hana. She felt slight irritated that Sehun took her key out of her bag without even notifying her about it before hand. But the actual question was, when did he do it? as far as Hana could remember, she had not seen him meddling with her stuff. And then the realization hit her. Sehun is a supernatural. Ofcourse, he has other ways to steal stuff from people. Huffing to herself, she walked inside and switched on the lights only to see an empty living room. she looked around and saw Sehun coming down the stairs.

“Make sure all your doors are locked, okay?” Sehun instructed. “I just inspected your house and everything seems normal.”

“What are you talking about?” Hana blurted out. She was getting more and more confused by Sehun’s behaviour. Why is he acting all protective?

“Don’t open the door unless it’s someone you know.” Sehun continued as though she had not interrupted. “If something happens, call me right away.”

“What will happen?” Hana asked with a tinge of fear.

“There is a reason why Suho showed up infront of us tonight. It’s not good news.” Sehun said. “I’m just being cautious.”

“Suho seemed like a nice guy.” Hana said with plain honesty. Suho really did seem cool and handsome. He was polite to her and  he looked charming enough to her. Sehun’s eyes flashed in anger as soon as Hana finished her sentence.

“You don’t know anything about him.” Sehun growled in a low voice. “Don’t you dare assume things the way you like.”

“I’m sorry.” Hana quickly apologized, not wanting to piss him off further.

“I’m leaving.” Sehun said calmly. “Don’t forget what I said.” He reminded her. Just as he was about to walk to the front door, someone else opened it and came inside. Sensing danger, Sehun quickly pushed Hana behind him and looked at the person who had just invited themselves in, with a defensive stance. Hana ducked  under Sehun’s arm and looked at the person. As soon as she realized who it was, she pushed Sehun out of the way and ran towards them.

“Chan Woo Oppa!!” Hana called out. “What are you doing here?”

Chan Woo didn’t look at her. His eyes were planted on Sehun, his jaws firmly set. His right hand was inside his pocket and Hana could have sworn that he was his revolver.

“This is Sehun. He is a friend of mine.” Hana hastily introduced Sehun to Chan Woo. “Sehun, this is Chan Woo Oppa.”

Even after being introduced to each other, both of the boys didn’t come out of their defensive stances and it took Hana another ten minutes to persuade them out of their hostility.

By the time Sehun and Chan Woo left, they were on speaking terms but it was quite plain that they didn’t approve of each other at all.

 

Hana was walking towards the bus terminal the next day for her classes, when she received a call from Chan Woo. He asked her to wait at the terminal saying that he will be giving her a ride since he had the day off.

“Why do you have the day off?” Hana asked curiously as soon as she had herself seated comfortably inside Chan Woo’s car.

“The case regarding the serial killer is now closed.” Chan Woo said. “It’s been a couple of months since the last death and we now believe that either the killer killed himself or someone else killed him.” Chan Woo joked. “Anyhow, we don’t have any new leads on the person’s whereabouts so we let it go since the killings are not happening anymore.”

“Yeah, the guy is taken care of.” Hana said happily.

The car screeched to a halt and Hana actually heard the tyres screaming in protest as it did so. She slammed back to her seat as her seat belt pulled her back.

“Wait a minute.” Chan Woo said, his face b with suspicion. “You know who the killer is?”

“I don’t.” Hana quickly replied, internally cursing herself for blurting.

“Then how do you know that the killer is a guy and that he is taken care of already?” Chan Woo fired.

“I just guessed..” Hana finished lamely.

Chan Woo stared at her for a couple of minutes before sighing in defeat. “Hana, if you do know anything at all about this deal, then let me know okay? You are not supposed to keep crucial information from the cops.”

“Ofcourse, I know that, Oppa.” Hana replied quickly.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter